How are your piles?

Woffy

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Four gas canisters?  Isn’t that a bit much, you’ve got me worried about only taking two !  

Those Summit 4 packs of gas are dirt cheap in B&M and The Range. Might as well get 4 rather than 2.

@Ayrshire Chris @marcwilson87 let’s have a look at your stoves. Basic mini-stove set up or something more elaborate?

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Those Summit 4 packs of gas are dirt cheap in B&M and The Range. Might as well get 4 rather than 2.

@Ayrshire Chris @marcwilson87 let’s have a look at your stoves. Basic mini-stove set up or something more elaborate?

£5.99 in the range.

My stove is at my mate. As basic as it comes. As you can see, I'll only be using it to cook beans every morning 

Just now, marcwilson87 said:

£5.99 in the range.

My stove is at my mate. As basic as it comes. As you can see, I'll only be using it to cook beans every morning 

I don’t usually bother with a stove but seeing as I’m not drinking much this year and will be up reasonably early I’m thinking I might. Beans with mini sausages. 

Just now, Woffy said:

I don’t usually bother with a stove but seeing as I’m not drinking much this year and will be up reasonably early I’m thinking I might. Beans with mini sausages. 

I usually take something. Money is a bit tighter than usual this year, would rather what I have be used on a good lunch and dinner.

Also, sometimes I'm too rough to leave the tent without a bit of grub and a cuppa

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

A ten quid one ring job bought from go outdoors recently.  Bought 8 canisters as they were selling two packs of four buy one get one free!  Taking 2 canisters with me.  I now need to know if two will be enough.  Morning tea, beans and hot water to moisten a flannel for washing and freshening up.  Will Have had too much to drink to attempt cooking anything else at night. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A ten quid one ring job bought from go outdoors recently.  Bought 8 canisters as they were selling two packs of four buy one get one free!  Taking 2 canisters with me.  I now need to know if two will be enough.  Morning tea, beans and hot water to moisten a flannel for washing and freshening up.  Will Have had too much to drink to attempt cooking anything else at night. 

I'm taking 4 to do the same as you. Take more than you think you'll need, although you can buy some there

On 6/1/2019 at 1:30 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

2CC677D1-8312-4BCF-8F19-18A666D3FD3E.thumb.jpeg.2345983ddda9644bd3406ba108e7dcf0.jpeg

it’s a sad fact that the older you get the bigger your piles get! 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, Quark said:

Taking a sofa seems a bit much

I wouldn't say. I hear there's a perfect spot for it down the front of the Pyramid stage for it  ?

Edited by D-Low

My piles have developed so much I’ve had to move it from the conservatory couch to the spare bed. Last thing to be decided will be the clothing, that will be dependent on the weather prospects.  Beer will be purchased in England thanks to the ridiculous minimum price per unit of alcohol that was imposed on us up here by nanny sturgeon. 

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I finally have a pile. Way too many clothes I want to take but I have to make some critical decisions in the next few days!

If you haven't already look into getting some vacuum pack bags or sandwich bags and squeezing the air out when your clothes are in there! Worry about getting them back in after the festival :D