Emily Eavis / Lauren Laverne Worthy Farm

marathonsteve

13 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

indeed... The Glastonbury going bee keepers among us are v excited... ?

Are you actually a bee keeper? That's gotta bee the coolest job of the lot of us!

12 hours ago, Sweet_pea said:

If its the same thing they had at their London show, then its a mobile sound system that looks like a beetle with its wings up.

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/installations/the-bug/

I went and saw Mr Scruff there a few years ago, had a tonne of coke, was told it wasn't him at all but an imposter, the real Scruff arrived on stage, the bloody stage itself drove off and I couldn't be arsed chasing after it, flash storm shut down the whole festival while I danced on a bench, met my parents and watched Parquet Courts.

Bloody surreal place we're all a bit obsessed with innit?

13 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Anybody can book a load of bands.  That's the easy part.  

Building a temporary city out in the country for around 200,000 people to have an almost week long party in, while making sure they are all fed and watered and that disease doesn't break out?  Now that's the impressive part!

It is and it is the bit that I actually do find fascinating. I'm always amazed at the expectations some people have for a farm to be able to provide their every need for the week and I am equally stunned by how close these days they get to doing it. I go the full feral whilst I'm there but the numbers of people who have showers, do hair and make up etc. It's staggering that they manage it. 

7 hours ago, priest17 said:

Are you actually a bee keeper? That's gotta bee the coolest job of the lot of us!

No job, purely an amateur venture... along with the chickens and veggies, it’s the Cambs ‘good life’

in fact my wife is the ‘trained’ one, I am just the sacrificial ‘stingee’ in the deal. 

21 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I’m just listening back. The interview with Michael made me tear up. His laugh! I can’t get enough of it. 84 years young. I’ve never met him/seen him, I think I’d full on cry if I did. 

I had the pleasure of meeting him at the festival in 2017 as we were camping right next to the office and his parking spot (which was slightly weird at first!) he is just as lovely in person, just wants to make sure everyone is ok and having a good time. Always happy, smiling and waving. 

Could never bring myself to ask for a photo with him but I think if i see him this year and he's not been inundated for them i'll pluck up the courage.