Emily Eavis / Lauren Laverne Worthy Farm

marathonsteve

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

Think they mean nothing akin to the metamorphosis show on the spider. I'm sure it's going to be a spectacle during the sets though.

Sounds like with the spider the structure first and then the show comes later. 

Sorry to sound negative, but does anyone else think this whole "come along and have a look and tell us your ideas for what we can do with Arcadia" is a bit of a copout? Really sounds to me like they didn't finish whatever they were planning.

Sure it will still be quite a spectacle, just odd how they are so pushing this thing.

I might be reading in to what was said too much, but it almost made it sound like they have sold off the spider to a private buyer. They did obviously suffer the financial catastrophe of cancelling their festival earlier this year, so maybe that's the route they have had to take.

Whoever has bought it, perhaps installing it permanently in Vegas by the sounds of it. Very intriguing. This is kind of just speculation, but that's how I read what he was saying.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry to sound negative, but does anyone else think this whole "come along and have a look and tell us your ideas for what we can do with Arcadia" is a bit of a copout? Really sounds to me like they didn't finish whatever they were planning.

Sure it will still be quite a spectacle, just odd how they are so pushing this thing.

Sounds like it's the very beginning of an ever-evolving work in progress, which in hindsight is exactly what the Spider was, isn't it? The Spider was amazing when it debuted and just got better, no doubt Pangaea will be the same. Those Arcadia lads don't do boring, dull or normal. It'll be fantastic and you'll love it, ZMG

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Think they mean nothing akin to the metamorphosis show on the spider. I'm sure it's going to be a spectacle during the sets though.

Yeah I seen a post from them on social media responding to a question asking about a show, was along the lines of "first year is the foundations and then they will take over the skies" (something like that) which as others have said would mean a metamorphosis type show next year. 

They did however confirm there will be fire! 

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sounds like it's the very beginning of an ever-evolving work in progress, which in hindsight is exactly what the Spider was, isn't it? The Spider was amazing when it debuted and just got better, no doubt Pangaea will be the same. Those Arcadia lads don't do boring, dull or normal. It'll be fantastic and you'll love it, ZMG

Yeah fair enough. I can't remember the first year of the spider tbh! It's not an area I spend much time at anyway, but will try to get along. Always put off by the big crowds.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah fair enough. I can't remember the first year of the spider tbh! It's not an area I spend much time at anyway, but will try to get along. Always put off by the big crowds.

Didn't they start off with a tower thing, then changed to a spider, then the spider took some steroids and went massive and buff. 

6 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Didn't they start off with a tower thing, then changed to a spider, then the spider took some steroids and went massive and buff. 

Yeah I remember the thing before. Wasn't it in something called Trash City? Just can't remember the transition.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That new(ish) Kate Tempest track they just played is sublime.

She's not been massively on my radar but I am low-key obsessed with that one. So beautiful.