Flags: Where can I order one?

douglasmanso

2 hours ago, StevieMcK said:

We have a 2.7m flagpole that collapses down to 40cm and fits in a backpack.  It's used for meeting up before a band starts.  No matter where you walk into the field, it's easy to spot the group. Once everyone meets up, the flag goes down.  If anyone nips to the toilet, the flag gets popped backup until they get back. 

That would seem to be a sensible compromise. 

12 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Another, more sensible compromise might be, go to the toilet before the band starts.

or to drink less ... but it is a festival so in true tradition I will direct people to the nearest flag then  the flag bearer will fuck off .... and then when my friend returns I will need a piss myself ... so we will end up meeting after 

3 hours ago, StevieMcK said:

It's not any enjoyment thing, it's a practical thing.

We have a 2.7m flagpole that collapses down to 40cm and fits in a backpack.  It's used for meeting up before a band starts.  No matter where you walk into the field, it's easy to spot the group. Once everyone meets up, the flag goes down.  If anyone nips to the toilet, the flag gets popped backup until they get back. 

If someone has the shits after a cider overdose then you will soon get fed up raising and lowering the flag. 

29 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Another, more sensible compromise might be, go to the toilet before the band starts.

That would work for some people, but not those with weak bladders who have to piss a lot. If I use myself as an example, sometimes when I've taken a class A, I can drink until the cows come home, and not need a piss for many many an hour. However, there are times when this, really annoyingly, doesn't work, and I find that I need to go to the loo for a slash very regularly. 

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That would work for some people, but not those with weak bladders who have to piss a lot. If I use myself as an example, sometimes when I've taken a class A, I can drink until the cows come home, and not need a piss for many many an hour. However, there are times when this, really annoyingly, doesn't work, and I find that I need to go to the loo for a slash very regularly. 

Have you considered a sheath catheter? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Have you considered a sheath catheter? 

I haven't, actually. Very remiss of me I know, but there you have it. As it goes, I'm not incontinent (apart from two episodes with my OAP lady speed dealer. She took me up to and beyond the normal levels of constraint, while having me drive her all over the fucking place doing her deals!). What happens is that I could hold on, but that it gets so on my tits doing so, that there is no act, nothing, more pleasurable than getting the piss over and done with. 

I recall going to watch and listen to Bjork play the Other Stage ( might not have been called that then - not sure). Anyway, the number of times that I had to leave through the crowd to go to the loo for a slash was insane. Finally, when I thought that I had it all under control, I got back to my group in the crowd, to hear them say something along the lines of 'this is bollocks, shall we head off' - which they agreed to do. I really wanted to hear Bjork's full set, but was denied through circumstances beyond my control. That double whammy combo still annoys me to this day - but then, i suspect that, you'd already gathered that by now.

Image result for diapers in a thong + cartoon

• Upvote 1

Not once have I ever thought, there's too many flags here I can't see anything. If you're further forward you're generally below the eye level of the flags so only a few poles to look past is nothing worse than the tens of thousands of people infront of you anyway. If you're further back up the hill then flags are more in your eye line but they become part of the spectacle along with the crows IMO

On 5/21/2019 at 2:09 PM, jow95 said:

Not once have I ever thought, there's too many flags here I can't see anything. If you're further forward you're generally below the eye level of the flags so only a few poles to look past is nothing worse than the tens of thousands of people infront of you anyway. If you're further back up the hill then flags are more in your eye line but they become part of the spectacle along with the crows IMO

Crows?  I’ve seen lots of seagulls but never crows. It’s an omen of doom I tell you, winter is coming. There will be dragons flying over the site next. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2019 at 2:09 PM, jow95 said:

Well they certainly annoy me and others to a large degree, the evidence is plain to see on this and other threads. I've stood at various point between the front and back and they obstruct my view and detract a lot from the performance. Your logic doesn't stand up.

Flags piss off a lot of folk off but some continue to try to justify the unjustifiable. Purely selfish behaviour.

I've said it before on this thread, simple rule of life: don't be a dick.

8 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Well they certainly annoy me and others to a large degree, the evidence is plain to see on this and other threads. I've stood at various point between the front and back and they obstruct my view and detract a lot from the performance. Your logic doesn't stand up.

Flags piss off a lot of folk off but some continue to try to justify the unjustifiable. Purely selfish behaviour.

I've said it before on this thread, simple rule of life: don't be a dick.

I see what you’re saying but is there also not some logic behind a theory supporting the fact that the type of people to complain about flags are a very similar demographic to those who would complain about flags in a forum? I take a flag for my campsite and took it to ELO in 2016 and quite frankly couldn’t bare holding it and have never bothered again; but others flags really aren’t a thing I feel bother most people. However, as you say, there’s many people in here who disagree.

3 minutes ago, jow95 said:

I see what you’re saying but is there also not some logic behind a theory supporting the fact that the type of people to complain about flags are a very similar demographic to those who would complain about flags in a forum? I take a flag for my campsite and took it to ELO in 2016 and quite frankly couldn’t bare holding it and have never bothered again; but others flags really aren’t a thing I feel bother most people. However, as you say, there’s many people in here who disagree.

Well, as long as you're happy, I guess that's what matters. ?

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Well, as long as you're happy, I guess that's what matters. ?

I mean couldn’t the same thing be said about you by the people in the “flags look great on the telly” crowd? This is a discussion and that was my feelings on flags, haven’t found them to block my view and have enjoyed reading them all throughout the week, as I said others may disagree and that’s also fine :)

6 minutes ago, jow95 said:

I mean couldn’t the same thing be said about you by the people in the “flags look great on the telly” crowd? This is a discussion and that was my feelings on flags, haven’t found them to block my view and have enjoyed reading them all throughout the week, as I said others may disagree and that’s also fine :)

No, not really. It's simply unjustifiable.

The 'gain' achieved by the flag bearer is spurious at best and outright selfish 'look at me on the telly' narcissism at worst,  balanced against the 'loss' to the poor sods who don't get to enjoy the performance they were looking forward to to its full extent.

Flag bearers are selfish dicks. 

Don't be a dick. Please.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

4 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

No, not really. It's simply unjustifiable.

The 'gain' achieved by the flag bearer is spurious at best and outright selfish 'look at me on the telly' narcissism at worst,  balanced against the 'loss' to the poor sods who don't get to enjoy the performance they were looking forward to to its full extent.

Flag bearers are selfish dicks. 

Don't be a dick. Please.

We’re going round in circles here I feel, bc all that ‘loss’ is something I don’t seem to feel whatsoever along with 10’s of thousands of others. You must accept there must be at least some people like me who aren’t bothered, or in fact quite enjoy, the flags? Now, does anyone know the best place to buy the biggest view blocking flag money can buy? 

Only half joking I am in the market for a new flag

7 minutes ago, jow95 said:

We’re going round in circles here I feel, bc all that ‘loss’ is something I don’t seem to feel whatsoever along with 10’s of thousands of others. You must accept there must be at least some people like me who aren’t bothered, or in fact quite enjoy, the flags? Now, does anyone know the best place to buy the biggest view blocking flag money can buy? 

Only half joking I am in the market for a new flag

Really! Fuck me, if there were tens of thousands of flags at the stage even the most sympathetic of the audience might grumble.

It's a few handfuls of narcissistic selfish dicks.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

3 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Really! Fuck me, if there were tens of thousands of flags at the stage even the most sympathetic of the audience might grumble.

It's a few handfuls of narcissistic selfish dicks.

But there isn’t 10’s of thousands of flags? There’s a couple hundred MAX, what I said was there’s probably 10’s of thousands of people like me who aren’t bothered by the flags and if anything enjoy them. I Think you’re too busy calling everyone a dick to see the other side of the debate. (10’s of thousands I believe is a conservative estimate, I do think the majority of people who attend Glasto think the same but short of a festival wide survey we have no way of knowing)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t really care about flags, but who on earth are are these people who need flags to recognise their friends?

The only time it’s difficult to find your friends is at night when you can’t see flags anyway.

Arggg, now you've inadvertently introduced the concept of nightime light-up flagpoles. My nightmare is complete.?

Just now, jow95 said:

But there isn’t 10’s of thousands of flags? There’s a couple hundred MAX, what I said was there’s probably 10’s of thousands of people like me who aren’t bothered by the flags and if anything enjoy them. I Think you’re too busy calling everyone a dick to see the other side of the debate. (10’s of thousands I believe is a conservative estimate, I do think the majority of people who attend Glasto think the same but short of a festival wide survey we have no way of knowing)

No. I'm using rhetoric to make my point. Which is the only justifiable point of view a right-thinking selfless and considerate individual could possibly take (that's rhetoric too BTW).

I mean you’re also ignoring all my points in favour of “I’m not selfish so I hate flags” you do accept that many people aren’t bothered by flags yes? Not saying you’re wrong to be bothered by it, not even saying whether it’s wrong or right to take a flag, just saying you must accept there are many people who just don’t find it detrimental to their festival, or live music, experience

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

I mean you’re also ignoring all my points in favour of “I’m not selfish so I hate flags” you do accept that many people aren’t bothered by flags yes? Not saying you’re wrong to be bothered by it, not even saying whether it’s wrong or right to take a flag, just saying you must accept there are many people who just don’t find it detrimental to their festival, or live music, experience

Not, your missing my point. It's an imbalanced equation. The losers, lose far more than the winners gain. Simple.

Of course I'm going to ignore your points, they are wrong (there you go, some more rhetoric ?).

Enjoy your new flag, I suggest a simple textual design "Don't be a dick".

• Upvote 1