Is there a hill in the Pyramid field

PBacon

5 hours ago, PBacon said:

Thank you all. I am clearly wrong in that it is not flat. But also not a hill. I will try to be less wonky this year and take note of my surroundings a little more.

Don't you dare be trying such nonsense. Wonky all the way

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

There must be. At some point a mound becomes a hill and then a hill a mountain. There must be a technical definition. 

There is a technical answer for hill to mountain but not mound to hill as far as I have been able to tell from Google.

2 hours ago, uscore said:

they could do with a hill/slope at the Other Stage.

There is already, short but steep gradient pathways from the main field onto the old railway track. Pick your path or spot on the railway track and enjoy a great view of the stage, if indeed we're talking viewpoints.

Edited by Cooter

1 minute ago, Cooter said:

There is already, short but steep gradient pathways from the main field onto the old railway track. Pick your path or spot on the railway track and enjoy a great view of the stage, if we're talking viewpoints.

Is that not getting dangerously close to the always ripe long drops?  If we are talking slopes the park stage is spot on for viewing the stage. 

According to my google search a mound is man-made.  A hill is a natural feature not necessarily larger than a mound but a hill has an obvious summit (which would imply that a mound doesn’t need one).  There is no absolute definition of when a hill becomes a mountain*.  Therefore, the pyramid field could be considered a mountain**.

* 1000 feet is the generally accepted measure (according to the one website I looked at and, therefore, that information is absolutely reliable.  Honest)

** It could be, but really, really shouldn’t be.  It’s a bit of a slope and one that I’ve never really given any consideration to.

Yea I hear what you're saying Chris, looking back from the stage the far right steep path is now seriosly surrounded by loos but a few steps upward and you're on the railway path. Also, in 2017, I noticed a couple of other similar paths had been landscaped/installed between there and the Glade. In any case, once on the railway path it's happy days, just watch out for the emergency vehicles and people hiding in wheelie bins.

The pyramid field is certainly an incline/hill and we always start picking litter at the bottom and work our way to the top of the hill. The hill inclines even further up through big ground to the farm and Tom's field. I only know cos climbing the bastard when coming back to the tent pissed is a fucking nightmare. Running down it at 6am in the morning to start my shift isnt much fun either mind