What did Glasto get right this year?

Matt42

Literally heard The Comet is Coming for the first time a few days ago on 6 music. Absolutely loved the single, discovered the new album was out today. Then driving in to work hear on 6 music they are playing the festival. Pretty excited about that (listening to the album now and it's pretty good).

Lots of bands/acts there I'm excited about. Not going to list them all but Christine and The Queens and Hot Chip are probably the two I'm most looking forward to.

Also looking forward to checking out some acts I haven't hear much off on spotify. Part of the joy off a glastonbury poster is the discoveries it leads you to. Sam Fender, Billie Eilish, Janet Jackson (I feel like she's a massive name, but I coudn't name any of her songs), Stefflon Don (know nothing about him, but I love the name) and Jorja Smith are first on my research list if anyone has any song recommendations.

I made a list of all the acts I want to see and it's already more than I'll have time to see and there'll be terrible clashes. God knows what's going to happen when they release the rest of the lineup.

Stormzy
Kylie
Janet Jackson
Chemical brothers
Jorja Smith
Miley Cyrus
Tame Impala
Lauryn Hill
Sigrid
Wu Tang
Years & Years
Hot Chip
Stefflon Don
The Streets
Lizzo
Little Simz
Rex Orange County
Loyle Carner
Jungle
Neneh Cherry
Friendly Fires
Sam Fender
Aurora

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Gaga already did play though...

Lets just all hope its Little Mix next year for the Katy Perry slot 

I actually had them down for that slot after seeing them perform last year. But Miley is still a great booking for that slot.

I know not everyone cup of tea but being one of the biggest uk girl bands around right now, just surprised they haven't done a slot.

49 minutes ago, Walker2295 said:

I actually had them down for that slot after seeing them perform last year. But Miley is still a great booking for that slot.

I know not everyone cup of tea but being one of the biggest uk girl bands around right now, just surprised they haven't done a slot.

Nobody from X Factor has ever played, although they're clearly moving further and further away from the days of being pretentious about having out-and-out pop on the main stages so it might happen one day.

It’s a superbly diverse mix of acts and I really do think that there is something for everyone in the big acts, let alone the bulk of the festival which is still to come. Christine and the Queens is the stand out booking for me, but there are 5-6 acts that I really really want to see. Another 10-12 that I would love to catch. Just really well balanced