day and stage

eFestivals

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Albarn Express MK.III look as good as a lock for Park closer then, yep.

If Friendly Fires are subbing JP, that would feel like a weird transition. Park suits! But it means we’re still at a loss for JP headliners...

The thing about JP headliners is that they vary in size and genre so much that they’re pretty damn hard to predict. Always ends up being one that seems like it came out of nowhere, or an act we thought was a certainty for another stage.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The thing about JP headliners is that they vary in size and genre so much that they’re pretty damn hard to predict. Always ends up being one that seems like it came out of nowhere, or an act we thought was a certainty for another stage.

Convinced that The Streets will be JP headers.  Sadly they’ll be on Saturday when I want to see other people too!

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Albarn Express MK.III look as good as a lock for Park closer then, yep.

If Friendly Fires are subbing JP, that would feel like a weird transition. Park suits! But it means we’re still at a loss for JP headliners...

Transition into what?

I think the only thing we've heard about Friendly Fires' placing is that they're Sunday afternoon on John Peel so guessing they won't be subbing.

16 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'm fairly sure we heard they're subbing, no? @eFestivals had that down from a source. Might be wrong.

If it's true, you could say it's a janky transition energy-wise, a janky transition into a tacked-on project that doesn't touch the best of the individual members' work, a janky transition from one band that did their best work 10 years ago to another... take your pick. G,B&tQ topping the JP just feels fusty to me.

I could say that but then someone would rightly ask me if I'm on glue. Anyway, you said the Park Stage and Friendly Fires are somewhere on the John Peel Stage if reports are correct.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I think you might have been huffing too much of the ol' laughing gas alongside the Big Book of British Smiles. Lemme break it down:

Friendly Fires = subbing JP on Sunday (we believe)

Good Bad & the Queen = also playing Sunday

GB&tQ = People assuming headline Park, I'm concurring (con-quer) that it makes sense as headlining JP looks a touch off, especially with a FF party kicking off beforehand.

Mono = One

Rail = Rail

Okay now I understand. I don't know why you said it, but I have reached a state of complete and utter comprehension.

17 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Lankum are Friday according to their website:

image.png.adfe3e0249246658a74e1dc5bba57f5b.png

Matty (I haven't read back through everything on here), but how come you've got This is the Kit twice on Sunday (on two different stages)? Oversight or prediction?

Edited by Woffy

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Matty (I haven't read back through everything on here), but how come you've got This is the Kit twice on Sunday (on two different stages)? Oversight or prediction?

Oversight if we talking about my prediction clashfinder, thought I had removed them when the West Holts lineup came out :P

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Oversight if we talking about my prediction clashfinder, thought I had removed them when the West Holts lineup came out :P

Yep, that - sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Ah ok. No probs!

I'm pinning far fetched random hopes on you 'un-clashing' stuff for me!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Low against Janet/Lizzo/Neneh is going to ruin me. Please say it ain't so, clash gods.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Yikes. That's brutal.

This has got ‘whichever one I pick it’ll transpire the amazing, memorable, talked-about gig was the other one’ written all over it.