2021 Lineup

3 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Surely there’ll be around 5 maybe 6 stages 

2 x Main Stages

1x outdoor stage replacing FR

1x outdoor stage replace Dance

1x Rock Stage - Fever 333 headlined etc

1x BBC Introducing stage 

I mean I'd hope so but do you not think the sound may overlap if there were artists on at the same time

39 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

hang about why’re we trusting Ian F with that random information when he only joined 2 hours ago, that seems like such a huge change to the festival that surely Dan (who said 120 acts would be announced) would be aware of this

Posted it on twitter purely to get everyone riled up even more about the lineup and it has worked successfully. A W for me (even if I’m not sold on it being true lmao)

So who we thinking for these subs? Libertines gotta be dead on for the previous headliner but dunno about the one that had a debut record 3 years ago. Dua Lipa is bigger than Catfish and probs Disclosure too do reckon that’d look a bit odd. Gerry cinnamon probably the most obvious shout but who else is there ?

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

they haven't done it in any other year because there wasn't a global fucking pandemic

Yes. But the way they worded it sounds like they're 100% confident of it going ahead as normal next year which contradicts only having 3 stages.

If Melvin was 100% confident in his full capacity plan, which he seems to be. He wouldn't have to remove stages because of coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

So who we thinking for these subs? Libertines gotta be dead on for the previous headliner but dunno about the one that had a debut record 3 years ago. Dua Lipa is bigger than Catfish and probs Disclosure too do reckon that’d look a bit odd. Gerry cinnamon probably the most obvious shout but who else is there ?

IDLES, Gerry as you said I completely forgot. Dua Lipa wouldnt look too out of place under Stormzy tho. theres a list a page back i made of 2017 debuts

Just now, Miyn said:

Yes. But the way they worded it sounds like they're 100% confident of it going ahead as normal next year which contradicts only having 3 stages.

If Melvin was 100% confident in his full capacity plan, which he seems to be. He wouldn't have to remove stages because of coronavirus.

Its not necessarily due to capacity its more down to in a tent the air will circulate more and its more cramped, he said temperature checks will be mandatory at gates which isnt normal

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Dua Lipa wouldnt look too out of place under Stormzy tho.

Yes it would. She's the biggest female streaming wise in the world this year. She has 58 million monthly listeners on Spotify, which is 3rd overall. (Stormzy has 9 million). She's released an incredibly popular album which was also shortlisted for a Mecury prize. She'd look very out of place when you've got people like Catfish and Disclosure "headlining".

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

Yes it would. She's the biggest female streaming wise in the world this year. She has 58 million monthly listeners on Spotify, which is 3rd overall. (Stormzy has 9 million). She's released an incredibly popular album which was also shortlisted for a Mecury prize. She'd look very out of place when you've got people like Catfish and Disclosure "headlining".

I've seen plenty of predictions with her subbing

2 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Dua subbing might cause even more uproar when you look at Catfish’s stats and Post Malone headlining again

It probably would you’re right but surely her subbing is better than there being another male in her slot. Albeit she should be top of the bill so yeah. Idk just think she’s a much more exciting booking than fucking Gerry Cinnamon 

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It probably would you’re right but surely her subbing is better than there being another male in her slot. Albeit she should be top of the bill so yeah. Idk just think she’s a much more exciting booking than fucking Gerry Cinnamon 

Dua would be great, i can see them saving her for headline 2022 now after all this outrage, she’d smash whatever slot she’s put in

6 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Dua would be great, i can see them saving her for headline 2022 now after all this outrage, she’d smash whatever slot she’s put in

Dyou reckon she could do it outright 2022

Edited by Gerard the Fab

4 hours ago, IanF said:

There will be five bands on each main stage, and they will play on a rotational basis. So band on Main Stage West opens, then band on Main Stage East, then the next band on Main Stage West, all the way up to the Main East headliners (Stormzy, Post and Liam)

There will be no NME, Pit, Dance, Festival Republic or BBC Introducing Stages, but there will be a third stage for smaller acts, and it'll be open air. Think something similar to the Park at Glastonbury.

I believe this is only a temporary measure in regards to the pandemic and 2022 will see the festival resume normal service, as it were.

Expect a second announcement around September. With a few interesting names.

Can’t see them booking mk to do a DJ set amongst bands and artists there will surely be a dance stage 

Might be worth mentioning as a qualifier but the news item about the line up on the Reading site says there will be "no clashes between the headliners." doesn't actually say no clashes all day. Might well be a case that one stage starts a bit later, they all run as normal but then the two headliners don't clash because one stage closes before the other one has its final act.

25 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Dyou reckon she could do it outright 2022

hmm, on another album definitely but as it stands probably a co 

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Actually do you reckon KSI will be back, and where will he play

i really hope KSI will be back and i think early on one of the main stages (maybe as an opener like Big Shaq the other year)