2021 Lineup

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If that geezer from earlier is right about there being three stages, we are 1/3 of the way thru the lineup. Yikes

Yeah, definite yikes.

If this is the case have I missed my chance of a refund?

i rolled my ticket over to 2021 but will only go for the Queens day if there are only three stages and no Pit.

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Past couple of years I have barely done any, just camped at a spot in front of the MS, only went to see Dinosaur Pile Up and the Amazons in different stages. I went down the front for Blossoms, the Wombats and SWMRS(yuck) and that’s about it

I was down front for wombats that was so rammed where I was

1 minute ago, sharpiro said:

Excuse the old branding but reckon this is how the 2 main stages and no clashes will work out 

4635D03C-ACE9-46C8-B3F3-82C337D96EDC.jpeg

Nah, I would assume either facing each other or replacing the radio one stage at Leeds would make sense not so much reading looking at that picture

reading looks smaller than Leeds Never noticed that before 

I think the stages will be facing each other with the gap between them being the usual size of the main stage field. So even if your waiting near the front at one of the stages, if you turn around you can still have a decent view of the other stage.

2 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

i don’t get the logic, why would they not just have one stage, feels so weird

Essentially One stage is setting up while the other one is playing and then you just move sideways between each act so there is no wait time between acts 

12 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Nah, I would assume either facing each other or replacing the radio one stage at Leeds would make sense not so much reading looking at that picture

reading looks smaller than Leeds Never noticed that before 

The Reading site always seemed more compact and centralised. Everything at Leeds is so spread out.

Just now, heartsink said:

No ones denying that, let’s not get tribal haha 

I’m not mate just saying, the rush when Giggs bought out Drake in 2017 is unmatched, place went from packed to so godamn claustrophobic you could barely move then the whole place just emptied all of a sudden

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the stages will be side by side, like the above image. Lots of Euro festivals run with that setup and run very well. On a smaller scale, Slam Dunk had two outdoor stages side by side like that last year and it worked really well, one band started just a few minutes after the other finished as they set up whilst the other was playing. If there are no clashes at R&L, it makes sense for them to be side by side so there isn’t any great deal of walking to do from one end of the field to the other and instead of being at the front for one act and then at the back for the next, being side by side will work better as it’ll just be a small shuffle either side.

Just now, Andre91 said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the stages will be side by side, like the above image. Lots of Euro festivals run with that setup and run very well. On a smaller scale, Slam Dunk had two outdoor stages side by side like that last year and it worked really well, one band started just a few minutes after the other finished as they set up whilst the other was playing. If there are no clashes at R&L, it makes sense for them to be side by side so there isn’t any great deal of walking to do from one end of the field to the other and instead of being at the front for one act and then at the back for the next, being side by side will work better as it’ll just be a small shuffle either side.

That would probably also allow more stages in the gap left behind by the tents hopefully more than 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m not mate just saying, the rush when Giggs bought out Drake in 2017 is unmatched, place went from packed to so godamn claustrophobic you could barely move then the whole place just emptied all of a sudden

Remember being on crowd control at the start of giggs set we were notified to expect the crazy stampede, organisers were super worried about it 

5 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Remember being on crowd control at the start of giggs set we were notified to expect the crazy stampede, organisers were super worried about it 

It’s was pretty mental wasn’t it, never seen anything like it since, idk if we will again. They don’t get any bigger than Giggs with the current attendees

Basically we’re getting two stages of acts as opposed to 5-6 for the same money, with the second stage having smaller bands than we’d normally expect on the second stage. 

Fair enough if that’s what COVID does to ya, I think trying to sell it as some great new thing is a bit off. Just tell it as it is. 

if they fill the two ‘main stages’ with stronger content throughout it won’t be too bad, or if they manage to sneak in a couple more bands on each due to the greater turn around time it won’t be two bad

20 bands a day will be dire though if we have no choice of what to see. It’s not what festivals are about