2021 Lineup

Just now, Hawky said:

Don't think I've met anyone that actually liked Libertines' 2015 album. I also don't think it would be a shock if they did sub given their decline AND they subbed before. 

i like Gunga Din, the only song I knew in 2015(when i thought they were absolutely w*nk) and managed to go to the toilet just as they played it

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

Are we honestly entertaining this rumour by someone who's never even posted ANYTHING on the site before, let alone anything credible. 

Yes? Of course we are. This is the efestivals RandL thread. 

We've entertained worse. 

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

Are we honestly entertaining this rumour by someone who's never even posted ANYTHING on the site before, let alone anything credible. 

Yeah why not bif of fun. If it is Foals that could save the festival if theyre there

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

Don't think I've met anyone that actually liked Libertines' 2015 album. I also don't think it would be a shock if they did sub given their decline AND they subbed before. 

I dont mind it. Its not an expected Libertines album but has tunes I love listening to: Barbarians, Gunga Din, Heart of The Matter, Fury of Chonburi, Bucket Shop, You're my waterloo, Fame and Fortune, Lust of the Libertines. Actually most of the album hahaha. I can listen and enjoy it. Every time I have seen them they have been great. Though I drink a lot and thats gonna enhance it. Long story short, Anthems of doomed youth is class.

Just now, Hawky said:

Caught them at T in 15.

I Left early. Really early. 

Pretty woeful for a 12 year old me whos favourite band on the Sunday was Years & Years. Only went that year for Mumford and Sons and Bastille really, bonus Sunday

Reading it, if the guys right I would say Libertines have a great history with the festival, being the gigs they returned to after the split, better history than foals if you have to guess.

Libertines make more sense of the history with the festival but Foals make more logical sense to this lineup and emulates whats happening at TRNSMT with them subbing.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How did you go so young? With family?

Yeah my Dads been going for 30 years, pretty sure 2020 was set to be his 30th anniversary, hes only missed all of 2014 coz we were on holiday and only went Biffy day 2013. I was free for the last time 2015 so went to see what its like, rest is history been going with my Dad and his mate from work since. My brother whos 9 came for the first time last year Friday coz he loves the Wombats, Royal Blood and the 1975. So yeah pretty lucky really

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Reading it, if the guys right I would say Libertines have a great history with the festival, being the gigs they returned to after the split, better history than foals if you have to guess.

Libertines make more sense of the history with the festival but Foals make more logical sense to this lineup and emulates whats happening at TRNSMT with them subbing.

Foals have pretty decent history, was 2015 not their first headline gig and a secret set a year before. Pretty much scaled the lineup

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah my Dads been going for 30 years, pretty sure 2020 was set to be his 30th anniversary, hes only missed all of 2014 coz we were on holiday and only went Biffy day 2013. I was free for the last time 2015 so went to see what its like, rest is history been going with my Dad and his mate from work since. My brother whos 9 came for the first time last year Friday coz he loves the Wombats, Royal Blood and the 1975. So yeah pretty lucky really

Thats class mate, wish I had a dad who loved music and wanted to go the Leeds. Very very lucky, must have been a great experience. I was only allowed to go at 16 and missed it due to not liking the lineup, looking back it was class.

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Pretty woeful for a 12 year old me whos favourite band on the Sunday was Years & Years. Only went that year for Mumford and Sons and Bastille really, bonus Sunday

I was working selling giant wet wipes, aged 22. 

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I know they're headlining smaller festivals in England now but I don't think Foals would want to drop below headline level at R&L yet, especially below Disclosure and Catfish. I don't think them only subbing TRNSMT affects things much, Foals have never been quite as big in Scotland and even in 2016 they would have subbed TRNSMT.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I know they're headlining smaller festivals in England now but I don't think Foals would want to drop below headline level at R&L yet, especially below Disclosure and Catfish. I don't think them only subbing TRNSMT affects things much, Foals have never been quite as big in Scotland and even in 2016 they would have subbed TRNSMT.

Ahh okay. thanks for that, didnt realise they weren't as big in Scotland, thought they just accepted being lower.

Libertines confirmed. 

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thats class mate, wish I had a dad who loved music and wanted to go the Leeds. Very very lucky, must have been a great experience. I was only allowed to go at 16 and missed it due to not liking the lineup, looking back it was class.

Yeah I got pretty lucky in that way, coz he really shaped my musical taste, hence why I'd rather have your QOTSA, RATM and Foos than Post Malone and Disclsoure

What year was that you turned 16?

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I was working selling giant wet wipes, aged 22. 

How was it being Jared Letos PR rep??

Edited by Gerard the Fab

4 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I was at Deadmau5😎🤠

I walked past the tent and it was rammed. No entry. Looked decent tho. I ended up seeing the last few songs of Refused (why wasn't I there anyway?). They were exceptional. But it was bittersweet as I knew I'd fucked it having wasted time at The Libertines.