Fake or real ,line up poster 2019

PetePie

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not that a real poster would leak from Glasto - none ever has in the 20 years I've been sat here (they have for other fests) - but I'm now in the position to identify at-least some claims of line-up, from bands I know are playing but which haven't been mentioned by anyone.

Including Headliners?

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm allowed to, I'm currently choosing not to - because it's always useful to have a bit of knowledge in reserve. It helps identify false claims.

So, if someone tells you there’s these two acts playing, and you already know one is for sure, it adds veracity to the other one too? I can’t see how else holding back on this helps...?

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

So, if someone tells you there’s these two acts playing, and you already know one is for sure, it adds veracity to the other one too? I can’t see how else holding back on this helps...?

It means he can tell a poster is fake if it doesn't have said acts on it. If he reveals those acts they'll instantly be on any fake poster and he won't be able to verify it as fake.

Not that these leaked posters really need verifying as fake.

35 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

yep, that sort of thing. Or a fake poster, which i'd know to be fake without those names.

Holding back a little bit has been very useful in the past in helping work out who has valid info (or at least, narrowing it down to those more likely to have the real juice).

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

putting names out there is also good for traffic. There's no direct benefit like that that I'm thinking about or measuring. 

The benefit I'm looking at is more long-term, by being better at the rumours game than others might manage.

Aye, is that what they call the glastof*stf**d effect? 

Those blighters love a bit of click bait, especially for a vague or wrong rumour sent late at night when people have had some booze that incites a heated debate.