just thinking about a true renovation for 2021

AVENGED SEVENFOLD / Architects / Don Broco / While She Sleeps

2nd: Steel Panther

METALLICA / Mastodon / Slaves /  Stone Temple Pilots

2nd: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

GHOST / A Day To Remember/ IDLES

2nd: Greta Van Fleet

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

KISS / Judas Priest / Volbeat / Airbourne / Saxon / Rival Sons / The Dead Daisies

2nd: The Offspring / Billy Talent

IRON MAIDEN / Alter Bridge / Five Finger Death Punch / Killswitch Engage / Baroness / Down / Sevendust / The Raven Age

2nd: Deftones (finishing before Maiden) / Black Veil Brides

SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Static-X / Knocked Loose / Scarlxrd

2nd: Gojira (finishing before SOAD) / Primus

I’d be happy with that apart from a Korn Gojira clash!

• Upvote 2

Happy if volbeat are on again, they were the standout a couple of years ago.

for my own, personal taste, I’d love Greta van fleet, terrorvision and, why the fuck not, skunk anansie

KISS / Judas Priest / Megadeth / Greta Van Fleet / Baroness / Daughtry / Orange Goblin 

Deftones / Black Veil Brides 

The Menzingers 

Testament

Iron Maiden / Five Finger Death Punch / Disturbed / Alestorm / Staind / Arch Enemy / The Wildhearts / Bad Wolves

The Offspring / Billy Talent 

The Ghost Inside 

Carpenter Brut 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Soulfly / Static-X / Bokassa 

Volbeat / The Darkness 

Sick Of It All 

Dimmu Borgir 

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

KISS / Judas Priest / Megadeth / Greta Van Fleet / Baroness / Daughtry / Orange Goblin 

Deftones / Black Veil Brides 

The Menzingers 

Testament

Iron Maiden / Five Finger Death Punch / Disturbed / Alestorm / Staind / Arch Enemy / The Wildhearts / Bad Wolves

The Offspring / Billy Talent 

The Ghost Inside 

Carpenter Brut 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Soulfly / Static-X / Bokassa 

Volbeat / The Darkness 

Sick Of It All 

Dimmu Borgir 

And there lies the reason I'd rather no have SOAD at Download.

Nova Rock announcement tommorow, should give good indication of other bands for Download plus which days current bands are playing. 

As for next Download announcement I reckon maybe end of next month once Volbeat tour is wrapped up.

Edited by Spiral_Low

Think I'll get Saturday and Sunday day tickets and find a cheap hotel/sleep in car overnight, praying Deftones aren't on the Friday! Think Kiss will be subbed by Judas Priest 

Edited by R Shah

I've just taken a look at the announced bands' dates on their websites. Nothing to report on most, but there is the following:

Disturbed have listed themselves as Sunday. They've also listed themselves as Fri/Sun for Rock am Ring / Im Park, which is consistent to how bands play there. They're listed as playing the second night at Nova Rock. These specifics and the fact they're not just using the first day of each festival makes me thing that the Download Sunday is true. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, headlining the Avalanche would be great. 

Indeed. Very much hoping Refused find their way into that slot too - hitting up UK venues next month so hopefully swing back for the summer festivals.

Edited by JSmurphy

16 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Indeed. Very much hoping Refused find their way into that slot too - hitting up UK venues next month so hopefully swing back for the summer festivals.

It's a strange tour from Refused, they are co-headlining it with Thrice but after I got tixs for Brixton they had downsized it to Sheppard's Bush. I'm surprised by that as I would of though it'd greater than the sum of its parts and could of pushed to a bigger venue than what they both normally play.

I'd imagine with a new album to promote they will be hitting a few festivals next year.

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Headliners. 

Nice to see that next year hasn’t killed your hope in the future. It should have, but nice all the same.

42 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Ghost will get a real high spot in 2021 after 8 years of absence

Woah. 2016 feels like it was only three years ago.

Edited by dentalplan

Not sue if this actually means anything or not but Disturbed have now been moved to the 2nd line of the poster,  Do we think this has any indication to the position they'd be playing? Subbing System? 

Just now, gabrielomachado said:

yes, papa got sick or something like that

Fair play. Did not know that.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see them appear 2020. Everyone’s predicting Priest to fill out the subs but Ghost must have as much chance.

51 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

Not sue if this actually means anything or not but Disturbed have now been moved to the 2nd line of the poster,  Do we think this has any indication to the position they'd be playing? Subbing System? 

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the current poster as logo acts moved around loads and didn’t play where they initially seemed to be placed last year by the time the big poster came out. 

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the current poster as logo acts moved around loads and didn’t play where they initially seemed to be placed last year by the time the big poster came out. 

Yeah they probs just got bumped up for how to help ticket sales after all the moaning about headliners.