Record number of people trying .

Sawdusty surfer

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ha, it was one of the trickier ones!

If you're carrying a bag / rucksack or similar, you can loop the metal hook through the handle or top strap before locking the door in.  Acts as a hanger to keep bag off the floor. It's a game changer, especially in wet years :D

Ah that makes a lot of sense.  I pathologically avoid shitting in long drops though so I'm using that as an excuse for the gap in my knowledge!

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

Ah that makes a lot of sense.  I pathologically avoid shitting in long drops though so I'm using that as an excuse for the gap in my knowledge!

Really? If you can find one in the right place, a shit in a long drop on a nice day with a decent act on in the background can be quite soothing. Plus, when it's coming it's coming. 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Really? If you can find one in the right place, a shit in a long drop on a nice day with a decent act on in the background can be quite soothing. Plus, when it's coming it's coming. 

I half agree.  One of the best shits I've ever had was to Sigur Ros.  It felt like an epic journey in a BBC 2 montage sort of way.

I guess I've just been blessed with good timing that I've always been near a compostable toilet when I've needed to go

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

I half agree.  One of the best shits I've ever had was to Sigur Ros.  It felt like an epic journey in a BBC 2 montage sort of way.

I guess I've just been blessed with good timing that I've always been near a compostable toilet when I've needed to go

Mine was James Bay. You win.

I don't get the appeal of the compostables. You're basically dropping your anchor into a wheelie bin from a great height but it is somehow seen as better than the longdrops because the person before you has chucked in a cup full of sawdust.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I don't get the appeal of the compostables. You're basically dropping your anchor into a wheelie bin from a great height but it is somehow seen as better than the longdrops because the person before you has chucked in a cup full of sawdust.

I find the smell better but the satisfying splash from a long drop is something to appreciate.

20 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It did prompt us to ponder the following question though: Would you rather never get to go again, or have never gone at all?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Edited by stu_kent

One of the great Glastonbury pleasures is an early morning al-fresco shit in the long drops. Camping in Kidney mead, those traps down near the meeting/information point

"Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive

But to hear the splash was very heaven"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

One of the great Glastonbury pleasures is an early morning al-fresco shit in the long drops. Camping in Kidney mead, those traps down near the meeting/information point

"Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive

But to hear the splash was very heaven"

The long drops just next door to the astrolabe are the best ones on site my friend. Nothing beats dropping the kids off early doors in those beautiful bogs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nothing was being held back Gnom.

Nothing.

I'll set 'em up kid, you knock 'em out the park.

1 minute ago, BlackHole2006 said:

The long drops just next door to the astrolabe are the best ones on site my friend. Nothing beats dropping the kids off early doors in those beautiful bogs.

The one's by Lucy's Cafe where always great when I camped out there, not sure if they are the same now the Woods opened and John Peel has moved a bit.

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

4 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Y'all be amateurs. Friday morning, Other stage, creating your own indie landfill as the fest opens.

EDIT: points for poetry though Mardy

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

Just now, Madyaker said:

This. The long drops are awful. They stink and tall people can see over. Compost toilets all the way.

Anyone who really wants to look over and see what I'm doing in a long drop will be far more horrified by what they see then I will be by someone looking

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2