Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

32 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

An exception would be Tomorrowland. Both festivals share some artists every year.

About Four Tet: isn't the Dance Hall bigger than the Marquee nowadays? 

Same size - 8000 capacity.

Lowlands names at 10 by the looks of it. Biggest surprise they can pull is by getting either the Foos or Sheeran. 

Some very nice names there. ASAP Rocky, New Order and the Good the Bad and the Queen ruled out along with the names we had last year. I'd take a lot of the rest. Think we're in for a good edition. Whitney will have to be playing 4 gigs in 4 days in Norway, Holland, Belgium and Wales so could miss out on them. 

Screenshot_20190130-095840.png

Edited by DDave

10 minutes ago, davalex said:

With The Cure/ Foo Fighters/The National around europe in august and the name just see for Lowlands, i thinks this year the lineup can be the best in years

It could be, plus there's still enough names to keep the teeny boppers happy as well. The Cure are ruled out due to Rock Wercther

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

An exception would be Tomorrowland. Both festivals share some artists every year.

About Four Tet: isn't the Dance Hall bigger than the Marquee nowadays? 

I did say something to that effect a couple of pages back but yes, we can ignore Tomorrowland when it comes to exclusivity.

Think the Marquee is bigger now as they introduced a new tent last year. Lay out of Marquee also means people can stand outside to watch which increases the capacity (they usually have a screen too).

Interesting batch of names for LL. They've resisted going for one or two big hitters at the top and spread things out which is an approach I prefer. Would definitely take The Prodigy but not convinced we'll get them. Not sure New Order are definitely out as there's always some overlap between PKP and RW and once the latter's line up is complete New Order won't be one of the headliners. Think ultimately PKPs recent booking policy will be the main reason why they may not play but I'm hopeful they might still turn up. Loads of great DJs at LL so would be more than happy to take the majority of them. Love to see The Streets there - last billed to play the day of the storm so be nice to see him back again.

Beirut, Metronomy, Daniel Avery, Spiritualised, Courtney Barnett, Michael Kiwanuka, Deerhunter, Low, Parquet Courts, Mitski, Let' Eat Grandma, Baxter Dury,...all announced for End Of The Road.

I reckon we could see some of these names being announced for the Club as well.

A lot of intresting names around this year.

10 hours ago, Salva said:

Beirut, Metronomy, Daniel Avery, Spiritualised, Courtney Barnett, Michael Kiwanuka, Deerhunter, Low, Parquet Courts, Mitski, Let' Eat Grandma, Baxter Dury,...all announced for End Of The Road.

I reckon we could see some of these names being announced for the Club as well.

A lot of intresting names around this year.

More names.... absolutely no excuse for a weak Marquee/club/lift line up. Foals, Oh Sees & Bodega for me please.

More Summer Sonic names coming tonight/tomorrow so will rule a few out.

Screenshot_20190131-215055.png

The names below were all announced today for Way Out West in Sweden which is the week before PKP:

Cardi B, The Cure, Stormzy, Seinabo Sey, James Blake, Jungle, Jon Hopkins (live), Earl Sweatshirt, Zara Larsson, Rex Orange County, Honey Dijon, The Blaze, Mitski, IDLES, Connan Mockasin, Upsammy, Julien Baker, Dâm Funk, Cupcakke and Maribou State.

Reckon James Blake is a strong contender for Marquee headliner as they love him. Never really seen the attraction myself but loads of people raving about his new album so willing to give him another try if he gets announced. Double header with Jon Hopkins would be a good fit for one night. Stormzy as a Main sub on the back of Glasto? Didn't have a huge crowd in the Dance Hall when he played the other year but stock has definitely gone up since then. Would also be a comparable alternative to what Lowlands are offering i.e. instead of A$AP Rocky.

New Chemical Brothers track is really growing on me and album is due out soon. It'll probably never happen but would love to see them in the Marquee. Imagine those visuals in the tent alongside their back catalogue - would even eclipse Justice from last year which was mind blowingly amazing! Would be a massive statement of intent to put them in there but think the Chem's ego, coupled with their hefty fee, sadly makes it a non-starter. 

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

Reckon James Blake is a strong contender for Marquee headliner as they love him. Never really seen the attraction myself but loads of people raving about his new album so willing to give him another try if he gets announced. 

He's appalling (live) and his new album isn't worth the hype. I - astonishingly - don't quite like him, so I'm biased.

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

New Chemical Brothers track is really growing on me and album is due out soon. It'll probably never happen but would love to see them in the Marquee. Imagine those visuals in the tent alongside their back catalogue - would even eclipse Justice from last year which was mind blowingly amazing! 

I'm open minded, but if the Chems manage to eclipse a Justice show, we're in for a hell of a ride (not to mention my absolute surprise).

Don't think that the Chems in the Marquee will happen sadly. I'd be amazed if Stormzy was on the main too. 

I can see a late afternoon set for the Streets in the Dance Hall or Marquee happening. Hopefully Idles will play pretty late on in the Club and can see Deerhunter closing it one night

Is Jon Hopkins a shout for a Bonobo style Marquee closer? In terms of the Halsey/Dua Lipa type artists for da kiddies think it's got to be Billie Eilish & Sigrid. Pretty sure Jorja Smith will be high up in the Dance Hall and can definitely see Chase and Fucking Status closing it one night. A return for Hot Chip would be nice, and fingers crossed for Carl Cox as ever. Bathalzar subbing one night wouldn't surprise me. 

Think for almost definite we can say that The Foos, the National, Tame Impala, Eels, Prophets of Rage, Idles, Jorja Smith, Bathlazar and 21 Pilots will be there. Pretty good start for me.

Those are my Saturday morning thoughts. Have a great weekend.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Think for almost definite we can say that The Foos, the National, Tame Impala, Eels, Prophets of Rage, Idles, Jorja Smith, Bathlazar and 21 Pilots will be there. Pretty good start for me.

I still have my doubts about the Foos but I'm pretty confident we'll get Royal Blood.

Apparat sold out the Ancienne Belgique and I was too late to buy my ticket. Apart from Primavera they have not been announced for festivals but I'm hoping PKP will be the first august major to announce them. 

On 2/1/2019 at 11:35 PM, Semprini said:

Reckon James Blake is a strong contender for Marquee headliner as they love him.

Didn’t he subheadline Werchter?

On 2/2/2019 at 8:35 AM, DDave said:

Think for almost definite we can say that The Foos

They still don’t have back-to-back shows at anything except same venues. Think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment here.