Jump to content
DDave

Pukkelpop 2019

Recommended Posts

Flow Festival announces Tame Impala, Father John Misty, Modeselektor and Robyn. Send all 4 of them over please. Especially pleased for the fact that Tame Impala is still around in august. Since they haven't been announced for Werchter yet I think chances that they will headline a PKP day are increasing.

Next to that Jorja Smith and Major Lazer announced for Rock en Seine.  I think we can write them down. I don't care for ML but Jorja Smith would be nice.

Edited by Salva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salva said:

Flow Festival announces Tame Impala, Father John Misty, Modeselektor and Robyn. Send all 4 of them over please. Especially pleased for the fact that Tame Impala is still around in august. Since they haven't been announced for Werchter yet I think chances that they will headline a PKP day are increasing.

Next to that Jorja Smith and Major Lazer announced for Rock en Seine.  I think we can write them down. I don't care for ML but Jorja Smith would be nice.

Jorja Smith I think is a definite. Tame Impala won't be in Japan as they played Summer Sonic this year so good chance of them appearing. Mitski from the Flow line up I think will be there as well, been in the top ten albums of a lot of lists recently. Father John Misty and Robyn in the Marquee most likely.

Let's hope Major Lazer will be taken to Japan during Pukkelpop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First names announced fot Highfield Festival (same PKP weekend in Germany)

Thirty Seconds to Mars | The Prodigy | The Offspring | AnnenMayKantereit | BonezMC187ers & RAF Camora | Fettes Brot | Cro | Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls | Enter Shikari | Faber | Ufo361 | Die Orsons | Muff Potter | OK KID | Yung hurn | Nothing But Thieves | Talco | Mayday Parade | MONTREAL | sookee | Monsters of Liedermaching | The Story So Far | Blackout Problems | Rogers | KMPFSPRT

30 Seconds To Mars fits perfectly for headlining PKP: shitty band with tons of teen fans. I think that they will take the "rock" headline slot instead of Dave's prediction (Foo Fighters)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

 

30 Seconds To Mars fits perfectly for headlining PKP: shitty band with tons of teen fans. I think that they will take the "rock" headline slot instead of Dave's prediction (Foo Fighters)

Last year 30STM headlined Brussels Summer Festival, not even able to sell out an 8k-10k fest in a coheadline construction with a Belgian arena act, at 30 euro tickets.

Just to say that 30STM are far from headlining Pukkelpop.

Edited by Dietediet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

Last year 30STM headlined Brussels Summer Festival, not even able to sell out an 8k-10k fest in a coheadline construction with a Belgian arena act, at 30 euro tickets.

Just to say that 30STM are far from headlining Pukkelpop.

I am thinking in a horrendous Bastille-30 Seconds to Mars night next year in the Main Stage... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

First names announced fot Highfield Festival (same PKP weekend in Germany)

Thirty Seconds to Mars | The Prodigy | The Offspring | AnnenMayKantereit | BonezMC187ers & RAF Camora | Fettes Brot | Cro | Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls | Enter Shikari | Faber | Ufo361 | Die Orsons | Muff Potter | OK KID | Yung hurn | Nothing But Thieves | Talco | Mayday Parade | MONTREAL | sookee | Monsters of Liedermaching | The Story So Far | Blackout Problems | Rogers | KMPFSPRT

30 Seconds To Mars fits perfectly for headlining PKP: shitty band with tons of teen fans. I think that they will take the "rock" headline slot instead of Dave's prediction (Foo Fighters)

The Germans not taking Primavera's stance then. only one female on the whole bill #cockfest2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

I am thinking in a horrendous Bastille-30 Seconds to Mars night next year in the Main Stage... 

Sweet Jesus. Imagine this nightmare... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

I am thinking in a horrendous Bastille-30 Seconds to Mars night next year in the Main Stage... 

30STM seems a more realistic sub for the Foos than Bastille headlining YET AGAIN!!

edit - certainly no lack of medium-big names about next summer.

Edited by DDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DDave said:

30STM seems a more realistic sub for the Foos than Bastille headlining YET AGAIN!!

Remember Dave:

Oscar And The Wolf:  2014, 2016, 2018

Bastille: 2015, 2017, ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Remember Dave:

Oscar And The Wolf:  2014, 2016, 2018

Bastille: 2015, 2017, ......

I know, I know. I'd like to thing the will do the decent thing and not book them

Anyhow, New Order confirmed for Paredes de Coura, they are my numero uno pick for Pukkelpop this year. Perfect Marquee headliners. Make it happen Chokri!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DDave said:

Let's hope Major Lazer will be taken to Japan during Pukkelpop.

Apparently this is their last tour so, what with the history they've got with PKP, I think there's a good chance they'll turn up.

I'd love to see New Order play too but reality is they're not great live. Granted the only time I've seen them was about 15 years ago but Barney's voice hasn't aged well (and wasn't very good live to begin with anyway). Not sure how popular they'd be with the current PKP crowd but agree that the Marquee is the most likely venue for them.

6 hours ago, DDave said:

certainly no lack of medium-big names about next summer.

Pretty sure we say this almost every year - just depends on whether they decide to book the ones we like or not!!

Spoke to a friend about a month ago who's involved and he said, 'we're working hard to make 2019 an amazing edition. Things are already starting to look very good.' Couldn't get any names unfortunately but good to hear they're already busy putting the line up together. Know we often say this but not sure what they have to gain from leaving the first announcement to March as it means there's little to no surprises left? Think the main motivation though (to do things early) will be to get tickets on sale sooner. It's been suggested that one of the reasons for the change of date is to boost numbers so makes sense to have tickets on sale for longer.

As for the headliners, I think it's about time we got some real ones back. I'm going for: 

Fri - Snow Patrol

Sat - Placebo

Sun - dUES

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Semprini said:

I'd love to see New Order play too but reality is they're not great live. Granted the only time I've seen them was about 15 years ago but Barney's voice hasn't aged well (and wasn't very good live to begin with anyway). Not sure how popular they'd be with the current PKP crowd but agree that the Marquee is the most likely venue for them.

I thought New Order sounded excellent in The Barn at Werchter in 2016. Perhaps it was the enclosed venue so I would definitely accept New Order in the Marquee with open arms, especially if they are clashing against a Bastille/30STM headline slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

I thought New Order sounded excellent in The Barn at Werchter in 2016. Perhaps it was the enclosed venue so I would definitely accept New Order in the Marquee with open arms, especially if they are clashing against a Bastille/30STM headline slot.

La Roux in the Dance Hall to then join New Order in the Marquee at 1am please with Blue Monday to finish.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down The Rabbit Hole dropped quite a few intresting names today. Even more intresting is a name that was not announced. Tame Impala! Chances that they will play Lowlands and hence PKP are seriously increasing imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Salva said:

Down The Rabbit Hole dropped quite a few intresting names today. Even more intresting is a name that was not announced. Tame Impala! Chances that they will play Lowlands and hence PKP are seriously increasing imo.

Good line up for DTRH. Looking increasingly likely that Lowlands could have something like Tame Impala / The National / Florence and the Machine and Twenty One Pilots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wouldn't mind getting Patti Smith and Prophets of Rage, just announced for Le Cabaret Vert (22/08-25/08). And no thx, not Nina Kraviz again please. Romeo Elvis and Angèle...seems likely that they'll be at PKP19

Edited by DaveRSV4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

wouldn't mind getting Patti Smith and Prophets of Rage, just announced for Le Cabaret Vert (22/08-25/08). And no thx, not Nina Kraviz again please. Romeo Elvis and Angèle...seems likely that they'll be at PKP19

Think they would have had Patti Smith by now if they wanted her, she's been available the last two editions I think. Maya Jane Coles seems the most likely out of that lot apart from POR and TOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 4:39 PM, DDave said:

New names for Frequency coming tomorrow afternoon.

🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆
 #FQ19 LINE UP PHASE 2 
🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

Neu bestätigt sind: Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, G-Eazy, Anne-Marie,  Bullet for My Valentine, Charli XCX, Kodaline, Less Than Jake, FIL BO RIVA, Alison Wonderland, Darkzy, NERVO & Slushii 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, eivomracsy said:

🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆
 #FQ19 LINE UP PHASE 2 
🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

Neu bestätigt sind: Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, G-Eazy, Anne-Marie,  Bullet for My Valentine, Charli XCX, Kodaline, Less Than Jake, FIL BO RIVA, Alison Wonderland, Darkzy, NERVO & Slushii 

Charli XCX please off that list. Good chance of getting Anne-Marie, for da kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we can pretty much rule the Offspring out. Playing Germany on the Thursday and Friday and then Frequency on the Saturday. Still possible but can't see them travelling to Hasselt and back for the Sunday when they're in the Czech Republic for gigs on the 20th/21st.

Way Out West, MS Dockville, Lowlands, Summer Sonic and Pukkelpop yet to announce first names.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt we'll get any more announcements that matter until after Xmas now. All the below names have been announced for Festivals in and around Pukkelpop. Think there's probably the biggest pool of potential main stage names we've had at this point and there's none I'd really rule out, with maybe the exception of Swedish House Mafia who are headlining Tomorrowland and the Offspring. Main stage is shaping up be a classic Pukkelpop mix of loads of shite with a smattering of decent bands but I'd certainly take the names I've put in the Marquee. Fingers crossed for the Strokes in a Strokes/Tame Impala indie combo like they did with Arcade Fire and TWOD but they'll likely be elsewhere probably. I'm still going for the Foos, TOP and Ed Sheeran for the top line and an early January first announcement.

Main

Foo Fighters, Twenty One Pilots, Ed Sheeran, The National, Tame Impala, Swedish House Mafia, The Prodigy, 30 Seconds to Mars, Chance the Rapper, Prophets of Rage, The Offspring, Good Charlotte, Rudimental, Major Lazer, Panic at the Disco! CHVRCHES, The 1975, Bastille, Martin Garrix, Post Malone, James Bay, Skunk Anansie, Deadmau5, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike

Marquee

Robyn, New Order, Suede, Foals, Father John Misty, Richard Ashcroft, Spiritualized, Of Mice and Men, Patti Smith, The Vaccines, The Specials, The Good, the Bad and the Queen, Less Than Jake, Ziggy Marley

Dance Hall

Jorja Smith, Mavi Phoenix, Juice Wrld, Chase and Status, Modeselektor, Clean Bandit, Anne-Marie, Slushii, Billy Eilish, Salvatore Ganacci, G-Eazy, Ski Mask the Slump God, Not3s

Club / Lift

Idles, Frank Turner and the Sleeping souls, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, The Amazons, Parcels, Gang of Youths, Sundara Karma, Pale Waves, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Boy Pablo, Kadjah Bonet, The Rifles, Julien Baker, Alice Phoebe Lou, FIL BO RIVA, Mitski, Psychedelic Porn Crumpets, Black Honey, Blossoms, G Flip, Pvris

Castello

Tender, Ezra Collective

Boiler

Camelphat, Alison Wonderland, Darkzy, Nervo

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...