Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

3 hours ago, arcuse said:

Tomorrowland posted they'd have another stage dedicated to Prydz for both weekends, so don't think so.

Both of those stages are listed as 'Eric Prydz presents EPIC Holosphere' so I'm interpreting that as him playing as himself, rather than Cirez D. Could go either way though but the fact they're in the area around the time has to put them in the mix. The other unknown factor to consider is what the relationship is like between Prydz and PKP? He cancelled last minute in 2016 after playing a gig in England the night before so they might have decided not to bother with him anymore?

It's also the case that DJs who play Tomorrowland aren't automatically ruled out of PKP. I've got it on good authority that they have an 'exclusive' policy in regards to DJs at PKP (that they don't play any other festivals in Belgium that summer) with the exception of Tomorrowland. Granted you can probably find a few examples if you trawl back through past line ups but aside from their headliners (which they don't really specify anyway) Tomorrowland isn't a big worry for us.

New SW4 names. Some usual PKP suspects on it. 'Afternoon headliner' is a new one on me.

The first wave of acts have been revealed for South West Four, which takes place on Clapham Common, London on the August Bank Holiday Weekend of Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th August 2019.

Lining up on the Saturday will be Martin Garrix on the Outdoor Main Stage, with a Craig David TS5 stage takeover of the Indoor Main Stage, an afternoon headliner set from Tinie Tempah, plus James Hype, Mabel, Oliver Heldens, Sigma, and Yungen.

Sunday brings The Prodigy on the Outdoor Main Stage, while the Indoor Main Stage has Chase & Status Presents Rtrn II Jungle (DJ set), an afternoon headline set from Plan B, a 'special guest' of Andy C, plus Ms Banks, T Q D, Wiley, and Wretch 32.

Edited by DDave

27 minutes ago, Semprini said:

First Lowlands names on Weds 30th Jan. According to an interview with one of the organisers on Festileaks it will include most of the headliners and subs. Looks like they're also promoting someone who's played before (but not as a headliner) to close the main stage. 

artic monkeys will be at lowlands you herad it here first

9 hours ago, DDave said:

New SW4 names. Some usual PKP suspects on it. 'Afternoon headliner' is a new one on me.

The first wave of acts have been revealed for South West Four, which takes place on Clapham Common, London on the August Bank Holiday Weekend of Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th August 2019.

Lining up on the Saturday will be Martin Garrix on the Outdoor Main Stage, with a Craig David TS5 stage takeover of the Indoor Main Stage, an afternoon headliner set from Tinie Tempah, plus James Hype, Mabel, Oliver Heldens, Sigma, and Yungen.

Sunday brings The Prodigy on the Outdoor Main Stage, while the Indoor Main Stage has Chase & Status Presents Rtrn II Jungle (DJ set), an afternoon headline set from Plan B, a 'special guest' of Andy C, plus Ms Banks, T Q D, Wiley, and Wretch 32.

They used afternoon headline set last year too

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

First Lowlands names on Weds 30th Jan. According to an interview with one of the organisers on Festileaks it will include most of the headliners and subs. Looks like they're also promoting someone who's played before (but not as a headliner) to close the main stage. 

Tame Impala or Twenty One Pilots you would have thought. Probably both.

MS Dockville first names (same weekend)

BILLIE EILISH — RIN — MEUTE — AURORA — LOYLE CARNER – MONOLINK — TWO FEET — BOY PABLO – ENO – NURA — JUJU — AHZUMJOT — SHACKE ONE — RIKAS – SKEGSS – THE CHATS — PISH — BLOND — MATIJA — KAMPF DER KÜNSTE POETRY SLAM — DEPRI DISKO —  KÖRPERFUNKKOLLEKTIV — BRITNEY BABY ONE MORE TIME

4 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

Enough possibilities to make a good line up. I hope we get the first names in February.

No reason not to. Balthazar have been announced for PDC so I'd imagine they'll be leading the Belgian names this year. Mad to think they've not sold out the Deaf Institute which is capacity of 260 but sell out the Lotto Arena which is 8000

50 minutes ago, DDave said:

No reason not to. Balthazar have been announced for PDC so I'd imagine they'll be leading the Belgian names this year. Mad to think they've not sold out the Deaf Institute which is capacity of 260 but sell out the Lotto Arena which is 8000

I really can't estimate the popularity of Balthazar outside Belgium and the Netherlands to be fair. 

13 hours ago, DDave said:

Oscar And The Wolf played 3 years ago in Madrid in a 150 people venue with really cheap tickets (15 euros or so). It was funny to see a Pukkelpop headliner playing like a small local band here.

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

Oscar And The Wolf played 3 years ago in Madrid in a 150 people venue with really cheap tickets (15 euros or so). It was funny to see a Pukkelpop headliner playing like a small local band here.

Way back in 1991, when the album '30 Something' was already turning Carter USM into a stadium-filling band in the UK who would headline Glastonbury a year later, I went to see them in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands. There were fewer than 20 people in the room, including Fruitbat, Jim Bob and the sound guy.

Great gig though...

Edited by Trufflehound
  • Upvote 1

On 28 januari 2019 at 12:21 PM, Salva said:

Battles, Zeal and Ardor, Caspian, 65 Days of Static and Daughters play ArcTanGent! Send them over please!

I also think Dave is right in predicting Eels as a Marquee headliner.

Battles ruled out, announced for Dour. PKP had them when they were really relevant but it would have been nice to see them again.  John Stranier is such a great drummer to watch!

19 hours ago, Semprini said:

New Dour names tomorrow afternoon.

Skepta really the only one I thought would be at Pukkelpop. Not really bothered about the rest. Andy C possibly ruled out but the exclusivity stuff means a lot less with the Boiler/ Room stuff so wouldn't be surprised to see him booked.

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Andy C possibly ruled out but the exclusivity stuff means a lot less with the Boiler/ Room stuff so wouldn't be surprised to see him booked.

That guy Kim we spoke to by the Booth a couple of years back told me that they don't share DJs with other Belgian festivals so looks like no Andy C again. Reckon Amelie Lens is a shoe in now Charlotte De Witte is at Dour (was probably going to happen anyway as they seem to do PKP on rotation at the moment).

Think Four Tet will headline a night in the Dance Hall as he's too big now for the Castello (and probably not big enough for the Marquee unless he plays after a 'headliner' like Moderat did a few years back?).

Really looking forward to the Lowlands announcement tomorrow as at least half to 3/4 will definitely be at PKP. Most of the names will be ones who'll play lower down the bill so be great to get a flavour of who we can expect. It's those types of bands/DJs that interest me the most so be nice to find a few hidden gems and new discoveries!

15 minutes ago, Semprini said:

That guy Kim we spoke to by the Booth a couple of years back told me that they don't share DJs with other Belgian festivals so looks like no Andy C again. Reckon Amelie Lens is a shoe in now Charlotte De Witte is at Dour (was probably going to happen anyway as they seem to do PKP on rotation at the moment).

Think Four Tet will headline a night in the Dance Hall as he's too big now for the Castello (and probably not big enough for the Marquee unless he plays after a 'headliner' like Moderat did a few years back?).

Really looking forward to the Lowlands announcement tomorrow as at least half to 3/4 will definitely be at PKP. Most of the names will be ones who'll play lower down the bill so be great to get a flavour of who we can expect. It's those types of bands/DJs that interest me the most so be nice to find a few hidden gems and new discoveries!

Maybe not lower down the bill but I think this is the year where we won't share many of the top line bands. Think they'll be announcing Tame Impala, The National and 21 Pilots tomorrow which I think we'll get as well but that maybe it. Said many times that I think they'll go for Florence and there's no Dutch date for the Cure as of yet. Think Idles and the 1975 are 2 other bands who will be announced for both. I'm sure they'll be many more lower down the bill. Giorgio Moroder is supposed to be a big rumour for Lowlands, that'll be fun!

Lowlands prediction -

Friday -  Florence & The Machine / The National

Saturday - Tame Impala / Major Lazer or Post Malone

Sunday  - The Cure /  21 Pilots

11 hours ago, Semprini said:

An exception would be Tomorrowland. Both festivals share some artists every year.

About Four Tet: isn't the Dance Hall bigger than the Marquee nowadays?