Jump to content
DDave

Pukkelpop 2019

Recommended Posts

Foo Fighters - Twenty One Pilots - The National - Tame Impala
Post Malone - Anderson .Paak - Franz Ferdinand - CHVRCHES
Prophets Of Rage - Angèle - Tom Odell - Tamino - Jorja Smith

Twenty One Pilots easily move 15/20k tickets (Paleis 12) so they'll most likely headline on their own, I think with some kind of dance/rap act behind them to close the day. Foo Fighters will close (cause I think it's the reasont they moved the festival) and I can see Tame Impala and The National co headline as TWOD and Arcade Fire did this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prophets of Rage are playing the Thursday at Frequency so there's definitely a good chance they will be there, even if they are announced for Highfield, which you'd think they'd do the next day and then on to Pukkelpop or Lowlands (or both).

 

Friday -  Good Charlotte / Mike Shinoda / Chrvches / Twenty One Pilots / Foo Fighters

Saturday -   Sigrid / Prophets of Rage / Tame Impala or Vampire Weekend  /  The National / Post Malone

Sunday - The Offspring / The 1975 / Christine & The Queens / Ed Sheeran / Die Antwoord

You'd think that they would be putting TOP headlining outright but there's a lot of bands to choose from for Summer 2019 so you never know, they may go the same as R&L and put them as a strong sub like they did with Imagine Dragons. I still think Kasabian would be a decent sub for the Foos but doubt that will happen.

Bullet for My Valentine are doing some August festivals with The Offspring and Good Charlotte so maybe them for the Marquee rock night?

Also think that Lowlands will be getting Florence as one of their headliners that we won't have.

Edited by DDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But there is no way that both Foos and Ed Sheeran are playing. We're talking about a festival that had the likes of Bastille, Oscar & The Wolf and Alt-J headlining in recent editions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

But there is no way that both Foos and Ed Sheeran are playing. We're talking about a festival that had the likes of Bastille, Oscar & The Wolf and Alt-J headlining in recent editions.

Admittedly you can probably drop some of the bigger names that I've mentioned if they do get booked but I don't see why it can't happen. Yes it was the year of the storm but they had The Foos and Eminem in the same year. I wouldn't bet against it personally (and I don't want either of them there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A day with Foo Fighters, Prophets of Rage and Offspring would be awesome, even if it is a nostalgia day to be honest. 

I don't expect to much Belgian artists at the top of the bill, since we had them last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 1:27 PM, lighthouse said:

The National is playing in Portugal one day before Pukkelpop. 🙂

Guess we can write them down then, nice headliner imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw someone asking for Oscar and the Wolf, Bazart and Yungblud. Not only really questionable, but they were also at pkp this year. 

Other hot takes are Editors and Takeshi 6ixty9ine. Some people are clueless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted my wishlist and got an email to say my music taste is "lit AF" (whatever that means) and that my Wishlist and the Lineup has a match.

Now, the only problem is I cannot 100% remember what I put!

I think it was Neil Young, The Hold Steady and Teenage Fanclub.

I'd obviously be hoping for Neil Young, but if I had to guess I would say that Teenage Fanclub would be the most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Submitted my wishlist and got an email to say my music taste is "lit AF" (whatever that means) and that my Wishlist and the Lineup has a match.

Now, the only problem is I cannot 100% remember what I put!

I think it was Neil Young, The Hold Steady and Teenage Fanclub.

I'd obviously be hoping for Neil Young, but if I had to guess I would say that Teenage Fanclub would be the most likely.

I had that email, it was for the 2018 edition (I wished for Arcade Fire)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In which case, one from Neil/Hold Steady/Teenage Fannies are playing for sure. I'm going Teenage Fannies

Also, if one of the lads can get a pass, I am probably coming to the festival again this year!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

In which case, one from Neil/Hold Steady/Teenage Fannies are playing for sure. I'm going Teenage Fannies

Also, if one of the lads can get a pass, I am probably coming to the festival again this year!

No, I mean I got the same email today and it referred to one of my choices being correct for this years edition (Arcade Fire).

And great news if you are coming! Failing an horrific line up, we'll be there again.

Edited by DDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THEA HJELMELAND / FARAO / BIG THIEF (US) / KADJHA BONET (US) added to Oya

Chance the Rapper added to Longitude in July. Bet he'll be making up for his cancellation at Pukkelpop next year (won't be at Summer Sonic as he played it this year)

Edited by DDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/30/2018 at 10:54 PM, Dietediet said:

But there is no way that both Foos and Ed Sheeran are playing. We're talking about a festival that had the likes of Bastille, Oscar & The Wolf and Alt-J headlining in recent editions.

To be totally fair, alt-J were headlining quite a lot of festivals the year they headlined and Oscar And The Wolf are big in Belgium.

But you're totally right about Bastille. I'll never understand how Pukkelpop considers Bastille to be headliner material though for two separate editions. Their 2017 set may have been one of the worst headliner sets I've seen the last decade or so.

Edited by Mau5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FAO @DDave; Foo Fighters' European summer tour seems to be sticking religiously to having days off between shows. So unless they have big bands on opening day, I think it's not happening.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

FAO @DDave; Foo Fighters' European summer tour seems to be sticking religiously to having days off between shows. So unless they have big bands on opening day, I think it's not happening.

True. Although they have done back to back dates in the States and Canada in October at so who knows. I'd be amazed if they passed up the opportunity to book em and we know that certain artists have been booked well in advance this time so still makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted I missed out on 2018 edition but there wasn't enough incentive for me to go. Kurt Vile is a RW but I'd like to see him as a crossover act for this edition.

Anyone ruled out the Prodigy at this years PKP? Drip announcing festivals at the end of July just now and have a new album out. I'd be quite happy with them as headliners to be honest. Way better than the shit that Chokri's daughter posted on her wishlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, SilverLining said:

Gutted I missed out on 2018 edition but there wasn't enough incentive for me to go. Kurt Vile is a RW but I'd like to see him as a crossover act for this edition.

Anyone ruled out the Prodigy at this years PKP? Drip announcing festivals at the end of July just now and have a new album out. I'd be quite happy with them as headliners to be honest. Way better than the shit that Chokri's daughter posted on her wishlist.

They could be at pkp, but also at Rock Werchter, Lokerse Feesten, Dour,.... plenty of possibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...