2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

Architects last UK date is the 19th, they're not announced for any UK fests but have been in Europe and the US? Assume they'll be announced for APE mid Jan though so can't see it. Could be someone completely out of the blue if its embargoed?

'My Bloody Valentine‘s Kevin Shields has said that the band will release two albums next year, having developed from a planned EP.'
Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/bloody-valentine-releasing-two-new-albums-next-year-according-kevin-shields-2389528#Uyu7QWTrOOSfviSC.99

Too big? Just a thought.

Edited by Chaarlie
save double post..

13 hours ago, Bandit Tom said:

Don Broco? Their tour starts beginning of February, but the majority of ticket sales now for it are going to be over christmas, embargo for christmas ticket sales for them - then announce when more dates are closer to selling out? 

4 hours ago, jonday81 said:

Frank Turner on tour until start of Feb but can’t imagine many more tickets will be sold for it before January as most would have got theirs already I would assume.

Surely they could wait another month then? Anyway, it'd make way more sense for both of those to be announced just after they have finished their tours for both the fest and bands.

EDIT: Then again, ATDI were announced like 2 or 3 months before their tour started and that had piss poor sales. I dunno

12 hours ago, Jericode said:

New theory: Frank Carter has no UK dates announced and is at a Dutch festival a week before, I think it'll be him on a UK exclusive.

Don't know why that would be embargoed mind, upcoming album announcement?

Oooh, what if it's whatever Creeper's next phase is if they aren't actually done? Suppose they only played this year would be a fair enough reason for it to be embargoed?

Frank has actually got a tour coming up but it looks like it's under embargo or something. May point towards to Trees but I don't see him doing a full tour in Spring/Summer then Trees on top of that in a headline slot.

2 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Architects last UK date is the 19th, they're not announced for any UK fests but have been in Europe and the US? Assume they'll be announced for APE mid Jan though so can't see it. Could be someone completely out of the blue if its embargoed?

'My Bloody Valentine‘s Kevin Shields has said that the band will release two albums next year, having developed from a planned EP.'
Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/bloody-valentine-releasing-two-new-albums-next-year-according-kevin-shields-2389528#Uyu7QWTrOOSfviSC.99

Too big? Just a thought.

I still think that Architects only date this summer will be APE and as much as I'd love it, I can't see MBV. Not because they're too but it just doesn't feel right. I don't know, would love to be proven wrong on that though.

Also, what if it is embargoed due to something like a reunion. That being said, the only one I can think of is The Mars Volta and even then that is a bit of stretch. Or maybe we're just overthinking this whole embargo thing :lol: 

Edited by justanothername

11 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Creeper won't be back so soon after their supposed farewell. Yes, I know that's a bit of a gimmick for them, but I still don't see it being that soon.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think most are suspecting theyll be rising around Easter. Y'know, like that Jesus fella.

• Like 1

Saw Fiddlehead last night and they were amazing. They said they're hoping to come back soon so would love to see them at Trees next year.

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Haven't really been keeping up with the thread much, but who are the main rumours? Really wanna get down to this next year was gutted about missing this year.

None really, more speculation and even then we don't really know. Like last week I would have guessed that IDLES were extremely likely but no chance of that happening now. Feel pretty confident that La Dispute, Foxing and Milk Teeth are going to be there though.

4 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Everyone on the DL forum reckons Deftones are doing it. Something about the guy said it’s “a big American band” and they all came to that conclusion. 

Don't think anyone on the DL forums is really convinced that Deftones are doing, seems to be more wishful thinking by them and they kind of know it. 

Although I love for it to be Deftones and I think they'd be a great fit for the festival.

I'm a bit bored so piled a list of bands playing fests relatively close to the fest (2 weeks before/after) that aren't out of the realms of possibility either. Have thrown in one or two odd balls because that's what I always do. Feel free to add if I have forgotten anyone because I probably have. Look at the fests below if you think I've missed some. I know some of these are at Download but there seems to be some cross over now so ain't a huge deal really.

As It Is (Jera on Air)
Birds In Row (Resurrection Festival)
Boston Manor (DL Madrid)
Converge (Jera On Air, Resurrection Festival)
Fever 333 (Jera on Air, DL Madrid)
Foxing (Mad Cool)
Higher Power (Resurrection)
The Hives (Essex on the Sat)
Kero Kero Bonito (wishful odd ball so ignore this plz but Bilbao BBK)
La Dispute (Mad Cool)
Milk Teeth (Mad Cool)
Mogwai (literally hanging around Europe from 6th-20th July)
Slaves (Bilbao BBK)
State Champs (Jera on Air, DL Madrid)
Sum 41 (Jera on Air, DL Madrid)
Taking Back Sunday (DL Madrid but doing a full UK tour in June so doubt it)
While She Sleeps (active in Europe through June to July)
Yonaka (Mad Cool)

Think one or two bands played last year but given that Trees doesn't mind the occasional repeat I think it's fine.

Also I don't think all are likely or don't fit the fest but included them anyway so I don't get responses saying "but what about *insert band here*". Like, The Hives and Sum 41 don't seem right for the festival for me but I know several people here will disagree and I know a few people will disagree with who I've put down. Just chucking names here that's all.

Worth pointing out that Descendents, Refused, Cancer Bats, Beartooth, Employed to Serve, Brutus, Envy, Kvelertak and Daughters (gonna point out that Daughters are actually in the 2000trees/ATG office playlist) are at Hellfest but I don't think you can count on any of them unless more dates are announced.

If you really like clutching at straws then Weezer are in Spain on the Thurs and Portugal on the Sat and Limp Bizkit are in Germany on the Thurs and Sat. Extremely not likely but not impossible either so you can keep on dreaming Weezer/Limp Bizkit fans if you want!

Speaking of the 2000trees/ATG playlist here it is. Draw some conclusions from that or something though clearly some of the bands there are geared more towards ATG than Trees so bear that in mind.

Final point, Jamie Lenman has apparently hinted that he'll be at Trees but that shouldn't surprise anyone at all ever.

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Milk Teeth are playing Trees. 

As are Nervus I'd imagine, given Em is now in both bands. Was speaking to the guy who books the bands during their set last year and he basically said "bigger stage next year" as they were on really early on the 4th stage and it was 30 people deep outside too.

4 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

As are Nervus I'd imagine, given Em is now in both bands. Was speaking to the guy who books the bands during their set last year and he basically said "bigger stage next year" as they were on really early on the 4th stage and it was 30 people deep outside too.

Is it likely too see a few bands who played the NEU this year back next year on the other stages/playing better slots?  I'd love to see any of Gold Key, Asylums, Muskets, Conjurer and a few others again.