Vampire Weekend

Mash011

They've finally finished their album and they're definitely going to be at Glastonbury next year (Pyramid sub I reckon) so I've decided we're having a Vampire Weekend thread now. Gonna start it off with a clip that shows their reinvented 'jam band' live act in all its glory.

Going to see them at EOTR in a few weeks. Can’t wait. Saw them a couple of times at Glastonbury (Hazy memories, but once on the Other, once on the Pyramid?). Cracking band. That 3rd album is massively underated, i reckon.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Going to see them at EOTR in a few weeks. Can’t wait. Saw them a couple of times at Glastonbury (Hazy memories, but once on the Other, once on the Pyramid?). Cracking band. That 3rd album is massively underated, i reckon.

Yep same, buzzing for it. Was shocked that EOTR managed to get them but it's going to be a perfect slot for them, not seen them in a headline slot before.

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Scenes when they headline APE instead of playing Glasto

I dunno, obviously we've not seen how their bookings will overlap with Glasto but they don't seem to have that much of a hard on for exclusivity do they? They let Parklife have The xx, at least. Could see them doing both, or potentially their own London gigs in 2019 and APE in 2020.

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

One of those bands I never got into. I may revisit and see if I can pick up what I missed last time

Get on Modern Vampires dude, the other two are great but that was a massive step up for them imo.

Anyway, to keep the content going, since this managed to go completely over my head when it came out here's Ezra Koenig's song for the Peter Rabbit movie. It's a kind of cute little tune that's obviously made for a kids movie but as long as you don't click onto the James Corden version (yikes) it's very nice - something to tide you over while we wait for proper Vampire Weekend material.

9 hours ago, Mardy said:

3rd album reminded a bit of the Arctic Monkeys new album...you want to like it but it's not happening.

I think they'll return though and play 3rd down Other...not sure if I'm giving them injustice there?, JP headliners is also possible.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

3rd album reminded a bit of the Arctic Monkeys new album...you want to like it but it's not happening.

I think they'll return though and play 3rd down Other...not sure if I'm giving them injustice there?, JP headliners is also possible.

Why would they go down from 3rd Pyramid to 3rd Other. Get these nonsense predictions out of my thread gazza. 

10 hours ago, Mardy said:

It got album of the year (or thereabouts) recognition in many publications but you’re possibly still right. Need to wait and see if it beats the rest in the album of the decade stakes.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It got album of the year (or thereabouts) recognition in many publications but you’re possibly still right. Need to wait and see if it beats the rest in the album of the decade stakes.

Ah, did it? I remember loads of hype and appreciation for the first album, but not so much being made of the 3rd, i guess i must have misremembered. Good record though, i dug it out yesterday off the back of this thread

14 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Yep same, buzzing for it. Was shocked that EOTR managed to get them but it's going to be a perfect slot for them, not seen them in a headline slot before.

I dunno, obviously we've not seen how their bookings will overlap with Glasto but they don't seem to have that much of a hard on for exclusivity do they? They let Parklife have The xx, at least. Could see them doing both, or potentially their own London gigs in 2019 and APE in 2020.

Get on Modern Vampires dude, the other two are great but that was a massive step up for them imo.

Anyway, to keep the content going, since this managed to go completely over my head when it came out here's Ezra Koenig's song for the Peter Rabbit movie. It's a kind of cute little tune that's obviously made for a kids movie but as long as you don't click onto the James Corden version (yikes) it's very nice - something to tide you over while we wait for proper Vampire Weekend material.

Do you only like musicians named Ezra?

Love Love Lover Vampire Weekend! Their last album (Modern Vampires) was fucking brilliant. I'll be very very happy if they play next year! I'll be going to see them on tour as well for sure. Really cant wait to hear the new stuff.... even though Batmanglij left he has still worked on the album with them so fingers crossed its another belter. 

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Totally disagree with that personally. I'm struggling with the Arctics album, it feels so contrived. Vampire's 3rd album I just couldn't stop listening to it, every song was quite different and unique. For me the Arctics is just all very samey and it never gets going.. couple of good songs but just not musically very good. 

• Upvote 1

Latest update is they had a listening party thing last night and Ezra played 4 or 5 new songs to the crowd off his phone before the band did a new one together. Nothing's leaked from it as phones were sealed away but people who were there seemed pretty buzzed about it. Must be seeing this thing pretty soon.

Edited by Mash011

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Latest update is they had a listening party thing last night and Ezra played 4 or 5 new songs to the crowd off his phone before the band did a new one together. Nothing's leaked from it as phones were sealed away but people who were there seemed pretty buzzed about it. Must be seeing this thing pretty soon.

Which songs are going where in the set pal?

• Upvote 2