Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

On 8/3/2018 at 6:15 PM, Lubic87 said:

Another way to boost your chances is to go for Thursday travel coach tickets. 5 Glasto's down and never failed. I've never done a festival on a wednesday before so don't particularly feel like I'm missing out (well, apart from Glasto 2016... but spent all day stuck on the coach in that bloody traffic, so will never speak of it again). Added bonus - you still feel fresh(ish) on the sunday.

One less day at Glasto is missing out big time :) I would go on the Tuesday if they let me in ha 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, Lubic87 said:

Another way to boost your chances is to go for Thursday travel coach tickets. 5 Glasto's down and never failed. I've never done a festival on a wednesday before so don't particularly feel like I'm missing out (well, apart from Glasto 2016... but spent all day stuck on the coach in that bloody traffic, so will never speak of it again). Added bonus - you still feel fresh(ish) on the sunday.

2016 Coach was just an experience. Me and my pal took the Edinburgh coach and could tell from the moment our coach was an hour and half late coming for us I could just feel it was not going to be smooth sailing . The original company assigned to pick us up cancelled but this new coach only took us half way and had to switch at a service station (god knows where was 5am and half asleep) and then that traffic for 9 hours. Only a small hiccup In what was amazing weekend at my first Glasto.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:06 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

In theory yes but in practice I guess it depends on the coach driver...? There was a ruling against trolleys a year or two ago that caused uproar here. In the end they couldn't enforce it but also you have to consider that there is only so much space on the coach so you shouldn't really take the piss. A couple of items each in the hold (tent, airbed, crate) seems to do it. Also bear in mind you have to be able to carry everything across the site on the other end...

There should be a ruling on trolleys to be honest. My coach last year was an absolute fucking joke. There wasn't enough space in the hold due to loads of people filling the entire holding area with trolleys. The coach was absolutely littered with bags everywhere, a huge pile of them in the walkway. Obviously it was up to the coach driver to say something, but he clearly gave no fucks. Horrible, miserable twat.

1 minute ago, James96 said:

There should be a ruling on trolleys to be honest. My coach last year was an absolute fucking joke. There wasn't enough space in the hold due to loads of people filling the entire holding area with trolleys. The coach was absolutely littered with bags everywhere, a huge pile of them in the walkway. Obviously it was up to the coach driver to say something, but he clearly gave no fucks. Horrible, miserable twat.

Yeah I'm with you tbh. I've never brought a trolley and I think part of getting a coach is taking less - it's just a sacrifice you have to make, maybe get a mate who's driving to take some crates of beer? I tend to just take spirits these days and much easier to pack and carry.

The only time I've ever taken any kind of wheeled assistance is when me and a mate took a wheelbarrow - we were driving and shuttle bus, though, rather than coach. Was 2009 and it poured down on the Sunday night, meaning we had to take it all the way back from Park to the coach station through thick mud, stopping every few steps to scape the wheels. We had to take it back as it was her mum's good metal wheelbarrow - but even then we had a fight on our hands with the steward to take it back on the bus (fair enough if you're not allowed them, but we maintained that if you're allowed to bring it out you should be able to bring it back). Never again - it was way more hassle than it was worth to bring a few cans!

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I'm with you tbh. I've never brought a trolley and I think part of getting a coach is taking less - it's just a sacrifice you have to make, maybe get a mate who's driving to take some crates of beer? I tend to just take spirits these days and much easier to pack and carry.

The only time I've ever taken any kind of wheeled assistance is when me and a mate took a wheelbarrow - we were driving and shuttle bus, though, rather than coach. Was 2009 and it poured down on the Sunday night, meaning we had to take it all the way back from Park to the coach station through thick mud, stopping every few steps to scape the wheels. We had to take it back as it was her mum's good metal wheelbarrow - but even then we had a fight on our hands with the steward to take it back on the bus (fair enough if you're not allowed them, but we maintained that if you're allowed to bring it out you should be able to bring it back). Never again - it was way more hassle than it was worth to bring a few cans!

Definitely, coach is about packing reasonably light. Or at least sacrificing your trolleys of strongbow dark fruits. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I'm considering the spirit only packing next year as looking like another coach purchase this year.

2016 Coach Me and friend improvised with large bag for lifes for crates while handy for putting in hold, was killer on hands walking to camp.
2017 I went solo with pals made in 2016 but got trains from Scotland to London and then shuttle and met them at campsite. Got trolley this time and while it was much more handier, pushing it solo wasn't great

Although this year should be a bit better, group of 5 from home planning to go so should be a bit better splitting up stuff between us.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:45 PM, Diamond24 said:

Is there a limit to the amount of luggage you can take on the coaches? 

Last year I was on one of the Bristol coaches and the driver made us prioritise bags and tents over slabs of cans in the hold, but in the end there was loads of space for everything and that coach was full. If you have a small backpack or rucksack that’ll fit on the shelf above the seats they’ll let you bring that on with you.

12 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Last year I was on one of the Bristol coaches and the driver made us prioritise bags and tents over slabs of cans in the hold, but in the end there was loads of space for everything and that coach was full. If you have a small backpack or rucksack that’ll fit on the shelf above the seats they’ll let you bring that on with you.

How long did the coach take you roughly? Will be moving to Bristol soon and tempted to get coach again to increase my success rate.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm considering a Thursday coach from Brighton this year. We're planning to leave Baby Jass with her grandparents who live just up the road in Seaford, so would be convenient in terms of dropping off and coming back.

Do you get to select times from Brighton?

As far as I know it's only London you can select times for? But could be wrong (I've never gone from anywhere else!)

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm considering a Thursday coach from Brighton this year. We're planning to leave Baby Jass with her grandparents who live just up the road in Seaford, so would be convenient in terms of dropping off and coming back.

Do you get to select times from Brighton?

Nope, that's why I went London in the end.  Brighton you get what you're given :(

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Is there anything different to know about when buying tickets overseas? Can you still get them sent to a UK address? 

Because of the way the ticket process works now, you don't need to input any address info in the October sale as it's deposit only. I believe that bit comes when you pay the balance in April. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Because of the way the ticket process works now, you don't need to input any address info in the October sale as it's deposit only. I believe that bit comes when you pay the balance in April. 

Yeah it's been so long since 2016 I can't actually remember how it works. That makes sense tho. 

Ha, yeah, I always have a slight freakout about whether my address details are up to date (especially as this year I have actually moved!), but then I remember that you don't need it for the deposit. And then I remember that I am going for a coach ticket and don't actually need it to be sent anywhere anyway. Still updated my address anyway, though...

30 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha, yeah, I always have a slight freakout about whether my address details are up to date (especially as this year I have actually moved!), but then I remember that you don't need it for the deposit. And then I remember that I am going for a coach ticket and don't actually need it to be sent anywhere anyway. Still updated my address anyway, though...

Do you pay the coach price when you put the deposit down or when you pay the balance? Been a very long time since I went by coach.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do you pay the coach price when you put the deposit down or when you pay the balance? Been a very long time since I went by coach.

Just had to check my old emails - it appears you pay the full coach price upfront (for me it was £56pp return in 2016) as well as the £50 deposit. So worth bearing in mind as well. 

• Upvote 1

Just remembered that my email address is not working anymore and have had to re register. All very efficient in Glasto towers at the moment and photo approved within 30 seconds.

New reg number, correct email and photo which looks something like me this time - I now feel ready to do battle.. 

5 hours ago, James96 said:

How long did the coach take you roughly? Will be moving to Bristol soon and tempted to get coach again to increase my success rate.

About an hour and a half I think. I think you’d be mad not to try the coach sale. 2 attempts instead of one, more chance of getting a ticket

Edited by Madyaker

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It looks terrible. Like the festival bit from the latest Bridget Jones film stretched out and without the subtlety.

Of course it looks shit but think about who goes to watch that pile of shit then get notions of getting a ticket.