Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

cant remember ... think I had a practise run with buses ....setup hasn't failed me in 14 festivals .... touch wood for october though ... think i might be tempting fate with that last statement ... Ive had some help from people on here ... and resales and mini resales and competitions .... persistence is key ... with a large dose of luck in the mix 

I think your somerset IP address has helped you out :D 14 without fail haha 

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I manually refresh one and let the others do there own thing ... I can keep the others without the focus coming off but all tabs are visible so apart from a few seconds getting them firing at the beginning it doesn't really slow me down ... and so far it seems to have worked :) 

So you F5 one and let the others do their 20 second auto refresh? 

38 minutes ago, Havors said:

I think your somerset IP address has helped you out :D 14 without fail haha 

maybe although I do lots of prep like dry runs putting the reg numbers in on coach day and shortcuts on the mac enabling the boxes to autofill .. I need this as I have the major shakes when it gets through .... not quite 100% as one year someone got them for me on here .. and then I got through , but my friends all try from somerset IPs and they dont seem to have my ticket buying luck or persistence . Winning Tickets one year in the western Daily press was a godsend as that year I had totally given up ... and also the same competition gave me a chance to buy them one year ... so with draws and competitions im also quite lucky ( having Michaels direct number also helps :) ) 

42 minutes ago, Havors said:

So you F5 one and let the others do their 20 second auto refresh? 

yep thats it exactly sometimes have efests running too to see if there is anyone offering to help having got there own 

On 8/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

If I'm at home, I'll likely have my laptop on wi-fi, my phone on 4G and try to manually refresh both (all the while praying it's not my phone that gets through as I fear copying and pasting the info will be well fiddly)

Although I have a Word document open on the laptop with all the details for copying and pasting, I wouldn't even attempt it on the phone! I also print a copy of the details off. I got through on the phone last year and had my better half read the details out to me while I tapped them in, repeating the numbers back to her as I did. It's a case of swift but steady. I was relieved to see the booking complete page!! :D I don't think I would have had a chance trying to copy and paste on a phone...I struggle to send texts without typos!!

5 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

Although I have a Word document open on the laptop with all the details for copying and pasting, I wouldn't even attempt it on the phone! I also print a copy of the details off. I got through on the phone last year and had my better half read the details out to me while I tapped them in, repeating the numbers back to her as I did. It's a case of swift but steady. I was relieved to see the booking complete page!! :D I don't think I would have had a chance trying to copy and paste on a phone...I struggle to send texts without typos!!

Yeah, fair enough. I think I would probably be better typing too. As I say, I just really hope it isn't the phone that gets through...

Isn't there a thing though (this might be bollocks) where if you get through on one device, you suddenly get through on all the others too? I might be talking out of my arse...

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Isn't there a thing though (this might be bollocks) where if you get through on one device, you suddenly get through on all the others too? I might be talking out of my arse...

that defo happens when the tickets sell out - but it's because all the devices get the new page that says sold out.

Just now, eFestivals said:

that defo happens when the tickets sell out - but it's because all the devices get the new page that says sold out.

That might be what I was thinking of... know that horrible feeling well! :( Also the denial phase where you keep refreshing anyway, just in case something falls through at the last minute!

34 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes, this has happened while the sale is still live, but only with devices on the same network. Wouldn't expect you get through on 4g on the phone, then suddenly find you get booking screens up on your laptops, PCs etc. Could happen, but it would be pure coincidence.

Edited by Pear_Cider

9 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

Yes, this has happened while the sale is still live, but only with devices on the same network. Wouldn't expect you get through on 4g on the phone, then suddenly find you get booking screens up on your laptops, PCs etc. Could happen, but it would be pure coincidence.

Okey doke, thanks for clarifying!

On 7/31/2018 at 9:34 AM, Havors said:

Seeing the signatures rubbing it in that they have been to every Glasto for the past 20 years is also hard... How?? I mean really? How?? haha jammy sods! 

bloody hard, and the fear that 'this' year, will be the one, when the luck finally runs out, just gets greater everytime!

On 7/31/2018 at 1:50 PM, Quark said:
  • Don't get smashed on Saturday night.  If getting a ticket is important you can cope for a night without booze. 
  • Complete focus. If you've got kids, other half, mates etc, lock them out.  You don't have time to be distracted. If people are trying to help, they need to be drilled to perfection or they'll get in the way. Think Full Metal Jacket. Mrs Q knows the deal and leaves me to it. EDIT - and pets.  Given the havoc my cats can wreak on a conference call I don't want the little gits anywhere near me.
  • Get setup beforehand.  I want all devices on the ticket page a good 10 minutes before zero hour. Rushing is not your friend. Power supplies plugged in, batteries charged and all that jazz.
  • Reg numbers and postcodes either ready to copy and paste, and a copy pinned to the wall in front of you. And have your card number ready in big print as well. Getting to the ticket screen is only half the battle; no point getting through if you're then dicking about trying to remember which jeans your wallet is in.
  • If you're in a group, have a whatsapp chat going but keep chat limited to success only so you're not trying to double up.  Can't be doing with "I'm going nuts here LOL" flashing up while I'm trying to enter a reg number. If they can't control themselves, get better friends.
  • Multiple devices across a mix of LAN, WiFi and 4G, but no more than you can handle. I work on the basis that I need to be able to see all screens in peripheral vision in case one strikes lucky.
  • Line devices up so you can hit refresh, move to the next, refresh, move to the next etc. About 5-10 seconds to get through the cycle and return to first device.
  • Sat in the middle on a swivel chair like Captain James T. Kirk is a good way to go.

Job done.

plus 1

all of it. we are clearly at one........

11 hours ago, smudger said:

bloody hard, and the fear that 'this' year, will be the one, when the luck finally runs out, just gets greater everytime!

Haha never thought of it like that.... ouch imagine going like 15 years on the bounce and then failing to get a ticket... most of us are used to failing haha big slap in the face ha

I think that by and large the people on here (or at least the regulars) are the ones who do as much as possible to maximise chances on T-Day, so the hit rate's a bit better than your casual "might try for a ticket" types.

But yeah, luck as well

Just now, Quark said:

I think that by and large the people on here (or at least the regulars) are the ones who do as much as possible to maximise chances on T-Day, so the hit rate's a bit better than your casual "might try for a ticket" types.

But yeah, luck as well

True, but there really is only so much you can do. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also (and this will be a controversial view) I think all veterans should have at least one taste of the long wait for the resale... it's character building and you appreciate it all the more when you get that golden ticket. 

I think that's a fair point.

So long as it's not me :D