NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

On 3/1/2019 at 9:49 PM, festivalguy97 said:

If you guys don´t like Nos Alive´s lineup, check Super Bock Super Rock festival, it´s next to the see and beach, one week later than Nos Alive, the undercard is very good and The Strokes are rumoured to play there 

At this rate I don't even recall that The Strokes playing in Portugal is a possibility tbh

Today a guy from crystal fighters liked my tweet asking about nos alive, I tweeted it 3 months ago so hes gone back to it, think they're gonna be there, they've teased glasto recently too so v likely (I know I've mentioned crystal fighters before but this is a new development) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Today a guy from crystal fighters liked my tweet asking about nos alive, I tweeted it 3 months ago so hes gone back to it, think they're gonna be there, they've teased glasto recently too so v likely (I know I've mentioned crystal fighters before but this is a new development) 

Woooow I was about to take my ticket for theur show in Paris 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Black Keys (01) and Florence (07) match the Mad Cool hints. Maybe NOS have Tame Impala instead of Florence, plus Foals, and they're your missing acts?

PLEEEEEEEEEASE! Not gonna lie, TBK aren't exactly the best name ever but DAMN it feels good to have at least an idea of what to expect, finally. 

Edit: now that I think of it, I truly prefer TBK over The Strokes, but that's just me

1 hour ago, Homer said:

What’s the info?

...unfortunately none, I just think that they'd be missing on a huge opportunity to not book those two! There's slots for them and Foals have a huge july gap

Edited by young_contra

Definitely, a garage rock's revival night with The Black Keys and The Raconteurs could be enjoyable :) But need a bigger headliner... At this point, I think the very best we could get would be Coldplay and The Black Keys, but I think we'll get The Black Keys and Florence + The Machine in the end. 

Just now, Tremousse said:

Definitely, a garage rock's revival night with The Black Keys and The Raconteurs could be enjoyable :) But need a bigger headliner... At this point, I think the very best we could get would be Coldplay and The Black Keys, but I think we'll get The Black Keys and Florence + The Machine in the end. 

I think that we won't get a bigger headliner per say. I'd look at them as a bonus to Foals and Tame Impala

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

I think that we won't get a bigger headliner per say. I'd look at them as a bonus to Foals and Tame Impala

I want to see Foals closing a night at NOS Alive, a bit like TDCC last year, same time... Tge kind of acts we need, I mean, wild acts 

4 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

But need entertaining bands like Crystal Fighters or The Cat Empire or whatever cause TBK don't speak too much.. 

In my eyes, Foals put on a bigger and better act, one that's headliner worthy, than TBK and Tame Impala. So if they're confirmed you''re bound to have a banger performance. Tame Impala aren't the most proactive musicians on stage but the songs are recognizable, dance-y and the crowd WILL react accordingly so there's also fun to be had. TBK won't be as entertaining as those two, surely, but it still is a good name even if you think under the philosophy of "I'll take what I can get".
This, of course... is if we even get both foals and tame impala

Edit: btw check Foals' setlist from yesterday. Would love it here

image.png.16184a4e807232e7050513624251efd3.png

Edited by young_contra

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd rather bands play tunes than spend the set speaking, to be honest. Give me a band with a load of bangers to rattle through rather than loads of "banter". It's a big summer party - let's dance!

I completely agree but The Black Keys at Glastonbury 2014 had neither, they seemed really bored and I think they even finished 10-15 minutes early. They'd be a fairly strong booking though when combined with Tame Impala or Florence. I've been expecting Foals to play before The Cure but I like the suggestion above of them closing a night.

Edited by kingcrawler