All Points East Festival 2019

3 minutes ago, wonker said:

Wow, that would be awful.

Efest or anyone else - do you have any idea how much you would pay the acts for a gig like this? I'm just curious.

Do you mean how much would people be willing to pay? Or how much do they normally charge?

If it's how much do they cost to see at headline shows it would be something like (for the big names)

BMTH - £30-40, Idles - £20, RTJ - £25-30 no idea on the others from that day

C&TQ - £30, James Blake - £35, Yves Tumor - £15, Metronomy - £20

So the value is there for sure.

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Do you mean how much would people be willing to pay? Or how much do they normally charge?

If it's how much do they cost to see at headline shows it would be something like (for the big names)

Ahh sorry no, I meant the talent is paid to perform out of curiosity.

14 minutes ago, festivalsaregood said:

Christine and the Queens and BMTH have both sold in the region of 4k, or so I've heard. Looking forward to no queues at the bar!

Is that sold figure including the cheap/given away tixs? Hopefully there will still be no queues at the bar with the free tix holders being too cheap to buy from the bar.

Just now, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I wouldn't compare a 30 min Idles or a 45min RTJ set at All Points East as the same value as their own show myself.

I've messaged both All Points East and AXS and received absolutely nothing back so hopefully I can find an answer here! The QR code that comes up on the app will get me in right? Because I haven't been sent a physical ticket or e-ticket so I've just assumed that to be right, bloody hope so now

34 minutes ago, wonker said:

Wow, that would be awful.

Efest or anyone else - do you have any idea how much you would pay the acts for a gig like this? I'm just curious.

This was leaked from a booking agent a few years ago so it's out of date but it gives you a rough idea much it costs to book bands. I do laugh at (not)Sublime costing the same as Arcade Fire. 

Related image

11 minutes ago, jump said:

This was leaked from a booking agent a few years ago so it's out of date but it gives you a rough idea much it costs to book bands. I do laugh at (not)Sublime costing the same as Arcade Fire. 

Related image

Have a feeling Ed Sheeran costs a bit more nowadays

Quite interesting though

29 minutes ago, AlexMacca said:

I've messaged both All Points East and AXS and received absolutely nothing back so hopefully I can find an answer here! The QR code that comes up on the app will get me in right? Because I haven't been sent a physical ticket or e-ticket so I've just assumed that to be right, bloody hope so now

Yeah mate, they just scan it on the gate :) just turn the brightness up

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

at those numbers at this point it would be cheaper to go ahead, give away shit loads of tickets and hope people having those drives a few more sales.

Could be a weird atmosphere with so many being given away

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

at those numbers at this point it would be cheaper to go ahead, give away shit loads of tickets and hope people having those drives a few more sales.

I've not sure myself but I'm assuming it is past the point you can cancel acts without paying compensation to them and the fees associated with the site are shared with the other days so you wouldn't save that much?

5 minutes ago, AlexMacca said:

Ahhhh thought as much but thought I'd double check! Cheers

No worries!  Dice occasionally send tickets for some shows but more often than not it's just the QR code.  I think the app is programmed so it automatically turns the brightness up when you open it too?  Either way, have a good one! 

• Upvote 1