Jump to content
Chawk

Green Man Festival 2018

Recommended Posts

Just now, Fearless_Fish said:

Never been before - it's my Glasto replacement festival this year. Always looks lovely from what I've seen of it and I'm starting to get excited now. Camping trip this weekend to inspect the tent!

Snap! Does look a lovely little fest, hope it makes a decent substitute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rug568 said:

just checked last year i got the email on the 4th of August. I think last year they were an organiser down so it was a bit later than usual. 

However it does depend on when you applied, because i think they give early birds first pick of the shifts. 

Thanks mate. 4th of August is cool. 

I didn't apply until April so doubt I'll be getting any choices then. Hope the Green Man Gods are kind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Snap! Does look a lovely little fest, hope it makes a decent substitute. 

I went to both last year and Green Man felt very 'easy'. You can just about stand wherever you like and nowhere is very far away....Chai Wallah's was a great early evening venue with some quality performances. It will rain though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for the info! Shame to not get the stage times ahead of time, but never mind. How much is the guide usually?

I think it was £7 last year if memory serves. It is a lovely publication though, and includes all of the beers and ciders on offer as well. 

In terms of clashfinder updating, I'm not sure to be honest. Could be working from nuggets of info from band's twitter or something and then shifting things accordingly. 

Edited by imamazed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I went to both last year and Green Man felt very 'easy'. You can just about stand wherever you like and nowhere is very far away....Chai Wallah's was a great early evening venue with some quality performances. It will rain though.

Yes, I've been warned about the rain! Otherwise this sounds perfect, an easy festival is what I'm after.

And these may be famous last words, but after a month-long heatwave in London, a bit of rain seems less of a disaster than it normally would... I may well live to regret saying that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, imamazed said:

I think it was £7 last year if memory serves. It is a lovely publication though, and includes all of the beers and ciders of offer as well. 

In terms of clashfinder updating, I'm not sure to be honest. Could be working from nuggets of info from band's twitter or something and then shifting things accordingly. 

Ah not too bad - I've been to fests where they charge £15 before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I went to both last year and Green Man felt very 'easy'. You can just about stand wherever you like and nowhere is very far away....Chai Wallah's was a great early evening venue with some quality performances. It will rain though.

I don't like it when it rains.

1 minute ago, imamazed said:

I think it was £7 last year if memory serves. It is a lovely publication though, and includes all of the beers and ciders of offer as well. 

In terms of clashfinder updating, I'm not sure to be honest. Could be working from nuggets of info from band's twitter or something and then shifting things accordingly. 

Ah of course, I forgot people go to that level for info on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Why's the clashfinder updating though? Is it based on new info? Or is someone just slow refining it over time..?

I’ve kept a play-by-play account on the landing page. Most recent edits have been mending Sunday as it has fewer acts than recent years and also adding the Rising order, which I only noticed was out not long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Thanks mate. 4th of August is cool. 

I didn't apply until April so doubt I'll be getting any choices then. Hope the Green Man Gods are kind!

As it happens I got my email last night! I applied in January this year,  but last year I applied in June and got second choice and still had a lot of choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rug568 said:

As it happens I got my email last night! I applied in January this year,  but last year I applied in June and got second choice and still had a lot of choice. 

Oh nice! How are your shifts looking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty good, on shift E. Would have gone for shift A but don't want to miss Teleman or John grant on Saturday evening 

 

Here are the shifts btw: 

Shift A Thursday 0700-1300 Friday 1300-1900 Saturday 1900-0100
Meals Thursday Dinner Friday Breakfast Saturday Lunch
Shift B Thursday 1300-1900 Friday 1900-0100 Sunday 0100-0700
Meals Thursday Breakfast Friday Lunch Sunday Breakfast
Shift C Thursday 1900-0100 Saturday 0100-0700 Sunday 0700-1300
Meals Thursday Lunch Saturday Breakfast Sunday Dinner
Shift D Friday 0100-0700 Saturday 0700-1300 Sunday 1300-1900
Meals Friday Breakfast Saturday Dinner Sunday Breakfast
Shift E Friday 0700-1300 Saturday 1300-1900 Sunday 1900-0100
Meals Friday Dinner Saturday Breakfast Sunday Lunch
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rug568 said:

pretty good, on shift E. Would have gone for shift A but don't want to miss Teleman or John grant on Saturday evening 

 

Here are the shifts btw: 

Shift A Thursday 0700-1300 Friday 1300-1900 Saturday 1900-0100
Meals Thursday Dinner Friday Breakfast Saturday Lunch
Shift B Thursday 1300-1900 Friday 1900-0100 Sunday 0100-0700
Meals Thursday Breakfast Friday Lunch Sunday Breakfast
Shift C Thursday 1900-0100 Saturday 0100-0700 Sunday 0700-1300
Meals Thursday Lunch Saturday Breakfast Sunday Dinner
Shift D Friday 0100-0700 Saturday 0700-1300 Sunday 1300-1900
Meals Friday Breakfast Saturday Dinner Sunday Breakfast
Shift E Friday 0700-1300 Saturday 1300-1900 Sunday 1900-0100
Meals Friday Dinner Saturday Breakfast Sunday Lunch

Lol you've picked the one I will be 100% trying to avoid due to The War On Drugs playing Sunday night so cheers for that. :lol:

Shift A looks ideal for me, but I imagine A and E will be the first to go due to no night shifts so I'm not hopeful. Cheers for sending that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Lol you've picked the one I will be 100% trying to avoid due to The War On Drugs playing Sunday night so cheers for that. :lol:

Shift A looks ideal for me, but I imagine A and E will be the first to go due to no night shifts so I'm not hopeful. Cheers for sending that!

night shifts stewarding at green man are a real killer as literally nothing happens and you just sit in the cold and stare into space. 

No worries, already seen war on drugs this year so wasn't that bothered. I know they're a bit unfashionable on here but really looking forward to fleet foxes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rug568 said:

night shifts stewarding at green man are a real killer as literally nothing happens and you just sit in the cold and stare into space. 

No worries, already seen war on drugs this year so wasn't that bothered. I know they're a bit unfashionable on here but really looking forward to fleet foxes 

I've got my mate on board for shift A now so fingers crossed. We've got D as a backup option. Really really want to avoid C as I'd rather not go at all than work those shifts, you'd only be able to fully enjoy Sunday night and there's a good chance you'd be knackered by that point.

Ahh that makes sense then if you've only just seen them. Yeah Fleet Foxes aren't my thing but I thought they had pretty good cred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, Odessa said:

Apologies if I've asked this before, but please can someone tell me when they usually let volunteers know when their shifts are gonna be? Is it in advance of the festival or when you get there? I was hoping to have them by now so I could book specific trains for less than an open return would cost. Cheers.

They've just started allocating :)

https://www.facebook.com/greenmansteward/posts/10160451993880262

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×