Football 17/18

TheGayTent

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's what the head of la liga has already said, so zahid has said. 

If he's lied to us here, you'll have to take it up with him.  :)

http://www.football365.com/news/will-spanish-football-ever-be-the-same-again

This is were i got it from. TBF, it says (and i agree) that they woukd realistically find a way to keep the catalonian teams in la liga for moneys sake

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

http://www.football365.com/news/will-spanish-football-ever-be-the-same-again

This is were i got it from. TBF, it says (and i agree) that they woukd realistically find a way to keep the catalonian teams in la liga for moneys sake

oh, so you told a porkie. :lol:

Meanwhile, the likes of LJS knows all about the bitter, but suddenly that and principles count for nothing and it's all about the money. 

In a situation like this, I can't see it .... tho the situation has to finish playing out yet, which it might not do as the Catalan govt want it to. They're currently in bottle-ville, cos their plan of having their own people beaten up hasn't worked quite how they'd hoped. Let's see how their begging goes.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

oh, so you told a porkie. :lol:

Meanwhile, the likes of LJS knows all about the bitter, but suddenly that and principles count for nothing and it's all about the money. 

In a situation like this, I can't see it .... tho the situation has to finish playing out yet, which it might not do as the Catalan govt want it to. They're currently in bottle-ville, cos their plan of having their own people beaten up hasn't worked quite how they'd hoped. Let's see how their begging goes.

No. He said it, which is factual. Whether he meant it or will follow through is speculation of course.

Just now, zahidf said:

No. He said it, which is factual. Whether he meant it or will follow through is speculation of course.

it's all speculation that depends entirely on what Catalonia try to do and that happens around that.

But I guarantee, if the Catalonia govt are what they say of themselves, barca won't be in la liga.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it's all speculation that depends entirely on what Catalonia try to do and that happens around that.

But I guarantee, if the Catalonia govt are what they say of themselves, barca won't be in la liga.

The govt and the football club arent one and the same. And i assume the catalan's would want good relations with their neighbours.

Just now, zahidf said:

The govt and the football club arent one and the same.

but the govt does set the context that the other exists within - and barca have already given their full and unconditional backing to that govt.

Just now, zahidf said:

And i assume the catalan's would want good relations with their neighbours.

OMFG, you pay attention to nothing at all, do you? :lol:

I won't drag it into this thread, but I do suggest you get some sources which aren't twitter - or even, actually read and think about what you're reading on twitter.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but the govt does set the context that the other exists within - and barca have already given their full and unconditional backing to that govt.

OMFG, you pay attention to nothing at all, do you? :lol:

I won't drag it into this thread, but I do suggest you get some sources which aren't twitter - or even, actually read and think about what you're reading on twitter.

Barca have not supported independence per se, but support the right for a referendum. Some players, like Pique, are openly supportive of indie.

Obviously good relations are unlilely at this point in time, but depending on how both parties act and how it pans out, and with changes in govt e.t.c. La liga os important economically and culturally, so id be surprised if they sort something out footie wise

52 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You're getting a bit confused, Neil.

It's not about my principles (or lack of them :) )

As I've said before I have no view at all on where Barcelona should play their football if Catalonia Indy becomes a thing.

I'm merely giving my view of the likely outcome and in reaching that view, I have assumed that, as is usually the case, those who run football will put money before principle.

I might be wrong. You might be right.

But then that's the difference between you and me. I'm wrong sometimes. You're never wrong.

28 minutes ago, LJS said:

I might be wrong. You might be right.

But then that's the difference between you and me. I'm wrong sometimes. You're never wrong.

I'm often wrong but don't create a lie to hide behind. You're often inconsistent, and fail to realise it.

For indy - anywhere - principle for you is everything that can't be swayed by money ... unless it's to the advantage of the indymentalalists, and then it's common sense that the opponent will back down and hand the gold to those who say they're c**ts.

Catalonia have created a certain conflict in order to claim Spain is controlled by Francophiles, to create the false justification for leaving. The Spanish collective isn't impressed by the real Francophiles calling them fascists, and within the context of today's Spain that's almost impossible to do a reversal on with "let's be friends (after we've knifed you in the back)".

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'm often wrong but don't create a lie to hide behind. You're often inconsistent, and fail to realise it.

For indy - anywhere - principle for you is everything that can't be swayed by money ... unless it's to the advantage of the indymentalalists, and then it's common sense that the opponent will back down and hand the gold to those who say they're c**ts.

Catalonia have created a certain conflict in order to claim Spain is controlled by Francophiles, to create the false justification for leaving. The Spanish collective isn't impressed by the real Francophiles calling them fascists, and within the context of today's Spain that's almost impossible to do a reversal on with "let's be friends (after we've knifed you in the back)".

Football still cares more about money!

In my very humble opinion.

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

LJS or Comfy are you familiar with a player Scott Boden who played for Inverness last season? We brought him in to be our main forward and are one of the worst scoring (thankfully one of the best defensive) teams in the league. I fear our run of bringing in duds from the Scottish leagues has continued!

Never heard of him mate but I think they got relegated last year after not scoring a lot of goals so I fear you may be right.

Feels like a big game night up here. Good luck England also !

6 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Never heard of him mate but I think they got relegated last year after not scoring a lot of goals so I fear you may be right.

Feels like a big game night up here. Good luck England also !

I can't help either. I think Inverness's problem was more about conceding too many rather than not scoring enough.

I'd still imagine he is shite though.

You at hampden the night, comfy?

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

That was a very entertaining Scotland game. I thought it wasn't going to be their day. It's also a good result for Wales and Ireland as it reduces the potential runner up total from that group.

Entertaining is one word for it.

Nerve shredding is another...except that's 2 words.

20 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yes. Great scenes. Slovakia were nowhere near as good as I was expecting.

nice to hang on to a late winner :-)

Indeed, I was there too. Funny I never saw you.

glad I didn't bother with the England match last night.

Still, we're going to Russia ... where we'll be on the first flight home. :P

Actually, maybe not. We've qualified easily which normally means we do badly in the finals, but we've played shit which normally means we do OK in the finals.

But if I had to bet right now: we won't get out of the groups.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

glad I didn't bother with the England match last night.

Still, we're going to Russia ... where we'll be on the first flight home. :P

Actually, maybe not. We've qualified easily which normally means we do badly in the finals, but we've played shit which normally means we do OK in the finals.

But if I had to bet right now: we won't get out of the groups.

Depends on the group, but if we are ok injury wise, i reckon last 16.

Undefeated in 39 qualifying games☺

Edited by zahidf

49 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Depends on the group, but if we are ok injury wise, i reckon last 16.

Undefeated in 39 qualifying games☺

Agreed. Kane's goals should get you out the Group. Are England 2nd seeds for these things ?

That qualifying unbeaten record is incredible.

Can't see the other clubs voting for Barcelona entering the premier league.

One of the arguments with Celtic and Rangers was starting lower down the leagues, perhaps they could do that.

I would imagine if they did leave spain (don't think it will happen) then France is the most likely destination. 

24 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would imagine if they did leave spain (don't think it will happen) then France is the most likely destination. 

It's the most-common-sense alternative, tho there's some large cans of worms that open in France if that were to happen, and I could see the French govt doing everything it possibly could do to try and stop it.

Basically, any state that cosies up to an indy Catalonia is signing its own death warrant as that state - and very probably of the EU too. When the tail is wagging the dog the dog is no longer in charge.