Football 17/18

TheGayTent

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They did better than Liverpool when they went there.

Hmmm. Surely it didn't pass you by that it wasn't the same team last night precisely because of Liverpool? :P

I think B.City did very well and they deserve plaudits for their performance, but that doesn't mean I have to go along with what I reckon is an overstatement by Pep.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. Surely it didn't pass you by that it wasn't the same team last night precisely because of Liverpool? :P

I think B.City did very well and they deserve plaudits for their performance, but that doesn't mean I have to go along with what I reckon is an overstatement by Pep.

I know, I was being flippant.

They did manage to keep 11 on the pitch though...

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

got to say I'm surprised. Set's a bit of a dangerous precedent.

As I said a second ago, I think the FA are relieved that it wasn't a more high-profile player involved and it hasn't snowballed into a bigger story which might have forced a decision. The press have pretty much shrugged it off allowing the FA to do nothing and nobody will care.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Set's a bit of a dangerous precedent.

On a similar subject the times is saying Holgate is now being investigated for homophobic tweets he made when he wasn't a pro football player and still a school kid.

Queue all football fans going through their rivals players twitter history with a fine-tooth comb

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As I said a second ago, I think the FA are relieved that it wasn't a more high-profile player involved and it hasn't snowballed into a bigger story which might have forced a decision. The press have pretty much shrugged it off allowing the FA to do nothing and nobody will care.

true i suppose but it won't have passed players by, and when something similar happens again they'll claim provokation and cite what happened here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy in isolation for Livermore to go unpunished, but it opens a can or worms for the future.

2 hours ago, lost said:

On a similar subject the times is saying Holgate is now being investigated for homophobic tweets he made when he wasn't a pro football player and still a school kid.

Queue all football fans going through their rivals players twitter history with a fine-tooth comb

He was only 16 wasn’t he?