Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Plus no Bjork at PS Porto as she is playing Paredes de Coura.

Nick Cave and Beck shared headliners - two others that are not? 

This might be a bit sketchy but what about Gorillaz being exclusive to PS Porto? They could make it on the 7th of June. I find it hard to believe that they aren't coming to Portugal when they're playing in Spain 2 times. NOS Alive doesn't sound likely for them, the only available day would be the 12th and I can't see Gorillaz and Arctic Monkeys playing the same day, only Super Bock Super Rock (which is after NOS Alive, they'll be playing at Bilbao BBK which takes place during Alive's days). 

image.png.ded9df6eddc98705cb1f6a96310258c7.png

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

This might be a bit sketchy but what about Gorillaz being exclusive to PS Porto? They could make it on the 7th of June. I find it hard to believe that they aren't coming to Portugal when they're playing in Spain 2 times. NOS Alive doesn't sound likely for them, the only available day would be the 12th and I can't see Gorillaz and Arctic Monkeys playing the same day, only Super Bock Super Rock (which is after NOS Alive, they'll be playing at Bilbao BBK which takes place during Alive's days). 

It's definitely possible, assuming as you say they can't make NOS Alive.

5 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Gabi said he didn't like the album and personally, I don't think they are Primavera material anymore. I think they might play Super Bock Super Rock.

I still feel that AM at primavera is miles out of their usual scheduling style. They make a habit of not booking the british lad bands. I know they aren't really that now but they still have that element and it will bring a crowd with some of that style. It just doesnt seem very primavera at all to me. I also think they will get a fair bitt of backlash if that is what has held back the lineup announcement. The rest of the lineup will have to be very strong indeed.

Edited by Memory Man

So far, I'm counting at least four different European festivals who will add a headliner to their poster:

Open'er, on the first weekend of July

Oya + Flow, on August

Primavera Sound,  on the first weekend of June

Meanwhile, Roskilde haven't announced anything in January and sound like they are sitting on something they can't share yet.

Even without speculating on Arctic Monkeys, it sounds like something big is happening in 6 days.

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

I still feel that AM at primavera is miles out of their usual scheduling style. They make a habit of not booking the british lad bands. I know they aren't really that now but they still have that element and it will bring a crowd with some of that style. It just doesnt seem very primavera at all to me. I also think they will get a fair bitt of backlash if that is what has held back the lineup announcement. The rest of the lineup will have to be very strong indeed.

AM has an appeal to Primavera Sound, as we heavily discussed before. The rest of the lineup is expected to be very strong, the same as always.

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

So far, I'm counting at least four different European festivals who will add a headliner to their poster:

Open'er, on the first weekend of July

Oya + Flow, on August

Primavera Sound,  on the first weekend of June

Meanwhile, Roskilde haven't announced anything in January and sound like they are sitting on something they can't share yet.

Even without speculating on Arctic Monkeys, it sounds like something big is happening in 6 days.

you’re also forgetting werchter and mad cool