Primavera 2018

Runnerups

44 minutes ago, jonnyx said:

I know you're a fanboy, but this is giving me the giggles.

The date of this post must be 2005(ish). Its time travel.

It's generally among a slightly younger crowd, but I can genuinely say I haven't seen more hype surrounding a bands return in a long, long time (within that demographic). 

23 minutes ago, DeanSweet said:

For anyone who was on 2017 forum (or followed speculation before) - do the rumours tend to be pretty accurate for the line-up?

Headliner-wise or throughout the poster?

2017 wasn't an indication, because they surprised pretty much everyone with the early poster. Many tours and festivals weren't announced at the time. 

There will be plenty of surprises, I'm sure, but it's going to be pretty accurate.

25 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

It's generally among a slightly younger crowd, but I can genuinely say I haven't seen more hype surrounding a bands return in a long, long time (within that demographic). 

I wasn't even a fan of their last album but it was massive and with the new one they could potentially overtake Coldplay as the biggest (modernish) band in the world  (well at least in the UK and America)

Edited by addicted2noise

9 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I wasn't even a fan of their last album but it was massive and with the new one they could potentially overtake Coldplay as the biggest (modernish) band in the world  (well at least in the UK and America)

More popular in EU/UK than the US, I think.

People are incredibly hyped because they went into hiatus as they peaked, and they never had more than 2 years off between albums. They took 4 right after their biggest one. Hell, it might take 5 years.

12 hours ago, Orens said:

No, the rollout should start then. expect it on 10AM on Monday, makes sense considering the 2016/2017 announcements.

Last year they put a 12 hour countdown on 10pm UK time, but we had no clue what date it's going to be. Now we know and Primavera doesn't like to do the same thing twice, so perhaps we should expect something else.

So a few acts will be announced tonight before the full poster announcement tomorrow morning?

On 1/27/2018 at 2:46 PM, alansdeepbath said:

Spoke to my Arctic Monkeys related friend again

Apparently they're announcing Glasgow, Barca, "somewhere in Poland" and Porto Monday. Maybe one more. Doesn't sound like Mad Cool is happening

Mad Cool haven't teased today as they usually do the day before announcing acts. Seems like the bassist's brother was right after all...

35 minutes ago, Orens said:

More popular in EU/UK than the US, I think.

People are incredibly hyped because they went into hiatus as they peaked, and they never had more than 2 years off between albums. They took 4 right after their biggest one. Hell, it might take 5 years.

Yeah it will be nearly 5 years since their last album and 4 since their last tour, it's a very long time to take a break in hindsight.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'd be more excited if they bring back the free Smint hats than by AM playing.

I've never been a great AM fan. I liked their first two albums, nothing transcendental, and didn't find interesting their more recent works. So I don't really care if they are playing or not, except that if they are, there won't be another headliner that I might like more, in their place

What about Hip Hop & R&B? Kanye, Childish Gambino, Anderson Paak, Chance The Rapper? I know there have been talks about all of these and most of them are ruled out but who knows.

Anyway if Migos are really confirmed, they´re huge now, T shirt and Bad and Boujee are nr1 songs on all charts so maybe they´re getting headliner spot or second line spot.

If they do this will be most commercial lineup ever from PS, I mean Arctic Monkeys and Migos, strange 

I've just bought the ticket with the "i could always resell it later" thought, but, hey, now that i have it - I'M TOTALLY GOING, WHOOO!

It will be my first Primavera ever, so two quick questions: how safe is it for a female going alone? is it very hard to get to the very front for your favorite band?

I'm a huge fan of Bjork, Beck, Nick Cave and Father John Misty, so if the rumors are true, it's gonna be my dream line-up <3 do you think Richard Dawson is possible for this year?

sorry for my rather chaotic post, but I can't contain my excitement!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Is anyone else announcing their full lineup tomorrow besides Primavera? Maybe they're supporting AM at TRNSMT or something.

TRNSMT makes sense. 

44 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

What about Hip Hop & R&B? Kanye, Childish Gambino, Anderson Paak, Chance The Rapper? I know there have been talks about all of these and most of them are ruled out but who knows.

Anyway if Migos are really confirmed, they´re huge now, T shirt and Bad and Boujee are nr1 songs on all charts so maybe they´re getting headliner spot or second line spot.

If they do this will be most commercial lineup ever from PS, I mean Arctic Monkeys and Migos, strange 

Chance is basically a headliner at this point. Anderson .Paak also earned a high slot in festivals (unlikely but not ruled out so far).

Migos won't headline but they might close the main stage in the mold of Skepta and rtj (before Ocean bailed) last year 

21 minutes ago, red90 said:

I've just bought the ticket with the "i could always resell it later" thought, but, hey, now that i have it - I'M TOTALLY GOING, WHOOO!

It will be my first Primavera ever, so two quick questions: how safe is it for a female going alone? is it very hard to get to the very front for your favorite band?

I'm a huge fan of Bjork, Beck, Nick Cave and Father John Misty, so if the rumors are true, it's gonna be my dream line-up <3 do you think Richard Dawson is possible for this year?

sorry for my rather chaotic post, but I can't contain my excitement!

It is generally safe going alone, even for a woman. As it has been said throughout this forum, the PS festival goers are mostly nice people, more than the most of the other European festivals. To get up front stage you should take a place 1/2 before the start of the concert (for the smaller stages) to at least 1 hour (for the bigger ones). I don't know about mordor ones tho, I've never saw a concert from the front row there... 

• Like 1