Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I think the missing act is definitely the same. I've always thought an Arctic Monkeys Jack White combo is very strong, perhaps even too strong... but if NOS has Jack White subbing Pearl Jam and Arctics headlining a day, then it's not much different to Pearl Jam headlining and Arctics and Jack White coheadlining at Mad Cool.

I've a different opinion hahaha, I think that Jack White is too weak of a headliner to be CO-HEADLINING with Arctic Monkeys! Nine Inch Nails wouldn't co-headline with Arctic Monkeys and Jack White no co-headlining with Pearl Jam at NOS Alive is quite reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Oh I know we wont be getting AM even though i due think we sorta deserve them. Regardless, the doubt here comes in play when we're talking about Mad Coo. 0114 teaser + co-headlining Jack White = question mark

Also, that's kind of a dick move from Gabi tbh. He's got nothing to lose by having barcelona's headliners here, besides, it only enriches Primavera's name as a whole. We basically lose barca's headliners and they instead play at NOS Alive. 

Wow I thought you didn't want them hahaha.

Gabi doesn't want the big headliners for Porto because he wants Porto to stay as big as it is right now, he said Porto is his ideal festival and reminds him of the old Primavera in Barna. 

Nick Cave is going to NPS

Thom Yorke  is not yet confirmed

In my theories, Gorillaz is a possibility, but i was told Super Bock Super Rock is trying to get them

Due to recent bookings by bands, i believe Fever Ray, Father John Misty, Unknow Mortal Orchestra, Tyler The Creator, Vince Staples, Rhye  are all possibilites 

if it happens like usual, NPS line up will go out one week after the Primavera Line

3 hours ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Assuming we're having 6 big names, the 6 who always play longer sets at the main stages. And Arctic Monkeys, Björk, Nick Cave, Lorde and The National are almost official by now, who do you think could be the big name remaining?

Beck? My Bloody Valentine? Vampire Weekend? 

I’m not saying the rumors are wrong,  and it’s nothing against the artists, but this Top 5 just doesn’t feel like Primavera to me.

Just now, strackoftracknfield said:

Wow I thought you didn't want them hahaha.

Gabi doesn't want the big headliners for Porto because he wants Porto to stay as big as it is right now, he said Porto is his ideal festival and reminds him of the old Primavera in Barna. 

Aw okay that is quite a nice response of him. I do agree that bringing AM would result in a HUGE amount of people coming in who belong in a different crowd, the one that NOS Alive appeals to. Still, it would be just a single day... I do want them as I've never seen them live and if they play at NOS Alive I will miss them but yeah, it'd have temporary consequences. I'm still counting on Gorillaz, Nick Cave and someone else being the headliners.

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Nick Cave is going to NPS

Thom Yorke  is not yet confirmed

In my theories, Gorillaz is a possibility, but i was told Super Bock Super Rock is trying to get them

Due to recent bookings by bands, i believe Fever Ray, Father John Misty, Unknow Mortal Orchestra, Tyler The Creator, Vince Staples, Rhye  are all possibilites 

if it happens like usual, NPS line up will go out one week after the Primavera Line

Gorillaz aren't going to play at SBSR, they have other dates that make it tough for them. Father John Misty has already dates that coincide with NPS' days. Don't know much about the other names, I'd say they're a possibility indeed 

9 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I've a different opinion hahaha, I think that Jack White is too weak of a headliner to be CO-HEADLINING with Arctic Monkeys! Nine Inch Nails wouldn't co-headline with Arctic Monkeys and Jack White no co-headlining with Pearl Jam at NOS Alive is quite reasonable. 

Yeah I'm not saying Jack White subbing PJ isn't reasonable, he's doing it at Rock Werchter as well. But if he wasn't available for the PJ day at Mad Cool (which boasts Tame Impala, Justice and Kasabian) then it had to be the Friday really... I do agree that Arctic Monkeys taking a coheadline slot on their comeback seems unbelievable, but I'm really struggling for another act who could headline NOS Alive, coheadline Mad Cool, that wouldn't have been announced yet. I'll be glad when this is all over to be honest, whatever the outcome... I'm still waiting to book flights until the coheadliners announced :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I'm not saying Jack Whtie subbing PJ isn't reasonable, he's doing it at Rock Werchter as well. But if he wasn't available for the PJ day at Mad Cool (which boasts Tame Impala, Justice and Kasabian) then it had to be the Friday really... I do agree that Arctic Monkeys taking a coheadline slot on their comeback seems unbelievable, but I'm really struggling for another act who could headline NOS Alive, coheadline Mad Cool, that wouldn't have been announced yet. I'll be glad when this is all over to be honest, whatever the outcome... I'm still waiting to book flights until the cohedliners announced :lol:

Ikr! This is all very intriguing and the amount of replies we're having on this topic merely about a bunch of monkeys is amazing. We'll see in just two days :)

Just now, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I'm not saying Jack Whtie subbing PJ isn't reasonable, he's doing it at Rock Werchter as well. But if he wasn't available for the PJ day at Mad Cool (which boasts Tame Impala, Justice and Kasabian) then it had to be the Friday really... I do agree that Arctic Monkeys taking a coheadline slot on their comeback seems unbelievable, but I'm really struggling for another act who could headline NOS Alive, coheadline Mad Cool, that wouldn't have been announced yet. I'll be glad when this is all over to be honest, whatever the outcome... I'm still waiting to book flights until the cohedliners announced :lol:

I've seen The Black Keys subbing for Pearl Jam on the Saturday of Werchter 2014 and White trashed them harsh back then. Perhaps that's the right spot for him.

9 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Well I've been only registered in azkena's forum for a couple of months so I wasn't there when those things happened but in 2016 (with the name of Jitu) he started spoiling the big announcements for BBK (Arcade Fire) and advertising that a new festival was about to happen in Madrid. A year later he appeared with a different nickname misinformating and claiming shit about BBK and Azkena once again.  

Oh wow, seriously? f that guy.

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Ikr! This is all very intriguing and the amount of replies we're having on this topic merely about a bunch of monkeys is amazing. We'll see in just two days :)

We're going to move past 100 pages before one official confirmation has been made, that's superb.

9 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Well I've been only registered in azkena's forum for a couple of months so I wasn't there when those things happened but in 2016 (with the name of Jitu) he started spoiling the big announcements for BBK (Arcade Fire) and advertising that a new festival was about to happen in Madrid. A year later he appeared with a different nickname misinformating and claiming shit about BBK and Azkena once again.  

Hold on a sec? Who actually is "that guy"? The Mad Cool main booker or something? And how did it come out it was really him pushing all those secrets?

i'm almost sure no person of high authority from a festival has the amount of time available to post as much as bar tool did on that forum.

i think more than one person from the mad cool organization managed that account.

Edited by neacaisa

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

They have day 20 free to go SBSR, and that day will be the more hip hop based day of that festival,  but it is due to those dates (21 and 22 in France)  that i thought of the possibility to go to NPS instead .  Other reasons, are that NPS started last year  to share bands with Sonar,  and both Gorillaz and Thom Yorke will be at Sonar.

Lets see what will happen. First of all  Monday  we willsee who is going to Barcelona

From what I gather he's stopped posting in the forums for the last couple of weeks after getting a load of abuse about Download Madrid, I don't know if that's because of things he'd said or because whoever runs MC is also behind Download though.

A lot of what he said did prove true, such as when announcements were coming etc. so I do believe he/they are involved with Mad Cool, but he should've just kept quiet about other festivals. The Arctics rumours started by him saying both headliners for Friday have one E in the name, one is from Europe etc. etc. and it was assumed it's Jack White/Arctics long before Jack White was announced, so obviously when he was announced it's added more fuel to the fire... not to mention the 0114 post.

Just now, xxialac said:

I’ve read the name Mad Cool a thousand times now and only just realised the Mad is short for Madrid...

I was playing Rocket League the other day and was thinking about this whole thing about Primavera and Mad Cool. When I realized what you did just now I let out the loudest "OOOOOOOOOOOH" in my life

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

From what I gather he's stopped posting in the forums for the last couple of weeks after getting a load of abuse about Download Madrid, I don't know if that's because of things he'd said or because whoever runs MC is also behind Download though.

A lot of what he said did prove true, such as when announcements were coming etc. so I do believe he/they are involved with Mad Cool, but he should've just kept quiet about other festivals. The Arctics rumours started by him saying both headliners for Friday have one E in the name, one is from Europe etc. etc. and it was assumed it's Jack White/Arctics long before Jack White was announced, so obviously when he was announced it's added more fuel to the fire... not to mention the 0114 post.

As I said it's not really about what he did as Bar Tool (although he lied a couple of times) is just the unfair strategy they have been playing in that forum for years. 

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I was playing Rocket League the other day and was thinking about this whole thing about Primavera and Mad Cool. When I realized what you did just now I let out the loudest "OOOOOOOOOOOH" in my life

I just thought it was two words they’d randomly bolted together.

Edited by xxialac

Just now, alexlloyd said:

In his last post he said something along the lines of "Mad Cool isn't related to Live Nation", which is obviously a lie.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I’ve read the name Mad Cool a thousand times now and only just realised the Mad is short for Madrid...

If AM aren't playing there, it will be remembered for the mad people who bought tickets based on this! The festival goddamn sold out based on their return, and they might play everywhere this summer.

3 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

You can believe me or not but all those things happened , you can research for yourselves or ask anyone at Azkena forum.

I'm not any BBK fanboy or something, I've been there just one time and a couple of times at Beni.

And a few more in Primavera hahaha. 

I'm familiar with the NOS/BBK Arcade Fire leak so I can back you up here.

2 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

As I said it's not really about what he did as Bar Tool (although he lied a couple of times) is just the unfair strategy they have been playing in that forum for years. 

Exactly. That's disgusting.