Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 minutes ago, Steph U said:

But would be quite surprising considering the previous bookings plus Gabi's statement about more hip hop.

Last year the 6 bigger names were Bon Iver, Aphex Twin, The xx, Frank Ocean, Arcade Fire and Van Morrisson.

In 2018 there could be 6 big names without any rapper and then Tyler, Vince, Migos...being also very high on the bill. 

Edited by strackoftracknfield

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Oh yeah we were just talking briefly about NOS PS because @maksym26 mentioned it hehe. I'm still curious about what that one dude said about AM and Porto.

I´m curious about Porto´s lineup release date, if they lineups are different maybe monday we´ll have the line up too, and if that guy says that Arctic Monkeys are headlining which I don´t believe that could mean that we´ll have both lineups on monday

Just now, young_contra said:

Oh yeah we were just talking briefly about NOS PS because @maksym26 mentioned it hehe. I'm still curious about what that one dude said about AM and Porto.

Oh

I don't think that's reasonable, a complete surprise for me (even further than the PS/MC combo). A complete plot twist.

I'd love to see that happen, though. For once, NOS PS deserves the big Barcelona headliner such as Arcade Fire x2/The Strokes/Radiohead/LCD Soundsystem. They haven't gotten it since the first two editions and many fans will be thrilled.

I'd be panicking about this, but before Mad Cool announced Pearl Jam they posted 'Ten' which led to ten acts being announced, not including Pearl Jam... as well as the Seattle co-ordinates before announcing Fleet Foxes. The 0114 post was followed by 15 (14+1) bands being announced, I really can't see that not being a tease before an Arctic Monkeys announcement.

However... I do have Mad Cool tickets, so maybe I'm slightly biased :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

1 minute ago, maksym26 said:

I´m curious about Porto´s lineup release date, if they lineups are different maybe monday we´ll have the line up too, and if that guy says that Arctic Monkeys are headlining which I don´t believe that could mean that we´ll have both lineups on monday

The poster should be out at the start of February, but if PS was delayed and Porto is done then perhaps they will release it pretty close, or just let everyone know that AM is there + the full poster comes out soon.

3 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'd be panicking about this, but before Mad Cool announced Pearl Jam they posted 'Ten' which led to ten acts being announced, not including Pearl Jam... as well as the Seattle co-ordinates before announcing Fleet Foxes. The 0114 post followed 15 (14+1) bands being announced, I really can't see that not being a tease before an Arctic Monkeys announcement.

Mad Cool has played dirty with those hints, both that Bar Tool guy and the deleted posts. Arctic Monkeys will play everywhere this summer and Bar Tool has promoted his festival on a forum of a competing festival, letting fans know they will see AM on Madrid before he was allowed to.

I bet the AM management is furious about this, whether they are playing there or not.

Edited by Orens

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

The poster should be out at the start of February, but if PS was delayed and Porto is done then perhaps they will release it pretty close, or just let everyone know that AM is there + the full poster comes out soon.

I think this scenario is possible. Maybe not the usual two week wait and advise of a big name on Monday if not the whole poster.

6 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'd be panicking about this, but before Mad Cool announced Pearl Jam they posted 'Ten' which led to ten acts being announced, not including Pearl Jam... as well as the Seattle co-ordinates before announcing Fleet Foxes. The 0114 post was followed by 15 (14+1) bands being announced, I really can't see that not being a tease before an Arctic Monkeys announcement.

They are definitely playing Mad Cool. The tease was also 0114, which is the number the drummer of AM puts in his drum kit, referencing the phone number thingy of Sheffield, Uk. 

Is funny how many people here still thinks Bar Tool is a good guy hahahaha. I've been researching and mad cool boys have been playing a lot of dirty tricks in different spanish forums for at least 3 years with a lot of different names. 

Expect him to come back next year, when once again he has to promote his festival and piss off the other festivals. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Mad Cool has played dirty with those hints, both that Bar Tool guy and the deleted posts. Arctic Monkeys will play everywhere this summer and Bar Tool has promoted his festival on a forum of a competing festival. I bet the AM management is furious about this, whether they are playing there or not.

Yeah I noticed the 0114 post was deleted when even NME picked it up and posted an article about it, there was no other was of interpreting that. I can't begin to imagine the uproar if they aren't announced now, either way there must be a coheadliner missing to go alongside Jack White considering they have QOTSA/Depeche Mode coheadlining and Jack's subbing Pearl Jam at NOS. I really can't see anyone else they'd have waited this long to announce. Unless they are playing on the AM rumours, of course...

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I noticed the 0114 post was deleted when even NME picked it up and posted an article about it, there was no other was of interpreting that. I can't begin to imagine the uproar if they aren't announced now, either way there must be a coheadliner missing to go alongside Jack White considering they have QOTSA/Depeche Mode coheadlining and Jack's subbing Pearl Jam at NOS. I really can't see anyone else they'd have waited this long to announce. Unless they are playing on the AM rumours, of course...

That's the thing! We have the 0114 teaser, however, it's odd seeing AM co-headlining with Jack White. At NOS Alive they'd be the only headliners of their day, NIN would be put under their name. I find it hard to believe that the headliner that both festivals are missing isn't the same, I'm just not as confident that that headliner might be AM. 

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

If AM are playing Mad Cool, which is highly unlikely that it won't happen, they've gotta play at NOS Alive. It's only a day between the two dates. If they're playing at NOS Alive, no NPS. This, however, does not mean they won't play at barcelona's Primavera.

NPS is unlikely for AM, it's too small for them. NOS Alive makes much more sense... 

2 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Is funny how many people here still thinks Bar Tool is a good guy hahahaha. I've been researching and mad cool boys have been playing a lot of dirty tricks in different spanish forums for at least 3 years with a lot of different names. 

Expect him to come back next year, when once again he has to promote his festival and piss off the other festivals. 

What else did he do before?

He's a good guy to some people in that they want the insider information and he gives them (almost) exactly what they want.

Just now, young_contra said:

That's the thing! We have the 0114 teaser, however, it's odd seeing AM co-headlining with Jack White. At NOS Alive they'd be the only headliners of their day, NIN would be put under their name. I find it hard to believe that the headliner that both festivals are missing isn't the same, I'm just not as confident that that headliner might be AM. 

Don't panic boi, AM won't be at NPS.

Gabi has said multiple times that he doesn't want the big headliners of Barcelona playing in Porto. 

2 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Don't panic boi, AM won't be at NPS.

Gabi has said multiple times that he doesn't want the big headliners of Barcelona playing in Porto. 

Oh I know we wont be getting AM even though i due think we sorta deserve them. Regardless, the doubt here comes in play when we're talking about Mad Coo. 0114 teaser + co-headlining Jack White = question mark

Also, that's kind of a dick move from Gabi tbh. He's got nothing to lose by having barcelona's headliners here, besides, it only enriches Primavera's name as a whole. We basically lose barca's headliners and they instead play at NOS Alive. 

Edited by young_contra

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Yeah I think the missing act is definitely the same. I've always thought an Arctic Monkeys Jack White combo is very strong, perhaps even too strong... but if NOS has Jack White subbing Pearl Jam and Arctics headlining a day, then it's not much different to Pearl Jam headlining and Arctics and Jack White coheadlining at Mad Cool.

Just now, Orens said:

What else did he do before?

He's a good guy to some people in that they want the insider information and he gives them (almost) exactly what they want.

Well I've been only registered in azkena's forum for a couple of months so I wasn't there when those things happened but in 2016 (with the name of Jitu) he started spoiling the big announcements for BBK (Arcade Fire) and advertising that a new festival was about to happen in Madrid. A year later he appeared with a different nickname misinformating and claiming shit about BBK and Azkena once again.