Little things to make the festival better for others

stuartbert two hats

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Fantastic band. They played the other in 2013 too.

H.M.V, John Bramwell played a solo set at the Brewery in Kendal last year. He did a lot of Kloot stuff. Great night.

Had never heard of Kloot till 2013. Have now seen John B more times than I can remember and in some really cracking intimate venues, plus Kloot in bigger places. Always good nights.

My mrs is 5'10 so was nearly on her knees next to John!

IMG_3029.JPG

25 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Fantastic band. They played the other in 2013 too.

H.M.V, John Bramwell played a solo set at the Brewery in Kendal last year. He did a lot of Kloot stuff. Great night.

Oh well if that happens again see you there. 

8 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Taping off your camp area so no one can walk through is really helpful for everyone!

Think tape is too obvious? Tie your tents together with black guy ropes but make sure to leave enough space between the tents to make it look like a walkway! You'll catch a pesky rogue drunk in no time at all.

4 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Had never heard of Kloot till 2013. Have now seen John B more times than I can remember and in some really cracking intimate venues, plus Kloot in bigger places. Always good nights.

My mrs is 5'10 so was nearly on her knees next to John!

IMG_3029.JPG

They do play in some great venues. Saw them at the Comedy Store in Manchester a few years back supported by Everything Everything and Badly Drawn Boy. All acoustic sets. Cracking stuff.

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Oh well if that happens again see you there. 

I know the guy who does a lot of the bookings for the brewery so if I hear anything about him coming back I'll let you know.:)

14 minutes ago, Untz said:

Think tape is too obvious? Tie your tents together with black guy ropes but make sure to leave enough space between the tents to make it look like a walkway! You'll catch a pesky rogue drunk in no time at all.

Oh that sounds dangerous. I just dig a trench around my groups tents and cover it in cardboard and we usually wake up in the morning to breakfast. 

7 minutes ago, Untz said:

Always looks so easy to step over when you approach it but as soon as that leg hovers in the air too long it's game over! 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Y'all be amateurs.  Weren't nobody coming through my patch last year.

images.jpg.172c46cf2a8e6e27efa35e8e4d61b73f.jpg

Don't try and have a piss against the fence near me, I've rigged it to the pylon

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

They do play in some great venues. Saw them at the Comedy Store in Manchester a few years back supported by Everything Everything and Badly Drawn Boy. All acoustic sets. Cracking stuff.

I know the guy who does a lot of the bookings for the brewery so if I hear anything about him coming back I'll let you know.:)

This was in the Greystones in Sheffield, also seen him at the Deaf Institute and Hebden Trades recently. Had tickets for Bury Met but couldn't make it

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I can't help but feel my point is being missed somewhat.

Is it really just me that envisages them coming on and saying "we are I Am Kloot" only for @strangegoose to respond with "I am Groot" and an endless loop to develop that traps us all in a Glastonbury-based limbo?

To be fair it probably is just me.

That joke left me speechless.

I am mute.

1 hour ago, rebus said:

That joke left me speechless.

I am mute.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

My point is invalid.

I am moot. 

You guys are dreadful and ruined a perfectly good joke.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne, "I am oot"

2 hours ago, Flysheet said:

Next to us last year had a full on garden fence from windbreaks taking up room for two tents. They barely fucking moved from there for 5 days!

Same next to us and we're in the healing field, where space is a premium and are very strict on number of tents & family you take in. (They Expect 'healers' to sleep in tent they work in. Mrs does massage with 2 others in the big tipi so it's impossible to have 3 couples in there.) cheeky sods next to our tent had a camper van then a load of wind breaks to section off an area for themselves with an entire range of patio furniture, which lead up to a big tent with awning and another tent. And barely moved all weekend. 

On 14/05/2017 at 9:56 PM, Flysheet said:

If you're a bloke don't use the long drops for a piss maybe?

If your a woman don't stand with you feet either side of the seat and piss everywhere 

12 hours ago, Quark said:

Oh, and the obvious one.  Hugs.  Lots of hugs.  Hug people. Hug strangers during euphoric dancing / bouncing / singing moments. Unless they don't want to be hugged.  Then maybe not so much. Perhaps a fist bump.

Random high fives as well, love a high five 

I'd just given a full family sat at the pyramid all high fives in 2013, their kids were all sat out on camping chairs, really made them all smile. I was walking past them a bit later, didn't even realise, and asked a guy walking past for a high five and he really rudely refused so the full family started booing him.

35 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes,very good Milky Joe. You're still on the ball, despite the hours you've put in on the secret sales.  I'd be a shadow of my former self, if I had to do what you lot have been through. Keeping my fingers crossed for the lot of you. :)

I am a shadow of my former self Yog!:) Still hope for the sales yet though with See still processing coach tickets. It will take more than 2 weeks of no sleep to throw me off the scent of a ticket!

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I am a shadow of my former self Yog!:) Still hope for the sales yet though with See still processing coach tickets. It will take more than 2 weeks of no sleep to throw me off the scent of a ticket!

That really is some spirit you've got. Far stronger resolve than I have. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and the crew over in the secret sales thread. :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

9 hours ago, swede said:

Random high fives as well, love a high five 

I'd just given a full family sat at the pyramid all high fives in 2013, their kids were all sat out on camping chairs, really made them all smile. I was walking past them a bit later, didn't even realise, and asked a guy walking past for a high five and he really rudely refused so the full family started booing him.

In miserable 2007 we high fived relentlessly for the whole weekend! It kept our spirits up as well as theirs! It was especially good to do at those moments when someone just looked like the rain had beaten them, and you could tell it gave people a lift.

The next year we started stopping people and telling them we were the 'High Five Police' and they would initially look alarmed and then smile when they realised what the game was.

Another good one is to simply wander along with your palm in the air and see who gets it. It's a moment of triumph when someone does!

Edited by amfy
To add another thought.