2017 Phone Charging

jdizzle

So with the new map being up I just noticed that the previous EE charge tent has been replaced by Juice tub powerbank exchange. Anyone got any more information on it? Im just wondering if it will be like the EE powerbank where you had to purchase one before the festival. 

Edited by jdizzle

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the EE website Id be very surprised if they weren't offering a similar phone charging deal as they have done in recent years.

Still official technology & communications partner, still providing a 4G network for the site. Makes sense they will be offering a charging service in some form?

My tip: if you want to take your phone, take your phone. Use it, take photos, tweet, brag to your mates on Facebook, text, whatever. But for the love of all things don't queue up to charge the thing - just buy an Anker power pack and it'll keep you going all week.

6 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

My tip: if you want to take your phone, take your phone. Use it, take photos, tweet, brag to your mates on Facebook, text, whatever. But for the love of all things don't queue up to charge the thing - just buy an Anker power pack and it'll keep you going all week.

That's a good idea about the power pack. It'll come in handy on my holiday as well

11 minutes ago, Havors said:

Pro Tip.... just buy a portable charger for £25 and charge your phone over 5 times from 0% 

Pay a bit more for newer ones that charge even more 

I bought one for 2015, and just got another as it was half price. So, I'll have plenty of power this year. Last year the EE queues we awful!! Didn't bother charging my phone once my power pack died (and thats my fault for not charging it enough before we headed to the festival)

33 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

The biggest tip of the festival!

14 minutes ago, McCor said:

I bought one for 2015, and just got another as it was half price. So, I'll have plenty of power this year. Last year the EE queues we awful!! Didn't bother charging my phone once my power pack died (and thats my fault for not charging it enough before we headed to the festival)

I have an older 15,000 one and a newer 25,000 one. Keep my phone, mp3 player, and speakers charged for a whole festival. I recommend everyone should have one. They only the size of a large phone (heavier like) and a life saver. 

I really dont see why people bother, you can buy a powerbank like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-Technology-22400mAh-Flashlight-Smartphones/dp/B00GBTSHZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494429971&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ec%2Btechnology%2B22400mah&th=1

for less then 30 quid and provided you've fully charged it and aren`t trying to keep 5 phones and a tablet charged off of one pack itll last the entire fest, I had the first gen red and black one on the same link and its done me good for 4 festivals now.  No wait, no lines.

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I really dont see why people bother, you can buy a powerbank like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-Technology-22400mAh-Flashlight-Smartphones/dp/B00GBTSHZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494429971&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ec%2Btechnology%2B22400mah&th=1

for less then 30 quid and provided you've fully charged it and aren`t trying to keep 5 phones and a tablet charged off of one pack itll last the entire fest, I had the first gen red and black one on the same link and its done me good for 4 festivals now.  No wait, no lines.

got this exact one back in 2014

fully charged it'll keep mine and my partner's iphones charged the whole festival (moderate usage, will keep one person going even if they're using their phone every second of the day) so I'd highly recommend it

1 minute ago, 42hamlet said:

got this exact one back in 2014

fully charged it'll keep mine and my partner's iphones charged the whole festival (moderate usage, will keep one person going even if they're using their phone every second of the day) so I'd highly recommend it

Mine lasted well into monday last time around as It still had 1 light on the battery meter even when I got home. Brilliant bit of kit for the price. Its done me well whenever ive travelled anywhere as well. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Pro Tip.... just buy a portable charger for £25 and charge your phone over 5 times from 0% 

Pay a bit more for newer ones that charge even more 

This. Last year was first time I took a decent phone with a charger pack, worked perfectly

18 hours ago, verrymerry said:

By all means do whatever you want at Glastonbury, but don't do this...

IMG_0354.thumb.JPG.91d307e8e63e6f971c697c5d424eb1f6.JPG

You didn't come to Glastonbury to do this...

Fu*k That! There's a pint with my name on it!