Re-sale tips

Smashers

58 minutes ago, musky said:

From TOS:
Coach-fares-2017-BIG.png

You are totally dependent on how many tickets are returned for each departure point in the resales, so there's no guessing if one location will have a greater proportion returned than another. Basically, try for any departure point they can reasonably get to. And then try the ones they can't.

Thanks!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just reading a blog about getting tickets, and according to the dude who wrote it, you can call SeeTickets to get tickets for Glastonbury ... Is this true? Is it worth trying the number & online at the same time on the resale day?

Or is the phone line a nightmare? Apparently, a lot of people forget about the phone line. 

Any feedback on this would be good. 

1 hour ago, Smashers said:

Was just reading a blog about getting tickets, and according to the dude who wrote it, you can call SeeTickets to get tickets for Glastonbury ... Is this true? Is it worth trying the number & online at the same time on the resale day?

Or is the phone line a nightmare? Apparently, a lot of people forget about the phone line. 

Any feedback on this would be good. 

The phone line hasn't been an option since I think the 2014 festival.

On 24/03/2017 at 5:20 PM, Joshuwarr said:

Get as many people helping as possible. I wrote a briefing to people explaining in clear terms what they needed to do, with all the info and step by step help. This was to ensure that they wouldn't need to call me in a panic. It may seem easy to us, but remember that not everyone is used to the process like we are so make sure they're clear!

And I agree with doubling your chances through coach resale too. Its a guaranteed winner!

EDIT: OK, not guaranteed but it helps your chances!

@Joshuwarr I am in the process of writing a briefing (much like you recommended) and I'd love to see yours to ensure I am not missing a vital step. Could you DM / PM to me? Or paste here, would be forever grateful!! (and would buy you a pint or 10 when we get tickets!) 

I have 2 sets of 2 tickets to try for and have to do them separately from a paying point of view. If I was lucky enough to get one set, how do I get back to the enter reg page? On ticket day I see people talking about getting back in and getting more tickets. Do I just pres back once I've paid for the first set of tickets?

Sometimes after you've filled in the card details and reg numbers and clicked buy the page freezes. If this happens DO NOT CLICK REFRESH. Click back instead and you'll be able to fill in the details again. If you click refresh you'll get booted back to holding page and then you're probably fucked. Have all reg numbers and card details typed in notepad or a word document so you can copy and paste. Every second counts.

Edited by Madyaker

White screen failing to load even a holding page can be a sign of being directed to a dead server by a cookie you have stored.  Best way to fix this is to clear your browser cache and cookies, then fully close and reopen the browser.  You should then get directed to a live server.....

54 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

White screen failing to load even a holding page can be a sign of being directed to a dead server by a cookie you have stored.  Best way to fix this is to clear your browser cache and cookies, then fully close and reopen the browser.  You should then get directed to a live server.....

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

You should clear your cookies before the sale anyway. 

This is new info! Why should you clear it anyway? Gooling how to do that right now!

Also...I know my Mac can store my card details. Is that helpful? I've heard people being able to do that on their phone too, but i looked yesterday on mine and couldn't fathom it. 

It'll store your card details on a page you've visited before like the checkout page on amazon or something. But I don't think it'll work for the resale page, could be wrong though. Have all reg numbers and card details typed out in a word document in another tab so you can copy and paste quickly instead of typing.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

This. I had white screen of death in the sale, clearing cache and cookies solved it. I also had 3 browsers open so three different sessions.

Also good to make sure you're on the website a good 15 mins early so everything is all nice and loaded up. I start refreshing 5 mins before the actual sale time, just in case I get lucky and they open the gates a little early.

29 minutes ago, Skoo said:

This. I had white screen of death in the sale, clearing cache and cookies solved it. I also had 3 browsers open so three different sessions.

Also good to make sure you're on the website a good 15 mins early so everything is all nice and loaded up. I start refreshing 5 mins before the actual sale time, just in case I get lucky and they open the gates a little early.

Ok, I'm all over this.

Just saw on a very old thread (this is how bad the obsession has become) that on sale day, someone logged into seetickets before and kept it open...apparently then it enters your card details faster. Good advice? Sounds legit, but haven't seen anyone else mention it

Thanks for this tip. I had constant white screens in October, first time I haven't been able to get tickets (luckily someone else got me one). Gonna be trying for mates in the resale.

51 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ok, I'm all over this.

Just saw on a very old thread (this is how bad the obsession has become) that on sale day, someone logged into seetickets before and kept it open...apparently then it enters your card details faster. Good advice? Sounds legit, but haven't seen anyone else mention it

Very little (anecdotal only) evidence that this works....much more that it doesn't. 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Ok, I'm all over this.

There's two separate things going on here.

1) After the resales some people kept the registration page open with the details pre-filled for the 'secret' resales. When the sale went live they just had to hit send. This worked for at least some people in last year's 'secret' resale, with the caveat that getting the registration page in the 'secret' resale isn't an issue - getting it filled in quick enough is. Unless you've still got the page open from last October this isn't an option for the resale.

2) If your browser is set to remember your form history when you start typing in a field that you've filled before it will bring up options to complete that field. That way you only have to enter the first letter/number and hit enter.

Edit: You'd still have to enter your own card details though.

Very little (anecdotal only) evidence that this works....much more that it doesn't. 

Some people in last year's WhattsApp group were successful doing it that way in the secret resale, but probably because so few are on it you get straight through first try. I can't recall anyone ever saying they've had a holding page.

Edited by musky

1 minute ago, musky said:

There's two separate things going on here.

1) After the resales some people kept the registration page open with the details pre-filled for the 'secret' resales. When the sale went live they just had to hit send. This worked for at least some people in last year's 'secret' resale, with the caveat that getting the registration page in the 'secret' resale isn't an issue - getting it filled in quick enough is. Unless you've still got the page open from last October this isn't an option for the resale.

2) If your browser is set to remember your form history when you start typing in a field that you've filled before it will bring up options to complete that field. That way you only have to enter the first letter/number and hit enter.

Some people in last year's WhattsApp group were successful doing it that way in the secret resale, but probably because so few are on it you get straight through first try. I can't recall anyone ever saying they've had a holding page.

Cool thanks :) Had to read that a couple of times to make sure it had sunk in, but In think I get it now...although, I'm hoping we don't need the secret resale

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Cool thanks :) Had to read that a couple of times to make sure it had sunk in, but In think I get it now...although, I'm hoping we don't need the secret resale

Yeah, it seems I have an annoying habit of writing things that aren't really as well explained as I thought they were. :lol:

Basically if your web browser is already set up to remember things you've entered on a website you're good to go. If it isn't, set it up now and try for the coach sale whether you want to go by coach or not. If you reach the reg page fill it in and hit proceed - you reg numbers and postcodes will be remembered.

1 minute ago, musky said:

Yeah, it seems I have an annoying habit of writing things that aren't really as well explained as I thought they were. :lol:

Basically if your web browser is already set up to remember things you've entered on a website you're good to go. If it isn't, set it up now and try for the coach sale whether you want to go by coach or not. If you reach the reg page fill it in and hit proceed - you reg numbers and postcodes will be remembered.

It's not you...it's my technological ineptitude which is the problem! I think it is...it always seems to pop up with stuff!

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

It's not you...it's my technological ineptitude which is the problem! I think it is...it always seems to pop up with stuff!

It's easy to check. If you log out of here and then log back in, when you enter the first letter of your username a little box with your full username should pop up. Hit the down arrow to select it and then hit enter. Then hit tab which will take the cursor to the next box. Nice and quick!

This doesn't work with passwords for security reasons, just in case you were wondering. :)

There's an application called Short Keys Lite which can speed things up. You can assign values to key combinations.

For example you could have all your card and registration details assigned to various key combinations that you'd use to populate the field as quickly as possible. So:

##1 = Card number
##2 = Card Holder name
etc..

On 11/04/2017 at 6:23 PM, parsonjack said:

This didn't work for me in the October sale. I was getting totally dead screened on my laptop, and no amount of restarting browsers/clearing cookies etc. worked. Eventually got through on my mobile. Not even a holding page on laptop. (This was trying for friends in the main sale. I'd already got mine in the coach sale via laptop)

My understanding is that in the coach sale you can't choose departure times, with the exception of coaches traveling from London or Bristol (?)

Does anyone know roughly what the coach times are from London? I realise in the resale it will depend on what's returned, but if anyone just has a rough idea of earliest/latest and frequency from the main sale, that would be helpful.

2 hours ago, Kashkin said:

My understanding is that in the coach sale you can't choose departure times, with the exception of coaches traveling from London or Bristol (?)

Does anyone know roughly what the coach times are from London? I realise in the resale it will depend on what's returned, but if anyone just has a rough idea of earliest/latest and frequency from the main sale, that would be helpful.

I usually ended up with a 6am coach there when I did the London coach