Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

1 hour ago, cloudb said:

2 quick questions, would be great of anyone can answer. 

Are scout tents distributed on a first come first served basis once the site is open or is everyone allocated a tent at the time of booking. 

Is there definitely a bus that goes from the bus drop off point to WV. I've seen very little mention of it and am curious as to how convenient it is. 

We had one of the 6 person scout tents last year and they had allocated them before arrival - seem to remember they sent an email a couple of days before.  I know with certainty that I knew which row ours was in and roughly how close to the entrance it was before we arrived on site.  

We didn't use the bus but I'm fairly sure I've heard people mention on here that it was infrequent or slow or unreliable or some such (though that might just have been due to the conditions on site last year).  

Edited by mandolin

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cloudb said:

2 quick questions, would be great of anyone can answer. 

Are scout tents distributed on a first come first served basis once the site is open or is everyone allocated a tent at the time of booking. 

Is there definitely a bus that goes from the bus drop off point to WV. I've seen very little mention of it and am curious as to how convenient it is. 

I'm 99% certain tents are all allocated beforehand.

Yep the bus goes from the coach drop off to WV but beware there can be quite a wait depending when you arrive. It's been 3 years since I used the transfer, so might have improved by now, but one year we were waiting a good couple of hours. I think we arrived around 2-3pm on Wednesday.

Cheers all,

Good to hear that tents aren't allocated on arrival as I don't plan on arriving until Thursday and one of the reasons I picked WV was so I didn't have to worry about getting a shite spot for arriving later than the masses.

And not surprised with the feedback on the transfer bus.  The official details make it sound idea but I feel like I haven't heard it come up in conversation too often because nobody uses it due to it being a bit of a pain.

The other option of walking across the entire site doesn't sound too appealing either though. 

9 minutes ago, cloudb said:

The other option of walking across the entire site doesn't sound too appealing either though. 

I've done this when leaving but not on arriving. Wasn't too bad on way out as obviously have less to carry and we happened on ok weather.

You'll soon find what the best thing for you to do is. It'll be a combination of weather, ammount to carry and how quick the queue goes down.

If it's an alright day (we can dream), you can take a leisurely trek and stop for a couple of beers on the way ;-)

2 minutes ago, Tomjoll said:

I've done this when leaving but not on arriving. Wasn't too bad on way out as obviously have less to carry and we happened on ok weather.

You'll soon find what the best thing for you to do is. It'll be a combination of weather, ammount to carry and how quick the queue goes down.

If it's an alright day (we can dream), you can take a leisurely trek and stop for a couple of beers on the way ;-)

Shouldn't have too much with me so walking might be an option so.  Any idea how long it takes?  I assume you can't go through the main site and have to walk the perimeter?

30 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Cheers all,

Good to hear that tents aren't allocated on arrival as I don't plan on arriving until Thursday and one of the reasons I picked WV was so I didn't have to worry about getting a shite spot for arriving later than the masses.

And not surprised with the feedback on the transfer bus.  The official details make it sound idea but I feel like I haven't heard it come up in conversation too often because nobody uses it due to it being a bit of a pain.

The tents are in rows with letters numbers if you get tent 3d they give you special glasses to see it

Edited by crocodiles

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You can go through the main site.  Will take half an hour to 40 minutes depending on the condition of the ground.

That's a little better.  Thought you had to exchange your ticket for a special WV wrist band or something to that effect.  Must have picked it up wrong.

1 minute ago, cloudb said:

That's a little better.  Thought you had to exchange your ticket for a special WV wrist band or something to that effect.  Must have picked it up wrong.

I always thought that too. In which case if you are travelling fairly light, that's definitely the better option imo.

You'll have to tackle "the hill" that way, but the stories about how bad that is I find are worse than the reality. It's a fairy tough 3 minute uphill walk.

12 hours ago, cloudb said:

Cheers all,

Worthy view is definitely allocated Pre arrival. TBH the bus transfer queue has always looked very long/slow but a lot better than walking across site and up the hill with all your stuff! 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

If we arrive on the wednesday afternoon and park at WV, how busy is it usually at this time? big queues? is there a lot of security? 

Probably a 10-15 minute queue through security/wristband area...with the proximity of the car park just take a small amount of stuff with you first time through for ease/speeed and then go back and get the rest from the car.....5 mins to get back through once you have wristband...car park very close to security area

10 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Probably a 10-15 minute queue through security/wristband area...with the proximity of the car park just take a small amount of stuff with you first time through for ease/speeed and then go back and get the rest from the car.....5 mins to get back through once you have wristband...car park very close to security area

Thanks. Sounds nice and straight forward. Not sure I fancy making multiple trips to car and having to queue and go through security every time though.... 

Just now, Havors said:

Thanks. Sounds nice and straight forward. Not sure I fancy making multiple trips to car and having to queue and go through security every time though.... 

Security channel once you have your wristband is a different channel and tends to consist of them just asking if you have glass and then wave you through

13 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Security channel once you have your wristband is a different channel and tends to consist of them just asking if you have glass and then wave you through

ah cool, probably worth doing a couple of trips then :) cheers

we arrived around 1pm last year and were queuing less than 5mins. on Fri/Sat/Sun there won't be any queue. the car park is so close that it makes absolutely no sense to try bring everything in one go. we just took enough to get setup and for the first day, then got another couple of days worth on Thursday, then another trip early on Saturday I think. it was probably about a 25min round trip from tent to car to tent.

16 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

we arrived around 1pm last year and were queuing less than 5mins. on Fri/Sat/Sun there won't be any queue. the car park is so close that it makes absolutely no sense to try bring everything in one go. we just took enough to get setup and for the first day, then got another couple of days worth on Thursday, then another trip early on Saturday I think. it was probably about a 25min round trip from tent to car to tent.

Cool. Probably better to keep one of our cooler/freezer boxes in the boot in the shade as apposed to in a tent that heats up or outside 

It was a breeze getting in on Wednesday afternoon in 2015, aiming for that again this time. We get the shuttle from Castle Cary to WV and it's really nice to go straight from bus to check in to tent so quickly. And then you get that first look at the site from the top of the hill... great feeling.

Stayed in a 4 person scout previously, this time got the 6-8 man scout for 6 of us. Should be good!

17 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

It was a breeze getting in on Wednesday afternoon in 2015, aiming for that again this time. We get the shuttle from Castle Cary to WV and it's really nice to go straight from bus to check in to tent so quickly. And then you get that first look at the site from the top of the hill... great feeling.

Stayed in a 4 person scout previously, this time got the 6-8 man scout for 6 of us. Should be good!

We have 2 x 6 man bell tents (the new horrible looking ones haha) Really looking forward to not having to pitch the tents.... just blow a bed up, get a chair out and get drinking :) 

2 hours ago, Havors said:

I think there are security checks every time you leave Worthy view to get into the festival, I don't know how thorough they are but if you are worried about it maybe store your supplies in the lock ups at the top of Pennards. 
Charm x

36 minutes ago, Charm said:

I think there are security checks every time you leave Worthy view to get into the festival, I don't know how thorough they are but if you are worried about it maybe store your supplies in the lock ups at the top of Pennards. 
Charm x

you're right, there are - very random in terms of stopping people....1/30 probably the norm, other than that they just check your wristband, no delay

54 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Whatever do you mean... "supplies"?? ;);) x