BlackHole2006

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather, bone dry but overcast: 

Other than these, general mooching about:

Friday

11-12: Other Stage - Supergrass (I know they are not reformed, but I live in hope)

2-3: WH - Omar Souleyman

6:30-7:30: Pyramid - Iggy Pop

8-9:15: Pyramid - Royal Blood

9:45-11:30: Pyramid - Radiohead

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Early - Something a bit funky and Unique on WH 

3:15-4:15: Other Stage - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard

6-7: Glade - Dreadzone

8-9:15: Pyramid - Lady Gaga

10:15 - 11:30: John Peel - The Flaming Lips

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

12 - 12:30: Glade - Davos

12:40 - 1:10: Glade - Touretteshero

4:15-5:30: Pyramid - Diana Ross

8-9:15:   Pyramid - Kendrick Lamar

10-11:30: Pyramid - Daft Punk

1-3am: Arcadia - Eric Prydz

Headliners? guns and roses/radiohead/stone roses.

weather, bright and sunny not a cloud all week

beer......changed of supplier from tuborg

other stuff? would be good to see a stage or a day on a stage at least put aside for heavier rock acts who wouldn't warrant a headline slot but would still go down well with fans of the genres- its the only thing I think this festival misses (esp when you consider so much is dedicated to other niche genres like hardcore dance stuff)  and I think would be more likely when as of the last few years Eavis seems to have lost his fear of booking any heavy acts

37 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Headliners? guns and roses/radiohead/stone roses.

weather, bright and sunny not a cloud all week

beer......changed of supplier from tuborg

other stuff? would be good to see a stage or a day on a stage at least put aside for heavier rock acts who wouldn't warrant a headline slot but would still go down well with fans of the genres- its the only thing I think this festival misses (esp when you consider so much is dedicated to other niche genres like hardcore dance stuff)  and I think would be more likely when as of the last few years Eavis seems to have lost his fear of booking any heavy acts

Depends on what you define as heavy really. If you're talking about before he booked Metallica, then we had Dinosaur JR and The Smashing Pumpkins in 2013. Coheed & Cambria and Mastodon played the year before that, I think? 

Wednesday set up by 10am in bright Sunshine.  Nice sleep and stroll round to find the beer supplier has been changed.  If not off to real ale bars at Williams Green and Avalon.  Stones, flags and Strummerville on the way home.

Thursday stumble across Beardyman doing a 6 hour mic only set, before going to see if the reggae boys have got set up, help or chill.  Before going to get a lamb Oggie and then wonder around for about 5 hours in a general state of amazement.

Friday Morning will be kicked off by Gogol Bordello at 11am on the other stage.

Last 3 bands of Friday on Pyramid will be;

Radiohead, Faithless and NWA. 

Saturday Highlights

Cypress Hill and Roni Size Represent on West Holts to close.  Battles and Fucked Up on John Peel early doors and Micky Finn in Arcadia at about 1am.

Sunday Highlights

Ennio Morricone to open the Pyramid followed by the Hives.  Jimmy Page and his new band to play Pyramid or Acoustic and System of the Down to close the Other stage.  One last late night walk round to catch The Specials in the Rabbit Hole and DJ Brockie in Arcadia.

I will take 18°c and overcast and Sharron Shannon all weekend to be honest even drinking Tuborg.  Its going to be fun, fun, fun.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:08 PM, Pinhead said:

Hattie Hatster

Biggles

Sadly, from what's been said I think it's unlikely we'll see Biggles again.

Hattie Hatstar has to be less certain than in previous years (assuming that Groovy Movie did actually get sold in the end)

On 12/10/2016 at 3:52 PM, Quark said:

The cheesy bit.  As my first solo year I don't just want to make peace with the fact I've travelled solo, but bury myself in all the things I normally walk past or never go in, and enjoy them all. Leftfield, Green Fields, permaculture, workshops, circus acts, the Ribbon Tower, Rabbit Hole, Rocket Lounge, Silent Disco, Sweet Charity, Underground Piano Bar, The Common.  All of it.  My dream weekend is going home feeling like I've made the most of doing it my way, and not leaving regretting not having tried something.

You've made me want to sack off my shit friends with this post. My glastonbury would be better without some of the absolute liabilities I have to put up with. If I wasnt annoyingly best mates with them I'd hate them with a passion... actually I do hate a few of them with a passion but thats not the point. 

p.s I love them really. Even the shit ones.

7 minutes ago, mjsell said:

You've made me want to sack off my shit friends with this post. My glastonbury would be better without some of the absolute liabilities I have to put up with. If I wasnt annoyingly best mates with them I'd hate them with a passion... actually I do hate a few of them with a passion but thats not the point. 

p.s I love them really. Even the shit ones.

It's come about by chance more than anything else.  My brother in law and the core group I go with had all decided they weren't going this year, so I figures I'd take the chance.  There's no way I could go with them and just say "right, I'll see you Monday" as they'd rightly be a bit miffed.  So this is my year to give it a go!

There's a wider group who tried but didn't get tickets, but I'd feel no such problems with abandoning them even if they get resale tickets :)

So, along with the wall to wall sunshine...

Friday:

Green Day - Pyramid

Paramore - Pyramid

TwinAtlantic - Pyramid

Fall Out Boy - Other

Bring Me the Horizon - Other

Beautiful Bodies - Other

Walking on Cars - Other

Saturday:

Lady Gaga - Pyramid

Bastille - Pyramid

Panic at the Disco - Other

Hands Like Houses - Other

Shinedown - Other

Gunship - John Peel

You+Me - Acoustic

Suinday:

Taylor Swift - Pyramid

Chvrches - Pyramid

Sia - Pyramid

Halestorm - Other

Pvris - John Peel

Prides - John Peel

Sunset Sons - Other

I'd be quite chuffed if that exactly came to fruition :)

45 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's come about by chance more than anything else.  My brother in law and the core group I go with had all decided they weren't going this year, so I figures I'd take the chance.  There's no way I could go with them and just say "right, I'll see you Monday" as they'd rightly be a bit miffed.  So this is my year to give it a go!

There's a wider group who tried but didn't get tickets, but I'd feel no such problems with abandoning them even if they get resale tickets :)

I can't Believe Rom, didn't want to go

As it's my first chance to go to Glastonbury in 11 years, and quite probably my last as well, being slightly realistic...

Obviously wall to wall sunshine 

Daft Punk playing that atrocious last album on the Pyramid stage whilst I watch The National on The Other Stage :lol:, this would be followed by Justice playing somewhere. 

Although I imagine there's very little chance of this happening as the Pyramid stage will be rammed for Radiohead I'd quite like to see Interpol (for the 62nd time) headline the John Peel stage. Banks and Steelz would also do a late late night set somewhere. 

Sunday would see Nada Surf play on the Park which I imagine would be quite nice. Jean Michel Jarre would be an excellent way to finish the weekend, ideally in the West Holts Dance tent before a Kraftwerk 3-D show. 

Also, we'd have British Sea Power, I Like Trains, Public Service Broadcasting, Editors, Money, On Dead Waves, Victories at Sea, White Lies, Slowdive, etc etc

And Stromae should play as well.

22° with a cool breeze and occasional white fluffy cloud.

Weds and Thurs a laid back wander round site, and getting involved in something rather than watching others. 

Fri - royal blood followed by arctic monkeys and muse - again - and no-ones going to complain. I will make it to the SE corner to see what all the fuss is about and it won't be overcrowded.

Sat - my kids have magically appeared without me leaving site, and we have a lovely day doing crafts and watching the circus shows. As it is their day they can have Taylor swift or Katy perry to headline and they get to go on stage for a sing along.

Sun - Tina turner in the legend slot, Happy Mondays somewhere..rounded off with guns n roses UK festival exclusive.

And Monday morning I wake up fresh as a daisy.

On 12 October 2016 at 1:20 PM, The Clearest Blue said:

Wednesday: Beer + Cider + Amazing Food + Fireworks + Incredible atmosphere of excitement

Thursday: Beer + Cider + Amazing Food + Beans on Toast followed by The Correspondents followed by Crystal Fighters on the Hell Stage

Friday: Other Stage Opener is Elbow followed by Blondie, I then catch Hobo Jones at Avalon and head over to Bears Den at the Park, I then see The Pet Shop Boys subbing and Daft Punk Headliner Set and then wonder off for some illegalities in the naughty corner.

Saturday: I'm brought back to life by Frank Turner, then see Leonard Cohen, James Brown and The Highway Men, Chvrches and David Bowie finishes off with a killer headliner set. I spend the evening in the green fields making new friends and talking a load of bollocks.

Sunday: I catch Lady Gaga performing at the Stone Circle, watch a bit of Billy Bragg, stumble across Scroobius Pip vs Dan le Sac at Leftfield and then Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros on the Pyramid, Elton does the Legend slot finishing on Circle of Life and Fleetwood Mac Headline, I then stumble in to a worm hole and come out the other end on Wednesday morning except this time round I get to choose different bands!

Alongside Beans on Toast and Frank, I' d have an xtra mile stage, with skinny lister, will varley, Ben Marwood etc.

Need to think the rest through in much more detail.

Edited by louise2014