Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they're trolling about the 28th, I think it will be sooner, I can't see it going back up to January after doing this date countdown. A slight chance it could be tomorrow I guess...

im happy about most of those that we can rule out: De La (I would much prefer ATCQ, the latter was far superior live when I saw them), Justice and The Stone Roses (love the debut but don't want the fans as mentioned). Nicolas Jaar would have been nice though.

Frank would be great but it would be a strange headliner for PS, especially when The xx will be as well.

4 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Think I read somewhere that all the bands were booked for 2017 and a lot already booked for 2018

Seems unlikely at such an early stage but most of the line up could be revealed tomorrow.

Could also be a one-name announcement? Maybe a big band announcing a tour.

Just now, Noeliam said:

Could also be a one-name announcement? Maybe a big band announcing a tour.

I'd be amazed if Frank Ocean isn't in the announcement with the flurry of festivals he's announced today. I think we'll get more than one name personally. Maybe the 3 days headliners?

If it were a big band then it'd be difficult to predict who would warrant a singular announcement that isn't already touring / haven't played the festival before or are very unlikely to have reformed.

I'm still saying Primal Scream for the Wednesday slot.

15 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

So 

Bon Iver

The XX

Kraftwerk

Depeche Mode

Sunflower Bean

Aphex Twin

Frank Ocean

All seem certs in my book - but would be amazing if they pull someone massive out of nowhere

Depeche Mode aren't available during Prima, while headlining Bilbao BBK.

Frank Ocean seems certain. Per CoS, He's headlining two US festivals at the two weekends preceeding Prima and Panorama at the end of July, which means he won't be at Governor's Ball instead of Barcelona. The following weekend he's already in Europe.

Kraftwerk will probably only be available until Wednesday at latest, starting an intense tour in June 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Depeche Mode aren't available during Prima, while headlining Bilbao BBK.

Frank Ocean seems certain. Per CoS, He's headlining two US festivals at the two weekends preceeding Prima and Panorama at the end of July, which means he won't be at Governor's Ball instead of Barcelona. The following weekend he's already in Europe.

Kraftwerk will probably only be available until Wednesday at latest, starting an intense tour in June 2nd. 

a 2.5 hour flight, a laptop and a lycra suit in their hand luggage tells me they could do the Thursday.

25 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

They've done things before where they just announce one act though, and it makes sense to be him because he has been announced for a bunch of festivals today. I hope it is more than that though, but it's prob best to assume it is is just that, I think.

But why anticipate an announcement like this when other festivals already stole your thunder regarding the 'shock value' of the announcement? 

My bet is on a single name announcement of an act that hasn't got any (European) tour dates as of yet. Primavera did one act-announcements before, but usually those were big surprises (like The Strokes in 2015).

31 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Just announcing Frank Ocean would be a let down for many. My bet is either 75%-full line up or 3 or 4 headliners/co-headliners. 

Yeah because if so why wait a couple of days after the other announcements...If I remember, both the Strokes and Radiohead were announced before any of their other shows....which I hope isn't giving me hope of something awesome 

9 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

They've done things before where they just announce one act though, and it makes sense to be him because he has been announced for a bunch of festivals today. I hope it is more than that though, but it's prob best to assume it is is just that, I think.

Last year Radiohead was announced for several festivals early in the morning while we were still waiting for that rocket to go off. PS announced the first Euro shows for LCD Soundsystem, Brian Wilson, Tame Impala (first festival announcements), etc.

We might as well get Bon Iver, xx, Beck or other major acts who still aren't officially on the board.

4 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

But why anticipate an announcement like this when other festivals already stole your thunder regarding the 'shock value' of the announcement? 

My bet is on a single name announcement of an act that hasn't got any (European) tour dates as of yet. Primavera did one act-announcements before, but usually those were big surprises (like The Strokes in 2015).

This makes sense I guess, but a lot of things the organisers of this festival do don't make sense. Remember when they made a really bad short film to announce the line up?