Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

10 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

But why anticipate an announcement like this when other festivals already stole your thunder regarding the 'shock value' of the announcement? 

My bet is on a single name announcement of an act that hasn't got any (European) tour dates as of yet. Primavera did one act-announcements before, but usually those were big surprises (like The Strokes in 2015).

I'd say the same but the amount of bands it could be is a very small number..Gorillaz, Daft Punk, Arctic Monkeys spring to mind.

7 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Imagine if it WAS Daft Punk.

(It won't be)

If it's not them, I think we can write off 99% of any hope we've got of them playing anywhere next year.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really hoping for a surprise reunion announcement, like when Pulp was announced a couple months before the whole lineup. 

R.E.M., anyone? Their social media has been super active lately for a disbanded group. Plus there have been rumors for other fests, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nod. 

21 minutes ago, Bort said:

Really hoping for a surprise reunion announcement, like when Pulp was announced a couple months before the whole lineup. 

R.E.M., anyone? Their social media has been super active lately for a disbanded group. Plus there have been rumors for other fests, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nod. 

Would think there'd be heavier speculation about it if it were to happen. Would be a pretty big band to come out of retirement. Much bigger than LCD for instance, who everyone knew was returning.

Gabi did say there would be a reunion though and unless it's someone who's already reunited eg. the Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Eric B & Rakim I've no idea who it might be.

Edited by dentalplan

6 hours ago, Bort said:

When the clock runs down they'll be 'Out of time' I suppose.

I thought that but I think Orens is right now as the twitter account said it was 12 hours but in the UK the site said 13 hours which can't be right as there will only be one announcement time so they must not have made the timezone adjustment.

Plus the last announcement was 9am UK/10am Spain.

Edited by weston24