Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

35 minutes ago, jed300 said:

So with 4 bands on the top of the bill vs. 3 last year. Where are they likely to sit? I assume all 4 will still be on thursday/friday/saturday and they're not going to push one to weds or sun?

There were 4 last year really with Sigur Ros and PJ Harvey co-headlining. I would expect The xx to do the same with either Frank or Bon Iver.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

think i'm definitely gonna be going to this. after missing out this year and being gutted about it there was no way i was making that mistake again, especially with such an ace lineup. even if most of the acts i'm interested in end up playing Glastonbury it'll at least eliminate some clashes... maybe. ton of acts there that i've been meaning to see for years

This will be my first time going and I've got some (probably stupid) questions which I can't find answers to anywhere! When do the bands generally start and finish is it the Friday - Sunday? I've seen some comments about people queuing and not being able to get in to see acts - why is that? I've only ever been to Glasto so not sure what to expect! 

8 hours ago, rebeccac said:

This will be my first time going and I've got some (probably stupid) questions which I can't find answers to anywhere! When do the bands generally start and finish is it the Friday - Sunday? I've seen some comments about people queuing and not being able to get in to see acts - why is that? I've only ever been to Glasto so not sure what to expect! 

Beware main festival is Thurs to Sat with usually a small but decent selections of bands on weds evening too but half the festival area isn't open then 

yes v important to note the main three days are thurs - sat and not fri-sun

the wednesday has a free (to anyone) concert on one stage at parc del forum (to keep the locals happy) and other than that there are some indoor gigs in the centre of barcelona that are always massively over subscribed.

same for the sunday (no free concert but indoor gigs) but I am usually dead to the world by then and want to go home!!

you want to arrive on the wednesday to get checked in and get your wristband so you're ready to go come thursday.

the best stage is easily the ray ban stage as it is an ampitheatre type venue outside and its usually easy to get a really good spot, and they often put the more dancey and fun bands on here. I personally find the largest stages very soulless. 

Very much looking forward to getting stuck in at the beach stage with its expanded electronic lineup but this runs for very long hours. The main bands run from about 6pm to about 4am with DJ's until 6am. The beach now opens pretty much midday onwards and there were good DJs on in the middle of the afternoon so we are looking to stay very close to the forum so we can dip in and out. If you don't stay really close by once you're out at the site you won't want to go back to your accom and return later as it will be too much hassle and time taken.

also getting away at the end of the night is a bit of a nightmare as the taxi's are massively over subscribed and public transport doesn't always run 24hr. I would highly recommend NOT staying in the centre of barcelona rather up by poble nou or further towards the forum (near the yellow metro line). it is really relaxed and there are some nice beaches that arent too busy up that end, vs barceloneta beach which is really busy all the time. Theres  some nice restaurants too if you seek them out, fairly quiet.

downside is that pretty much all their is to drink on site are 5 euro heineken beers that arent even a full UK pint. it might even be more than that now as it was 5 euro about 2/3 years ago and the exchange rate has tanked since then so expect around a £5 per 500ml beer..... the food on site is also pretty dreadful so go for a meal out first and pre drink before you go in. the decent bands dont usually start until 8/9pm

Edited by Memory Man

49 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

When does this usually sell out? 

when radiohead aren't playing it doesn't really sell out. at the very most it would be about 3 weeks before. 

the prices do go up gradually though as time goes on so best to get on the payment plan asap if you're going.

I find the lineup to have loads of strength in depth. the out and out headliners are not to my taste but name me another festival in the world that could book Aphex Twin, Slayer and Grace Jones. none of them will be playing glastonbury for a start! also a big fan of both wild beasts and metronomy and they always seem to tour in the same year so that always bulks up the undercard. add !!! and you have a truly party line up!

small band recommendation: Nots. from america all girl punk stuff saw them at riot fest in chicago this year, spot on.

Edited by Memory Man

47 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

when radiohead aren't playing it doesn't really sell out. at the very most it would be about 3 weeks before. 

the prices do go up gradually though as time goes on so best to get on the payment plan asap if you're going.

I find the lineup to have loads of strength in depth. the out and out headliners are not to my taste but name me another festival in the world that could book Aphex Twin, Slayer and Grace Jones. none of them will be playing glastonbury for a start! also a big fan of both wild beasts and metronomy and they always seem to tour in the same year so that always bulks up the undercard. add !!! and you have a truly party line up!

small band recommendation: Nots. from america all girl punk stuff saw them at riot fest in chicago this year, spot on.

Thankyou very much. Going to wait for my uni exam timetable before deciding then as it's not so much of a rush. 

How do we know grace Jones isn't playing glastonbury (she's on my wishlist every year) but the lineup does look very good . I do like wild beasts and metronomy as well

Ill check them out.  Thankyou again 

Hi, I'm Bernie Sanchez, AKA Murdoc. No connection with Damon Albarn or any cartoon musician (I wish I had).

Actually, we are on Spotify, but it seems there are some regional issues. This the album link

And this is our first video.

Everything brand new. 

I wish I could meet some of you guys during the festival! 

www.facebook.com/murdocbarcelona

17 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

How do we know grace Jones isn't playing glastonbury (she's on my wishlist every year)

admittedly we don't but she has been active on the UK festival scene for years so the fact she hasn't yet done it suggests to me that she never will, most likely as the fees aren't good enough (or they can't agree a stage position she would accept)

Edited by Memory Man

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Can anyone recommend some good live bands from the lineup? As in bands who are better live than on record? I can only see Swans, the Make-up and Royal Trux and but sure loads more...

Actually one of the best italian artist.

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

Can anyone recommend some good live bands from the lineup? As in bands who are better live than on record? I can only see Swans, the Make-up and Royal Trux and but sure loads more...

Definitely HVOB.

Edited by ilbeyene

On 12/3/2016 at 4:51 PM, Memory Man said:

admittedly we don't but she has been active on the UK festival scene for years so the fact she hasn't yet done it suggests to me that she never will, most likely as the fees aren't good enough (or they can't agree a stage position she would accept)

a lot of acts seem to tour around Glastonbury yearly and then eventually make their way on to the lineup (ZZ Top and Beck from this year, for example) so i wouldn't be too quick to write her off. she'd make an ace West Holts headliner

and i (somehow) have only just mentioned Royal Trux were playing after seeing them mentioned above. ace! the clashes at this are gonna be horrific, i can already tell

22 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

They actually sold out nearly three months ahead of the event in 2013. 

fair. That one will have been pushed through by Blur and also the event has expanded in capacity since then.

For 2016 there are no headliners that will be bringing a huge international following and therefore I would not be worried about this edition selling out early. Especially once many other competing euro festivals announce their line ups.

There are a lot of former regular attendees who have actually written PS Barcelona off now (as its got too big) and prefer to go elsewhere like Porto or Best Kept secret etc etc

Edited by Memory Man

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

a lot of acts seem to tour around Glastonbury yearly and then eventually make their way on to the lineup (ZZ Top and Beck from this year, for example) so i wouldn't be too quick to write her off. she'd make an ace West Holts headliner

Yeah there is always the chance, but i won't be holding my breath. She has played parklife for god's sake....

19 minutes ago, bocumaroy said:

In the event that it doesn't sell out, has anyone got any experience in booking flights/accommodation just a few weeks in advance? 

I'd like to go again but won't know if it's possible until my exam timetable comes out, which is cutting pretty fine even if there are tickets left.

The flights will cost a bomb at the last minute. I suspect festival tickets won't sell out. Accommodation will be fine as long as you aren't overly fussy.