Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic line up

Prefer it better than last years, glad there's no massive headliner taking away from the overall quality of the announcement 

Surprised Arcade Fire are back so soon, however, loved them last time 

Plus do love a bit of Slayer live 

Glad I'm booked up again 

Just now, RaphPH said:

The big six and undercard don't do it. Whereas Strokes and Radiohead really did it. 

Cyf9tfJXAAAm_cc.jpg:large

First bunch is a mixture for me. Grace Jones, AF, and the XX would be great for me whereas Frank Ocean, Bon Iver are pretty overrated. Van Morrison or Brian Wilson - Wilson every time. Second bunch are more no than yes. The third lot is full of gems and a really strong undercard. Whitney, Saint Etienne, Glass Animals, !!!, King Gizzard all favourites.

Only heard 3 of the bottom lot but thats down to my failings rather than theirs.

I preferred the 2016 edition, but this one is very, very strong.

Very good line up. Although it's not Primavera's best imo, I can imagine a lot of people are happy. 

Some really strange positions on the line up... wouldn't of expected to see Teenage Fanclub so high up! Also something hilarious about seeing Slayer billed between Grace Jones & Solange! :P

16 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Cyf9tfJXAAAm_cc.jpg:large

First bunch is a mixture for me. Grace Jones, AF, and the XX would be great for me whereas Frank Ocean, Bon Iver are pretty overrated. Van Morrison or Brian Wilson - Wilson every time. Second bunch are more no than yes. The third lot is full of gems and a really strong undercard. Whitney, Saint Etienne, Glass Animals, !!!, King Gizzard all favourites.

Only heard 3 of the bottom lot but thats down to my failings rather than theirs.

I preferred the 2016 edition, but this one is very, very strong.

Bon Iver and Frank Ocean overrated! Ive heard it all today :D

This line-up needs a careful reading. There are a lot of interesting acts (as always). The fact that there are not real headliners (except AF that we re playing 3 years ago though, and with new album at that time), maybe will be good, since people will be splitted in different stages. I personally need some time for some research, but after last year's line-up and the raise in price the expectations were higher, and  I think the line-up is a bit weak. To be more specific, maybe for people that will visit primavera for the first time, line-up is amazing. But for those who go every year, they have seen some of the better acts of the line up, recently, 2-3-4 years ago.

23 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

no Tribe called Quest or Eric B and Rakim, very surprising.

Agreed, surely an addition of ATCQ when they have been announced for Coachella or something is likely? I can't see anything close to the "old school hip hop" that Gabi supposedly hinted at.

Edited by weston24

I'm happy with Bon Iver, Arcade Fire and The xx as while I like them a lot and the first two acts are two of the best I've ever seen live, I've seen them all a number of times before and so I won't mind too much if I have to miss them to see things on the better stages. I was so excited for last year but the best night I had was when I didn't see a headliner.

I'll be there for Frank for sure though, no matter the clash, I've only seen him once before.

Edited by weston24

I suggest you all Iosonouncane (he's not famous outside of Italy); he's one of the most talented italian artists (try with his 2015 lp called Die).

edit: he's one of my favourite musicians.

Overall great lineup imo.

Edited by alan_ts