Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I'm going for KC to sub Saturday before a huge Foo's set and Gaga now to play before Ed on Sunday. The XX naturally sub Friday. Make me hope a little that RB are indeed 3rd down Pyramid Friday and Imagine Dragons sub 2nd on Friday.

2 days ago you were calling my prediction stupid and one of your 3 reasons for doing so was that I had Kaiser Chiefs subbing.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The quote thingy isnt working on mobile browsing. 

I'd be surprised if Imagine Dragons would only be a sub on the other. They got a big crowd last time and were the biggest sub at Reading last year (the other two days had co-headliners).

Edited by reflekting

53 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I'd be surprised if Imagine Dragons would only be a sub on the other. They got a big crowd last time and were the biggest sub at Reading last year (the other two days had co-headliners).

I'd be surprised if they got any better than that - they're much more of a R/L type of band than Glastonbury I think, and Other sub isn't anything to turn your nose up at. I doubt they'd get anything like a high Pyramid placement anyway - Other is perfect for them.

Edited by FloorFiller

12 hours ago, reflekting said:

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd be surprised if they got any better than that - they're much more of a R/L type of band than Glastonbury I think, and Other sub isn't anything to turn your nose up at. I doubt they'd get anything like a high Pyramid placement anyway - Other is perfect for them.

They're in the exact same position as Bastille. A main stage sub at R&L and an Other sub at Glasto. Imagine Dragons subbed R&L least year whilst Bastille subbed Other at Glasto and they're gonna swap for this year.

35 minutes ago, BobbyHunter2017 said:

Can anyone please let me know if Wiley has a chance of being a headliner on the Other stage? Just want to know whether to pack my Rolex or not. Thanks

Guy who runs this site got told he is but there's no chance of it happening. Looks like he is playing Other tho but he'll be lower down.

Edited by Will-2609

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Guy who runs this site got told he is but there's no chance of it happening. Looks like he it playing Other rho but he'll be lower down.

Ok thanks for your response. I think I may give up my ticket now as I was really looking forward to seeing him steal the show, think he deserves more than mid table on the Other Stage.

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

My god I can't believe we are bored enough to be discussing the stage placements of Imagine bloody Dragons, bring back the headliner drama of 2014/15 immediately :fuckyou:

How do you feel about Wiley (aka The Godfather of Grime) Zac? He has the repertoire to blow the Other Stage away

Just now, BobbyHunter2017 said:

How do you feel about Wiley (aka The Godfather of Grime) Zac? He has the repertoire to blow the Other Stage away

One of my first posts in this forum was about my twitter spat with him so I'll always remember him for that, and I used to have a best friend with the surname Wiley triggering endless banter about her wearing her Rolex, but I don't have any strong opinions beyond that

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

One of my first posts in this forum was about my twitter spat with him so I'll always remember him for that, and I used to have a best friend with the surname Wiley triggering endless banter about her wearing her Rolex, but I don't have any strong opinions beyond that

Well I think maybe this is a great opportunity to forgive and forget about the past and welcome the man to the farm with open arms and an open heart. Sounds intriguing, any chance you can post a picture of said friend so I can imagine her wearing nothing but a Rolex?

1 minute ago, BobbyHunter2017 said:

Well I think maybe this is a great opportunity to forgive and forget about the past and welcome the man to the farm with open arms and an open heart. Sounds intriguing, any chance you can post a picture of said friend so I can imagine her wearing nothing but a Rolex?

No but I can tell you I kissed her last boyfriend before she did

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Question:

A lot of the proposed acts/slots in these predictions are variations on a theme. In general, once the actual full lineup is released, does it tend to bear a close resemblance to these predictions, or does it often throw a few curveballs that no-one saw coming?

I'd be surprised if anyone had it more than 10% accurate regarding stages etc... although I'd guess some have a lot higher % of acts right

This was @Will-2609's prediction this time last year

Friday: 
Pyramid: Muse / Foals / ZZ Top / Ice Cube
Other: LCD Soundsystem / Bastille /Jess Glynne / Slaves / Battles
West Holts: Sigur Rós / AIR / Action Bronson
John Peel: Bloc Party / Editors / Jack Garratt
Park: M83 / Daughter / Mac DeMarco 

Saturday: 
Pyramid: Adele / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / The Last Shadow Puppets / Years and Years / John Grant / The Strypes
Other: New Order / CHVRCHES / The 1975 / Wolf Alice / Crystal Fighters
West Holts: James Blake / Four Tet / Floating Points
John Peel: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Coral / The Mystery Jets
Park: Explosions in the Sky / Mercury Rev / Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Sunday: 
Pyramid: Coldplay / Ellie Goulding / Tame Impala / Jeff Lynne's ELO
Other: Bring Me The Horizon / PJ Harvey / Kaiser Chiefs / Robyn / Band of Horses / The Joy Formidable 
West Holts: Earth, Wind and Fire / Jungle / Gary Clark Jr.
John Peel: Jamie xx / Grimes / Boy Better Know / Rat Boy
Park: Wilco / Guy Garvey / Savages

Pretty close I'd say!

22 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

This was @Will-2609's prediction this time last year

Friday: 
Pyramid: Muse / Foals / ZZ Top / Ice Cube
Other: LCD Soundsystem / Bastille /Jess Glynne / Slaves / Battles
West Holts: Sigur Rós / AIR / Action Bronson
John Peel: Bloc Party / Editors / Jack Garratt
Park: M83 / Daughter / Mac DeMarco 

Saturday: 
Pyramid: Adele / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / The Last Shadow Puppets / Years and Years / John Grant / The Strypes
Other: New Order / CHVRCHES / The 1975 / Wolf Alice / Crystal Fighters
West Holts: James Blake / Four Tet / Floating Points
John Peel: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Coral / The Mystery Jets
Park: Explosions in the Sky / Mercury Rev / Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Sunday: 
Pyramid: Coldplay / Ellie Goulding / Tame Impala / Jeff Lynne's ELO
Other: Bring Me The Horizon / PJ Harvey / Kaiser Chiefs / Robyn / Band of Horses / The Joy Formidable 
West Holts: Earth, Wind and Fire / Jungle / Gary Clark Jr.
John Peel: Jamie xx / Grimes / Boy Better Know / Rat Boy
Park: Wilco / Guy Garvey / Savages

Pretty close I'd say!

Just sums up how much more info we had then compared to now, crumbs. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

10 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Just sums up how much more info we have now compared to a year ago, crumbs. 

It's about the same is it not? Like about 75% of the acts on that prediction ended up playing the festival, not necessarily in the same slot as predicted.

Edit: just checked, 40 of 58 acts played

Edited by Acid_Haze

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Just sums up how much more info we have now compared to a year ago, crumbs. 

Really? I think we know naff all other than the headliners and Saturday WH. Have no idea who the Pyramid subs and Other headliners are and I think we had a better idea of most stage headliners last year.

Even the bits of info we have seem doubtful. Gaga's dates make her seem unlikely. Kaisers as a sub seems dumb af (this has just reminded me of the time I walked past you on the Friday in 2014 when you were wearing a Kaisers t-shirt). Barry Gibb and Diana Ross have either nothing or next to nothing lined up. Justice as an Other headliner seems silly (along with Wiley being ridiculous).

We may think we know a decent amount now but when the lineup comes out I'm sure it'll show us all up as clueless. I mean half of us were convinced last year that BMTH were headlining Other.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Really? I think we know naff all other than the headliners and Saturday WH. Have no idea who the Pyramid subs and Other headliners are and I think we had a better idea of most stage headliners last year.

Even the bits of info we have seem doubtful. Gaga's dates make her seem unlikely. Kaisers as a sub seems dumb af (this has just reminded me of the time I walked past you on the Friday in 2014 when you were wearing a Kaisers t-shirt). Barry Gibb and Diana Ross have either nothing or next to nothing lined up. Justice as an Other headliner seems silly (along with Wiley being ridiculous).

We may think we know a decent amount now but when the lineup comes out I'm sure it'll show us all up as clueless. I mean half of us were convinced last year that BMTH were headlining Other.

Yeah sorry I typed that post the wrong way around :( fuck sake I'm having a nightmare today.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I did consider this for a second :lol: I like it like this tho, boring knowing it all in advance ain't it.

Agree, especially with the headliner talk so boring nobody even cares when one of them releases a new song. I don't know what we talked about in the four months before the festival last year given we knew the headliners and the bulk of the undercard by the beginning of March :boredom:

Edited by Zac Quinn