West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was any of Jamiroquai, David Byrne, Kraftwerk, Bjork or the Avalanches I'd be tempted to stay at the WH for the entire weekend.

In the previous years I've been there has always been such a good vibe there. Totally chilled, amazing food, easy access, plenty of nearby bars.

Kool and the Gang, Janelle Monae, Q-Tip, Cee Lo Green in previous years... some real gems have been there. Just wish I could have been there this year or last. 

22 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If The XX aren't to return, I wouldn't be surprised Jamie XX promoted to WH, he's became a pretty big name in his own right 

think The xx i gonna be the main focus next year (at least i hope so). he'll definitely rise to that level, if not bigger, come his next album/next time he's at the festival though

Run The Jewels are prime for headlining, I think. Their 2015 set was immense and they'll have RTJ3 out by then. I recall they hoped to tour next year as well, so there's definitely potential.

I'm listening to Janelle Monae right now and she'd be awesome but her last album was 3 years ago and she's not produced anything since then, with no release on the horizon, as far as I know. So I doubt she'd headline, but could sub? Similar situation with Lauryn HIl - obviously a legend, but she's effectively done nothing for years on end, so sub for her as well?

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not from Manchester.

Next year it's the turn of......*draws name from hat*.........Ocean Colour Scene!

Here's my question, why are James a "Manchester band" when they're quite clearly all from London. It's only in the past few years that I've noticed they aren't huge everywhere, I thought they were sort of the same stature as Blur until they didn't headline Latitude in 2014.