Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, eratiti007 said:

KOL, Pixies and Blink-182 indeed. In the possible bands there are : Bastille, Die Antwoord, Justice, Passenger, Twenty One Pilots, Major Lazer, Seasick Steve, Warpaint, Fleet Foxes, Flume, Alt-J, Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, The Kills, The Killers, James Blake. M83 ? Nothing announced yet but it would be a nice add.

I'd love Prophets of Rage but I wouldn't be surprised if they go to GMM instead.

Although not all the bands are for me its a great rounded undercard/line-up for the people i would be going along with so i hope to get 2/3 of these names :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

1,5 hours for a 22-song set? Well, never mind, that was bleeding 8 years ago;)

They got 23:30-01:00 in Saturday. Am I wrong? 

post-627-1215023032.gif

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

True, but at NOS they were still the last act on main stage, while the other two days closed a lot later. Don't know if the band had any demands about being closing act, but it was striking. Let's see what Werchter will make of it. 

Yes. NOS Alive headliners traditionally get a later timeslot and Radiohead was an exception. I haven't seen them perform a late night festival set in 2016, so I think they won't close Friday.

Can't see Werchter close the main stage so early like NOS Alive 16, it would be a mess. Therefore, they will probably bring a dance act afterwards.

BTW, what's the point with all the downvotes in this thread? Bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Orens said:

They got 23:30-01:00 in Saturday. Am I wrong? 

post-627-1215023032.gif

Yes. NOS Alive headliners traditionally get a later timeslot and Radiohead was an exception. I haven't seen them perform a late night festival set in 2016, so I think they won't close Friday.

Can't see Werchter close the main stage so early like NOS Alive 16, it would be a mess. Therefore, they will probably bring a dance act afterwards.

BTW, what's the point with all the downvotes in this thread? Bizarre.

I was there and I can guarantee they played longer than 1.5h, more like 2h with their encores. So I am quite sure they will close the stage.

And don't worry about the downvotes, this forum is weird. I got a zillion downvotes for bitching about the organization of NOS Alive...just ignore. 

Saturday looks like a Download/Nova Rock day. I hope it won't attract too many teenagers, but it will be funny. Blink is not my dope, but Frank Turner would be a wonderful opener for Saturday, so I wish Werchter will get him. Anyway, the line-up was already amazing before this announcement... I hope will get a bunch of new names next week too. 

3 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

What's the deal to announce a third-down act in a separate announcement? That's new :)

I think it's because they're headliners pretty much everywhere else so its to get people who were tempted by other festivals. 

I love every band on the bill so far. Definitely have to think about getting the money together for this 

6 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Saturday looks like a Download/Nova Rock day. I hope it won't attract too many teenagers, but it will be funny. Blink is not my dope, but Frank Turner would be a wonderful opener for Saturday, so I wish Werchter will get him. Anyway, the line-up was already amazing before this announcement... I hope will get a bunch of new names next week too. 

You mean it looks like 3 Nova Rock headliners in one day? :lol: