Full Set Videos?

FatAmmy

12 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

Cheers Carlo - I'm only getting the PVR icon will have a shufti for theother one.

If you can't find it, it's easy enough to uninstall and reinstall, since there are a few pre-requisites that the install routine carries out as part of the overall install.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/installation

Magic commands to get everything are:

get_iplayer --prefs-add --modes=best
get_iplayer --pid b007r6vx --pid-recursive

It can be done in a one liner if you're a real smart arse.  Make sure you have a fast connection and LOTS (about 250Gb!) of hard drive space!

thanks for this, just tried downloading the LCD set (p03yk1t8) and it worked perfect. 

1 hour ago, cornish hick said:

Hi Mr Hats - thats what i used and ended up with get_iplayer Web PVRManager.  but onlt have a list of a few progs when i search for glastonbury. Seems to be the progs that were on BBC 2 & 4, how do I get the full sets etc.

and i dont understand your magic commands lines. (sorry bit techno for me)

It's real easy, just follow these steps:

1. Launch get_iplayer

2. Enter the following command: (only have to do this once)

3. In a browser, click on here then click through to whichever act you want and copy the URL of that act:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx

4. Back in get_iplayer enter the following command:

get_iplayer <paste_url_from_clipboard>

so for Guy Garvey it would be:

get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03yr49j/glastonbury-2016-guy-garvey

Repeat steps 3-4 for each set you want to download.

Note: the initial programme index downloaded by get_iplayer only seems to include the transmitted broadcasts on BBC2 and 4 so the full url is better as it will tell get_iplayer the exact location to download the special iPlayer programmes for the full sets.

Edited by MoilyX

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2016 at 7:01 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/installation

Magic commands to get everything are:

get_iplayer --pid b007r6vx --pid-recursive

It can be done in a one liner if you're a real smart arse.  Make sure you have a fast connection and LOTS (about 250Gb!) of hard drive space!

I've just downloaded get iplayer but I don't know what I need to install it. There doesn't seem to be an .exe file or anything like that, so when I click on any of them I get asked what program do I want to open it with. Any ideas?

ff.png

25 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I've just downloaded get iplayer but I don't know what I need to install it. There doesn't seem to be an .exe file or anything like that, so when I click on any of them I get asked what program do I want to open it with. Any ideas?

ff.png

There are a number of install routines, including Linux and windows, maybe this is the Linux version. Can you check the website again for an exe or the 'windows installer'? I didn't use this website, but googled it instead originally from another site, as there is definitely a windows install version.

I'm presuming you use windows. If so, here's a link

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/winsetup/

Edited by carlosj

3 minutes ago, carlosj said:

There are a number of install routines, including Linux and windows, maybe this is the Linux version. Can you check the website again for an exe or the 'windows installer'? I didn't use this website, but googled it instead originally from another site, as there is definitely a windows install version.

Such a stupid mistake. It wasn't made clear about this when i downloaded that version, so that's what I've went wrong. Cheers for the help.

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've just got a new telly this week, 49" 1080p replacing my old 32" 720p set. Bloody hell iPlayer quality is dire compared to Netflix and Amazon. Wat no 1080p??

I invested in a nice 40" 4k set right after Glastonbury and have been having the same moan, not least when you compare it to the uhd stuff on netflix (after which everything else looks like one of those VHS rips on youtube by comparison).

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If it's like the app on my tv, every time you start something on iplayer, you have to click on "hd" next to the pause button at the bottom of the video to turn it on. I haven't found a way of defaulting it to this, but then I am a technical know-FA.

I'm talking about the HD stream.  iPlayer only offers 720p, seemingly a highly compressed 720p at that.

49 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I invested in a nice 40" 4k set right after Glastonbury and have been having the same moan, not least when you compare it to the uhd stuff on netflix (after which everything else looks like one of those VHS rips on youtube by comparison).

Was very tempted by 4k, but what with HDR just out, I realised I needed to wait at least a year before I could get an affordable and decent HDR set.  So in the end, I got a cheap (£330) Full HD set, and I'm frankly amazed by how good it is!  Just need to get a cinema soundsystem to match it!  The plan was to upgrade again in a couple of years when HDR is firmly bedded in, but at the moment I'm inclined to leave it as is for a while now.

16 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've just got a new telly this week, 49" 1080p replacing my old 32" 720p set. Bloody hell iPlayer quality is dire compared to Netflix and Amazon. Wat no 1080p??

I downloaded some stuff using get_iplayer yesterday and really noticed the lower quality. I have managed to get most of the stuff I want from torrent sites. I have stuff on my Sky+ HD box which is much better quality than some of the stuff I've downloaded, but I've got no idea how I go about getting it off to put on my HD. I don't want to record it to DVD because that will compress the quality.

Is there a decent USB Video Capture card that will allow me to connect my Sky box to the laptop and transfer the HD recordings without losing quality? I have seen the Dazzle cards mentioned but I've seen mixed reviews?

1 hour ago, cornish hick said:

just got around to watching James from the I-player and its not the full set :(

Have another look. There's a 30 minute version that was shown on BBC4, and the full set is on there as well. Just search James. 63 minutes.

Might be stating the obvious here...but all this talk of streaming/downloading/torrents etc seems like bloody hard work!

I set the EPG timers before leaving for Glasto & recorded the entire HD BBC coverage on BBC2 & 4 with a Panasonic dual tuner Freesat BluRay 500gb hard drive recorder...clashes didn't matter coz it's dual tuner.  The whole lot is on the devices hard drive...easy.  I think it's 'protected' broadcasts or once only copy (to discs) as set by the BEEB.

Get prepared you lot for 2017!

20 minutes ago, JulesyBoy said:

Might be stating the obvious here...but all this talk of streaming/downloading/torrents etc seems like bloody hard work!

I set the EPG timers before leaving for Glasto & recorded the entire HD BBC coverage on BBC2 & 4 with a Panasonic dual tuner Freesat BluRay 500gb hard drive recorder...clashes didn't matter coz it's dual tuner.  The whole lot is on the devices hard drive...easy.  I think it's 'protected' broadcasts or once only copy (to discs) as set by the BEEB.

Get prepared you lot for 2017!

That's nowhere near the full coverage, plus probably more work that get_iplayer once set up. All I had to do this year was run two lines of code. Pretty easy.

Fair play, it's not the red button stuff.  Guess it depends how hard core comprehensive ya wanna be with your recording.  Easy to set up though coz it's Series Link...press OK for the first broadcast on Beeb 2 & the same on 4 & that's it, every TV broadcast recorded over the festy period including any extra documentaries & the like.  About 40 hours worth...how much do ya need FFS!!!

On 16 July 2016 at 2:22 AM, bamber said:

The MAJIK that was Earth Wind & Fire...

So glad I saw these guys, it was a brilliant end to the festival, had a little cry when I watched this back, really need to pull myself together, was lots of fun when green glow sticks too started flying over our heads too, love whoever did that. 
Charm x

On 17/07/2016 at 10:08 AM, Charm said:

So glad I saw these guys, it was a brilliant end to the festival, had a little cry when I watched this back, really need to pull myself together, was lots of fun when green glow sticks too started flying over our heads too, love whoever did that. 
Charm x

The "flying glowsticks" seemed to be an organised thing? They were chucked from various directions  certainly some came from the sound desk area but some came from my right too. There was also some LED spiny floaty things I saw chucked into the crowd though I didn't see one anywhere near me. I wanted one of them.