Car park conditions updates

pie_and_a_pint

3 minutes ago, AnnaGrant said:

Hopefully they will be called in on emergency rates this year, and will have their contract renewed for next year.

Glastonbury Ultimate Towing Tractors say ..... Unfortunately we would probably be unable to help as the workforce, tractor hire, insurance and organisation takes months of planning! We might look pretty laid back but there's years of experience and heaps of preparation that goes into what we do!

https://www.facebook.com/Glastonburytowingtractors/

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, haznutuk said:

Glastonbury Ultimate Towing Tractors say ..... Unfortunately we would probably be unable to help as the workforce, tractor hire, insurance and organisation takes months of planning! We might look pretty laid back but there's years of experience and heaps of preparation that goes into what we do!

https://www.facebook.com/Glastonburytowingtractors/

That's a shame. It would have been suitable compensation to have been able to ride in to the rescue, and get paid premium rates. Maybe the festival will want to resume the contract. I haven't been to the festival this year, but have followed the traffic and parking chaos on the Internet.

The Young Farmers were told their services were no longer required. This means that a Carnival Club may cease to exist due to the lack of funds that have previously come from the festival. I can imagine that the negotiations to get their tractors onsite over the past few days have been interesting. And dispensing with their services has not helped keep locals on board when their lives are disrupted by the festival. There will be a post-mortem after the traffic chaos this year and a fair few locals will be less than sympathetic to whatever Festivals have to say.

2 hours ago, dondo said:

Purple pretty bad. Lots of abandoned cars, some very stuck. I had parked next to tracks but some tw*ts moved their cars and made my route out very tight so ended up going another way and getting stuck. Thankfully as member of AA got towed out by them. They did say that there would be 50 tractors there from 6am ish in morning to help

Also if you have a towing eye for your car make sure you get it out boot before you load up (thankfully I had)

Ok, thanks. We can't leave till afternoon so hopefully the tractors will still be there! We're not AA members, sadly, but hopefully there'll be help on hand. Just dreading it to be honest - am exhausted and want to go home to a comfortable bed, not get stuck in a car park for hours on end :(

Glastonbury Festival has explicitly tweeted to say that being towed out is free. Someone has been very bad and needs sacking if they're surreptitiously collecting money on the sly. You paid £30 for your parking, this is the least they can do. 

I just got home, needed a quick push from where I started but some of the parking areas are far worse. 

We've just left Orange 36 - had to get towed a short section but could drive the rest of the way. A couple of tractors roaming and we didn't have to wait, but not sure if there'll be any more later when it's busier.

As others have said, make sure you get your tow eye out before you load the boot up.

Good luck!

We came out of orange 39. Pretty bad further in, car stuck all over the place. Although I wasn't stuck I had to be towed due to car in front being stuck and not having a tow eye to hand. Make sure you all have yours out. Guy in tractor that helped was great, he said is would be stopping on and working through. I do dread to think how bad it is now and the next few hours! 

Just got on National express coach at 618 on a 6 o clock ticket. I arrived and queued from 515.

The coach park is starting to become chaos and they have ferried in a load of kids to try and marshall it.

I would say get there earlier than your ticket but also keep asking for information until you manage to speak to someone who knows that they are talking about.

Was in Pink 54 and just got back. Got stuck and a really sound bloke gave me a push to get me out. Left whilst it was still getting light though - could see conditions were going to be impossible later without towing just about every car out of some of the Pink car parks.

13 hours ago, sinhala said:

They shouldn't be charging - that's naughty - they are on wages. If you choose to tip them that's a different matter.

They are not on wages and it's a free service provided by the festival.

Edited by Ommadawn