EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

9 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

The showground sent us down an hour ago, if we get refused entry I'm going to absolutely flip. 

Same. We've been stuck for ages and I don't know what we'll do if we have to turn back. Is there any update on how the bus works from B&W to the site? Would it be a 24hr thing?

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now sat on the shuttle bus from the showground, vv slow going towards the site (northbound A37), standstill going south.  Shuttle bus is 24hrs, but seems it's going to take a while before I get in to the festival, usually it takes 10 mins from showground to gate A, but it's been 35 mins and not even on the A361 yet!!!

4 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Just turned on to the small lane now, hoping it's not much further.

I don't think we're too far ahead of you - it moves quicker once you're on the lane. We've just got our cv sticker, so hoping not too much longer...

I just got parked up in e14 at the side of the track, i.e not in a regular spot in the field - there's just nothing left, the only open spots are mashed up by tractors.

this will have to do, better than nothing

sorry to say that anyone still outside the cv fields prob won't have much chance of getting in, tho I might be wrong 

good luck everyone

1 minute ago, SophieBee said:

We're in a cv field! still on the tracks so it may take some time I guess, but we are in at least. Might make it on to site before dark!

But the sun is shining and we are finally at the festival, so my spirits are high 

I'm just in the dip surrounded by trees about 15 mins after we've got our sticker, desperate for the end sight. 

5 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

I'm just in the dip surrounded by trees about 15 mins after we've got our sticker, desperate for the end sight. 

You're probably about 20 mins away - we are moving on and off, but not clear yet where we'll park up. We're in E14 I think. Hope we'll find something soon...

Keeping fingers crossed for you, us and everyone else in the queue.

Don't suppose anyone in London knows someone that would hire me their camervan for the weekend? I just went to leave my carpark in London and the exhaust muffler has fallen off my campervan. I'm now sat back in my flat urgently looking at repair options or last minute hire options and laughing liek a crazed person. Its f-ing ridiculous.

Been at the Showground about an hour - everyone here is telling us we will definitely get on site maybe tonight if not tomorrow, Glastoinfo seem to think we will be here for the weekend... No idea if to put awning up and get settled or be ready to leave at a moments notice, can our driver have a drink or will we then miss our opportunity to get on site?!!! So gutted right now, to me this is not the festival it's a dumping ground...

Edited by M!!!

We've settled in at Bath and West Showground. No intention of moving. It's lovely here. Lots of space, decent toilets, showers. I'd definitely pay to stay here next year. Beautiful evening, buses run 24 hours from tomorrow to Sunday/Monday in a much better place than this time yesterday. 

If you're here, I wouldn't bother trying to get on site now, just enjoy the space and comfort.