Charlotte Church's Pop Dungeon

Keithy

10 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

When people do secret sets do they do them in the Rabbit Hole main bar or in the one through the tunnel? Like for example Mark Ronson the sunday played one of them but I don't know which one

I still get confused by this ...

I think the listings is for the main-tented Rabbit Hole whereas 'Down the Rabbit Hole' is for secret and surprise sets - often accompanied by a big queue.

Last year we headed up the hill in the wee small hours of Monday morning for a bit of a send off from Eat Static,('cos we are old) as flagged up by @stuartbert two hats in his Secret Glasto disguise. We squeezed into the tent and wriggled down to the front and jigged around for a while. It eventually dawned on us that we were in the wrong place and were right at the front of Mark Ronson surrounded by lots of young, pretty people. So, swings and roundabouts eh?!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I know it says pop but wonder what kind of music she'll play?

She's known to be in to some pretty cool music, she was at a recent Deerhoof gig at my local venue the Hare & Hounds in Birmingham.

Got to love the Hare and Hounds. Wish it was a bit easier for me to get to so I could go more often!

1 hour ago, rpfranks said:

I know it says pop but wonder what kind of music she'll play?

ATP:  Nine Inch Nails’ ‘Closer’, Joy Division’s ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’, Peggy Lee’s ‘Fever’, ‘Last Night A DJ Saved My Life’ and David Bowie’s ‘Girl Loves Me’ Plus Basement Jaxx and apparently "My Way" (Sinatra)

23 minutes ago, MrMac said:

ATP:  Nine Inch Nails’ ‘Closer’, Joy Division’s ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’, Peggy Lee’s ‘Fever’, ‘Last Night A DJ Saved My Life’ and David Bowie’s ‘Girl Loves Me’ Plus Basement Jaxx and apparently "My Way" (Sinatra)

Does she get a microphone out & sing any herself?

Just a quick hijack of the thread, but I'm keen to see She Drew the Gun on Thursday evening, based on other comments I take it they're likely to be in the tent as opposed to 'down the tunnel'? 

Back on topic: there's nothing wrong with a Charlotte Crush, she's great. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just a quick hijack of the thread, but I'm keen to see She Drew the Gun on Thursday evening, based on other comments I take it they're likely to be in the tent as opposed to 'down the tunnel'? 

Very much up for seeing these too. Had missed them on the lineup. Thanks for the heads up

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Very much up for seeing these too. Had missed them on the lineup. Thanks for the heads up

No worries, only spotted them this morning myself. Had seen they were playing JP at 11am on Sunday morning but the chances of me making up there at that time of the morning are zero! This works much better. 

38 minutes ago, russycarps said:

*something about glass houses and throwing stones*

ha , I don't mind the Welsh really, great voices

28 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Can't hold that against her, classy birds the Welsh. I wouldn't mind takin err up the rabbit hole, for a drink & a good dance, mind 

I'd take her up the ribbon tower 

5 hours ago, shuttlep said:

glad to see I am not the only one

meet you at the front

ill be there with bells on! Im the muscely welsh rugby fella thats been tangoed! 

2 hours ago, MrMac said:

My understanding is that she sings all of them (which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your point of view!) 

Ah, I see. To a backing track? I'd like to see her do the NIN one.

3 hours ago, Festival Liam said:

Watching her awkwardly read a list of pre-determined questions to Pussy Riot last year was one of the stranger things I've seen at Glastonbury in daylight hours.

From the top of a colleagues Ural which he takes onto site every year. Pussy Riot asked if the were any Russian vehicles on site & his was the largest (only?) one. Definitely a strange, cringeworthy event.

Ural.jpg