Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

This whole debate started with the suggestion that female acts shouldn't be actively imposed on the lineup. So if the lineup came out tomorrow and was 90% female, I'd say yes, there'd be a fair bit of uproar.

But even still, that would be 1 year out of the entire history of the festival. I've not fact checked this but I can pretty confidently say that there has never been a year where there has been anything remotely close to a 50/50 split of male/female acts on the R&L lineup.

But there shouldn't have to be a 50/50 split every year just to keep people happy. It should purely be down to who is the best around at that moment. 

1 minute ago, moams said:

But there shouldn't have to be a 50/50 split every year just to keep people happy. It should purely be down to who is the best around at that moment. 

I'm experiencing deja vu

Looking at the recent announcements for APE and FIB, I think some names that have a chance to pop up here

CATB - Maybe an NME headliner?

The Vaccines - Ditto

Nothing But Thieves - Feel like third down to me, probably similar in size to Blossoms last year

The Hunna - We've done this to death, I'm a fan, but even I'm unsure if they're good enough for third down yet, but it sounds like it's a done deal

Blossoms - Less sure about this one because they were third down last year and probably haven't really grown in size since, but they're playing APE, Sziget and NW so they're definitely gonna be doing the rounds at festivals

Wolf Alice - Been strongly rumoured on this thread

Travis Scott - Potential to sub for Kendrick?

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

We're saying that through the whole lineup, in all positions, they should actively try to book more female acts than they currently do. In some slots there may not be any suitable female acts, in some cases there will be exciting all-male bands that should still be booked, but half the undercard at R&L every year could easily be swapped out for a load of similarly-sized acts and it'd make no difference. It can't be that hard for them to actively get more females on the whole lineup without decimating the quality of it.

Edit: And yes those are famous female rockstars, but there are a shit ton more males who are of the same status, and all the "elite" rock icons are male.

I've said I'd be happy with The Distillers, The Breeders, St Vincent, Pixies, Warpaint, Arcade Fire on the line up but because they don't appeal to GCSE kids who can't handle their ket, they won't booked, even though there are 3 other stages they could play. 

The other bands people have named will have played Reading recently or will probably be on this year's line up anyway. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

u kidding m8, After Laughter is the best thing they've ever released

I'll listen to After Laughter again, tomorrow and I'll feedback. 

When I said "now" I don't know why I said that because I've never liked them, in fact every time they've played LF since 2009 I've avoided them like the plague :lol:

Just now, Hawky said:

I'll listen to After Laughter again, tomorrow and I'll feedback. 

When I said "now" I don't know why I said that because I've never liked them, in fact every time they've played LF since 2009 I've avoided them like the plague :lol:

It's legit full of well written, catchy pop songs.

Aye I wasn't that into them in 2014 when they played, think I went to see Palma Violets instead and caught the end of their set lol. Although I remember really enjoying Ain't it Fun, thought they performed very well. Only properly given them a chance this last year since After Laughter was released.

28 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah fuck feminism.

Fuck pussy girl bands playing R&L and trying to ruin music.

What this festival needs is some good decent rock n roll. Get LG booked! x

Do you reckon the person that downvoted you and got offended by this post is someone who also complains about SJW's getting offended by everything?

9 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Do you reckon the person that downvoted you and got offended by this post is someone who also complains about SJW's getting offended by everything?

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

My opinion is announce Kendrick.

Solid opinion.

43 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

So, what's everyones opinion on the fact that the only black headliner this decade so far has been the Gary Powell from The Libertines?

What about Mr. Porter? If you consider Gary Powell then you have to consider him.