Jne___

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, princess4747 said:

are you kitten me? I asked if they had been before. " Is it your first time at the festival?" Gosh if that's snotty then we're all doomed, haha. 

And you don't need a chemical hand warmer! Nature has it's own warm and cosy pockets ;)

no need to justify yourself to me either, I'm fully convinced your a good egg

for some reason I thought you were being a bit mean to the poor lad, I can't really explain why as your question was perfectly reasonable, it's just the tone I read it in :) 

Sleep with your purse/wallet in your sleeping bag with you. 99.9% of festivalers are good people, I'm convinced of that - but there are few.

I found out the hard way.

Whatever you do, don't leave your purse/wallet in those handy little pockets inside your tent. Again, I found out the hard way...lol.

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

Sleep with your purse/wallet in your sleeping bag with you. 99.9% of festivalers are good people, I'm convinced of that - but there are few.

I found out the hard way.

Whatever you do, don't leave your purse/wallet in those handy little pockets inside your tent. Again, I found out the hard way...lol.

Better yet - Use the lockups.

Admittedly you need to have a camping stove to do this, but my wife takes a hot water bottle for the colder evenings. Actually she uses it on the warmer evenings too - the big wuss.
Whereas I sleep in the nude with just a newspaper to keep me warm. Broadsheet, of course, I'm not a fool.

6 minutes ago, elias said:

Admittedly you need to have a camping stove to do this, but my wife takes a hot water bottle for the colder evenings. Actually she uses it on the warmer evenings too - the big wuss.
Whereas I sleep in the nude with just a newspaper to keep me warm. Broadsheet, of course, I'm not a fool.

what type of gentleman doesn't always have the broad sheets, Pickerings Gin and his Cricket bat and whites back at the tent?

1 hour ago, djdavejohnson said:

I would definitely suggest walking boots rather than wellies - can't believe I hadn't tried it sooner (they made their debut last year).

Deffo!  Walking boots and gaiters if it's really bad.  Never had the need for wellies, and my footwear has never fallen off :)

Good thread!  We've had similar ones but we're probably due a refresh.

a common one (primarily for men) is to use a fabric conditioner bottle for their late night "comfort" breaks (pun intended).  Their wide neck and ample volume is perfect, and they are more water tight than the things you can order on the internet which are designed for the jobs.

not much good for girls though, there are things you can buy on the Internet which are more suitably shaped!

4 minutes ago, siblin said:

Good thread!  We've had similar ones but we're probably due a refresh.

a common one (primarily for men) is to use a fabric conditioner bottle for their late night "comfort" breaks (pun intended).  Their wide neck and ample volume is perfect, and they are more water tight than the things you can order on the internet which are designed for the jobs.

not much good for girls though, there are things you can buy on the Internet which are more suitably shaped!

I can *ahem* testify that a Lenor 1 litre (preferably Summer Breeze) is ample for those of the female endowment.

You're welcome ladies ;)

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Or you could just use the toilets there?

You've clearly never gone to bed with a bladder full of 4 litres of Brothers. Good luck emptying that bad boy at 4 in the morning while nursing the mother of all hangovers/headaches whilst trying to circumnavigate an obstacle course of guy ropes, trolleys, and the like.

out of interest those who are part of the Lenore gang, once you wake in the morning do you go for a nice walk to the longdrops with a full bottle of body processed cider and poor it away or are you just hoying it in the nearest bin?

the reason I ask is it seems a popular method but I did see anyone walking through site looking like they were about to put a wash on

3 minutes ago, sloseph said:

out of interest those who are part of the Lenore gang, once you wake in the morning do you go for a nice walk to the longdrops with a full bottle of body processed cider and poor it away or are you just hoying it in the nearest bin?

the reason I ask is it seems a popular method but I did see anyone walking through site looking like they were about to put a wash on

Ah, that's where The Guardian bag comes in handy. For transporting the Lenor bottle to the loo, not for actually peeing in. It might get a tad soggy.

In a pinch, and assuming you can do it without widdling all over your tent floor, empty pint cups (or Pot Noodle cups) can be used for that late night/early morning emergency lady-wee.  Then decant into bottle.  Put bottle well out of reach.  It's part of my nightly routine - on my way to bed I pick up littered beer cups and bottles and rinse them at tap while filling my own water bottle.  I have a Whiz thingy now too which brought me great joy.  In any row of longdrops even at peak time there's always one without a queue cos it's so filthy.  With a pee-thingy you can just get in there and have a wazz regardless.

I second the actual handwash tip.  It makes such a difference.

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Don't however put it at the bottom of your sleeping bag if you sleep with your feet by the door. I've heard of sneaky thief gits opening the tent and then just cutting open the bottom of your sleeping bag. Lockups are your best bet, or I like the sock idea from before!

58 minutes ago, sloseph said:

Deffo take it to the long drops, strutting proudly with the previous nights produce on show!

come the morning you're usually ready to go again anyway

1 hour ago, stixmcvix said:

I can *ahem* testify that a Lenor 1 litre (preferably Summer Breeze) is ample for those of the female endowment.

You're welcome ladies ;)

Well there you go.  The other half of the species never cease to surprise me!

I might as well chuck my recommendation in: I'm fairly sure that the best option for a late night emergency bottle is a 1L bottle of Dettol Laundry Cleanser.

Basically because in addition to the wide neck you get on standard fabric softeners, it's got a couple other advantages over most others - there's a built in handle which helps reduce the chance of something deeply unpleasant happening and also it's a solid white instead of clear, so (in my mind at least) is less obvious if someone catches a glance.