Next Announcement thread

Matt42

1 minute ago, glastohead11 said:

I was one of the 'well sourced' people who dismissed radiohead subbing adele.

I am still confident that radiohead won't be subbing adele. I have also been told that it won't be a 'special guest' so I expect the adele sub to be announced with the line up. 

Have you had any word on who it is or just that it's not Radiohead?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we've had Unfairground, I'm more inclined to think we'll get one or maybe two more over the weekend. There are now so few non-main stage places left that haven't released a line up, it doesn't make sense to leave the last few out. Plus I'd imagine they'd want their time in the spotlight.

Just now, big__phil said:

Now we've had Unfairground, I'm more inclined to think we'll get one or maybe two more over the weekend. There are now so few non-main stage places left that haven't released a line up, it doesn't make sense to leave the last few out. Plus I'd imagine they'd want their time in the spotlight.

I hope so, that would be nice over the long weekend :)

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Have you had any word on who it is or just that it's not Radiohead?

not heard anything about who it is just that it is very unlikely to be RH. I was just told that isn't a 'special guest' which I am guessing means whoever it is will be announced. 

I am fairly confident radiohead will be at the festival though, just not subbing. I might be wrong but I would be really surprised based on what this person has been right about before. 

1 minute ago, glastohead11 said:

not heard anything about who it is just that it is very unlikely to be RH. I was just told that isn't a 'special guest' which I am guessing means whoever it is will be announced. 

I am fairly confident radiohead will be at the festival though, just not subbing. I might be wrong but I would be really surprised based on what this person has been right about before. 

I'd be more disheartened if your source actually had an alternative name.

In fact, none of the naysayers have offered an alternative name as far as I'm aware.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd be more disheartened if your source actually had an alternative name.

and that's just it - no one seems to know, while they know other acts (even if they're not saying).

My impression is that it's something a little different to just another band on the bill.

1 minute ago, cazzatron said:

I still think there is merit in the James Blunt rumour...

If this was from the radiohead thread then it was me and I have no actual information. I could just imagine a sea of gutted efesters (is that a thing?) weeping silently as they walked away from the Pyramid to the sound of your beautiful. 

In reality I'd be happy if it was Radiohead. I don't think I'd appreciate anyone else as much as the die hard fans on here would appreciate radiohead. 

2 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

If this was from the radiohead thread then it was me and I have no actual information. I could just imagine a sea of gutted efesters (is that a thing?) weeping silently as they walked away from the Pyramid to the sound of your beautiful. 

In reality I'd be happy if it was Radiohead. I don't think I'd appreciate anyone else as much as the die hard fans on here would appreciate radiohead. 

Hehe, yeah I gathered it wasn't based on anything but that image you've given there really tickled me. Afraid no more upvotes but kudos.