Who's Playing What Day Thread

kingcrawler

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm surprised at how big people think ZZ Top are. I thought they were reduced to playing state fairs in the US and, at best, Apollo size venues over here.

Can't wait to see them but surely no higher than 4th on Pyramid.

Motorhead were playing pretty much exactly the same venues at the time of playing Glastonbury, and ZZ Top are much more of a UK festival rarity than them. i'd be very surprised if they were lower than third

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

ZZ Top are bigger than Beck though. But whatever, hopefully it's something we can find out in this thread before the poster reveal.

Beck is much bigger than ZZ Top these days. far better sales, chart positions and critical recognition.

they're an 80s novelty act pretty much, that most people would have assumed had broken up or were dead.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Beck is much bigger than ZZ Top these days. far better sales, chart positions and critical recognition.

they're an 80s novelty act pretty much, that most people would have assumed had broken up or were dead.

Beck's festival slots on his last album tour weren't so major. FN6 and Big Top at Bestival - puts him about on a par with Hot Chip who do that this year. If you think ZZ Top are much smaller than that then you're actually fine because I don't give that much of a shit really.

19 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

wish we could print this post out and have u meet them as they arrive on-site and read this back to them....

as for comparing Motorhead and ZZ Top....didn't ZZ Top get this spot below only because Motorhead were offered it first but turned it down? 6:10 in...

Edited by tevaburger

9 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Rubbish! I haven't seen Beck in a Nickelback video.

Edited by 6t6o6m
Shit grammar

I've noticed CHVRCHES are down twice on the efests line up, confirmed for Saturday other stage and confirmed for unknown day, unknown stage, does anyone know what's going on here? I haven't seen anything to suggest they're playing twice but I'll be delighted if they are. 

I noticed Kurt Vile is down as solo too, I'll be very disappointed if the Violators aren't there with him :(. 

4 minutes ago, pantu the dog said:

I've noticed CHVRCHES are down twice on the efests line up, confirmed for Saturday other stage and confirmed for unknown day, unknown stage, does anyone know what's going on here? I haven't seen anything to suggest they're playing twice but I'll be delighted if they are. 

I noticed Kurt Vile is down as solo too, I'll be very disappointed if the Violators aren't there with him :(. 

i'm guessing thats just a mistake on efests part rather than them playing two sets - Neil is pretty confident they're playing below New Order on the Saturday

as for the Kurt Vile thing, Neil stuck him as 'solo' due to '& The Violators' not being on the poster, but i think they did that just to save space. he won't be playing solo - it'll be the full band affair 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i'm guessing thats just a mistake on efests part rather than them playing two sets - Neil is pretty confident they're playing below New Order on the Saturday

as for the Kurt Vile thing, Neil stuck him as 'solo' due to '& The Violators' not being on the poster, but i think they did that just to save space. he won't be playing solo - it'll be the full band affair 

Ah ok, I thought as much with CHVRCHES, was hoping Neil may have been tipped off about another appearance but I thought that'd be wishful thinking :lol:

I hope you're right about Kurt, he's still great on his own but I much prefer the full band experience. These two are both on Saturday aren't they? Them clashing will give me nightmares! 

2 minutes ago, pantu the dog said:

Ah ok, I thought as much with CHVRCHES, was hoping Neil may have been tipped off about another appearance but I thought that'd be wishful thinking :lol:

I hope you're right about Kurt, he's still great on his own but I much prefer the full band experience. These two are both on Saturday aren't they? Them clashing will give me nightmares! 

yeah both Saturday. i think Kurt will be on slightly earlier (maybe right before) Chvrches. would't mind catching both myself so also hoping they don't both clash

On 1 May 2016 at 11:17 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

Harsh that. I'll probably get crucified for this but Beck tries too hard to be cool for my liking. If him and ZZ Top clash I know who I'm watching, and they ain't a novelty act.

8 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Wow, you guys really think ZZ top could be 3rd or 4th on the pyramid? 

I had no idea they were so popular.

I wouldn't have been too surprised to see them playing by the gates as people walked in. 

At Bonnaroo in 2013 or 2014 they were put on a stage much too small for them and the place was PACKED for what it is worth. The show was definitely rocking. 

ZZ Top are a novelty act nowadays. A great one, but a novelty act none the less. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were 4th down on the Pyramid.

They were 3rd from top at Download in 2009, they clearly haven't gotten any bigger since then, and when you factor in the fact Glastonbury is a much bigger festival, 4th from top on the main stage is easily done. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

ZZ Top are a novelty act nowadays. A great one, but a novelty act none the less. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were 4th down on the Pyramid.

They were 3rd from top at Download in 2009, they clearly haven't gotten any bigger since then, and when you factor in the fact Glastonbury is a much bigger festival, 4th from top on the main stage is easily done. 

Motorhead played third down at Download (including being booked for that position this year until Lemmy passed) so surely ZZ Top who are in a similar 'heavy act somewhat out of place' slot at Glastonbury. maybe they will be fourth down, but i think third is perfectly reasonable, and due to the rareness of them being booked for a festival over here, fair enough

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Motorhead played third down at Download (including being booked for that position this year until Lemmy passed) so surely ZZ Top who are in a similar 'heavy act somewhat out of place' slot at Glastonbury. maybe they will be fourth down, but i think third is perfectly reasonable, and due to the rareness of them being booked for a festival over here, fair enough

3rd or 4th down are both perfectly reasonable - I just don't think we should be so insistent that they could only possibly play 3rd down. 

Bloody hell, we are questioning people like ZZ Top and Beck being big enough for 3rd and I've just seen that the IOW festival has the Sunday as:

Queen and Lambert

Ocean Colour Scene

The Cribs

as a top 3!!!! Wtf

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Bloody hell, we are questioning people like ZZ Top and Beck being big enough for 3rd and I've just seen that the IOW festival has the Sunday as:

Queen and Lambert

Ocean Colour Scene

The Cribs

as a top 3!!!! Wtf

That's their problem, not ours! :P

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Queen and Lambert

Ocean Colour Scene

The Cribs

as a top 3!!!! Wtf

IoW always has a really top-heavy lineup - looks like all the money goes on half a dozen big (to very big) names. OCS will go down well with the blokey Dad-rock crowd the festival seems to aim at. But even so that is poor!

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

IoW always has a really top-heavy lineup - looks like all the money goes on half a dozen big (to very big) names. OCS will go down well with the blokey Dad-rock crowd the festival seems to aim at. But even so that is poor!

They haven't even done top heavy this year!! Stereophonic and Faithless, Ashcroft, OCS, The Cribs!! Shockingly bad

Just now, sisco said:

They haven't even done top heavy this year!! Stereophonic and Faithless, Ashcroft, OCS, The Cribs!! Shockingly bad

The Who were big enough to headline a certain Somerset festival last year. Karaoke Queen are a big draw, Stereophonics to a lesser extent. And they do have Iggy :(. But yeah I agree with your assessment!

"And we're doing Philip Glass's Heroes Symphony on the Park Stage on Saturday night, which is going to be a really intimate tribute to Bowie. It's being conducted by Charles Hazlewood with members of the Paraorchestra. And we're going to do an incredible light show which will go on for the whole show and beyond, into the night."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36201807

This has thrown something of a spanner in the works, where does this leave Explosions in the Sky, Mercury Rev, Savages? I think its safe to assume Sigur Ros are the Friday Park headliners now, Underworld Friday John Peel or West Holts, Fatboy Slim John Peel Saturday (Headliner?), Example apparently is on Friday or Saturday on I had assumed John Peel due to Other seemingly being full both nights. 

EDIT: Just seen Savages are at the Eden Sessions in Cornwall on the Monday so probably likely for Sunday.

Edited by dj_tim

4 minutes ago, dj_tim said:

"And we're doing Philip Glass's Heroes Symphony on the Park Stage on Saturday night, which is going to be a really intimate tribute to Bowie. It's being conducted by Charles Hazlewood with members of the Paraorchestra. And we're going to do an incredible light show which will go on for the whole show and beyond, into the night."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36201807

This has thrown something of a spanner in the works, where does this leave Explosions in the Sky, Mercury Rev, Savages? I think its safe to assume Sigur Ros are the Friday Park headliners now, Underworld Friday John Peel or West Holts, Fatboy Slim John Peel Saturday (Headliner?), Example apparently is on Friday or Saturday on I had assumed John Peel due to Other seemingly being full both nights. 

How the hell they're managing to fit everything in I have no idea

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Queen and Lambert

Ocean Colour Scene

The Cribs

as a top 3!!!! Wtf

The IOW is a really bad festival though. It's not even in the same league as Glastonbury.